Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

What do you do for work?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #2161
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty Shackleford
Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
Any NDT guys on here?
Nope but I work with a lot of 'em.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #2162
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragons Taco View Post
Yes it was directed toward you. I took a chance it would go in after your post. & yes I understand. Too bad, I had images of you machining Dragons Monsters and Pirate stuff, with CNC machines and welders that spit out fairy dust.
He doesn't create unicorns.

Or does he...?
Old 09-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #2163
Airdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AD3 86-89 VX-5 China Lake
Name: Tom
Airdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragons Taco View Post
Yes it was directed toward you. I took a chance it would go in after your post. & yes I understand. Too bad, I had images of you machining Dragons Monsters and Pirate stuff, with CNC machines and welders that spit out fairy dust.
Sadly that stuff is contracted out these days. My title is outside machinist otherwise known as a mechanic in the rest of the world. We take care of the rides on a daily basis. Inside machinists take care of the fab stuff but usually only do small I need it now type items mostly for the older rides though. The newer rides we get parts from the manufacturer.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #2164
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
I recently quit my job as an electrical engineer, got sick of the drama and paperwork and lack of salary. I am now training to be a nuclear shift supervisor which takes 2 years
I thought you were a horse
Old 09-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #2165

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I thought you were a horse
Quote:
I am a horse on the side, but sadly people just don't pay enough money for me to be able to afford the basic operating costs of hay and oats to maintain such a lifestyle.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #2166
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am a horse on the side, but sadly people just don't pay enough money for me to be able to afford the basic operating costs of hay and oats to maintain such a lifestyle.
Hence the Unicorn
Old 09-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #2167

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
unicorns eat rainbows so buying a pallet of skittles has seemed to suffice for long term sustainability
at least you have a plan
Old 09-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #2169
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog View Post
If this is directed towards me...Dream Job is a bit of a stretch. Disney is very much like any other large corporation when it comes to their cast members....
l'll leave it at that.
Fixed that for you
Old 09-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #2170
IAFF Local 34 Professional FireFighters
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-06-2013, 11:32 PM   #2171
MiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MiniBike's Tacoma Gallery
I do nothing - by choice.

I now feel much less outraged by my government's frivolous spending!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #2172
B.P. will become famous soon enough
Name: Brian
B.P.'s Tacoma Gallery
Local 16 Sheet metal Worker, Currently a second year apprentice
Old 11-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #2173
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniBike View Post
I do nothing - by choice.

I now feel much less outraged by my government's frivolous spending!
Really? Can't tell....

So I gotta ask, are you retired? How do you support yourself?
Old 11-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #2174
JKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
JKU3000's Tacoma Gallery
I work in a petstore, it blows but only way to get by school and mod the truck
Old 11-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #2175
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKU3000 View Post
I work in a petstore, it blows but only way to get by school and mod the truck
Good for you man. I'm sick of these cats that think it's ok to not work (not those who don't have a choice) but, those who choose not to work. IMO, they should be embarrased.

And you know, if work didn't suck we wouldn't be paid to do it...
Old 11-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #2176
JKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
JKU3000's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

And you know, if work didn't suck we wouldn't be paid to do it...[/QUOTE]

Yea, im allergic to all the animals lol but payday makes up for it
Old 11-09-2013, 04:25 AM   #2177
MacDougl is on a distinguished road
MacDougl's Tacoma Gallery
Being in Kansas and in the Wichita area, I work aircraft. As for what I do, that depends on the day of the week. official title is electrical engineer, but I also certify systems, work with the FAA, troubleshoot planes, some design, certification and compliance report writing, and also a DER.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:41 AM   #2178
"old Brett"
BDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
BDN's Tacoma Gallery
Self employed, commercial door repair, locksmith. Pays the bills.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:07 AM   #2179
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Good for you man. I'm sick of these cats that think it's ok to not work (not those who don't have a choice) but, those who choose not to work. IMO, they should be embarrased.

And you know, if work didn't suck we wouldn't be paid to do it...
I love my job

That said I had some terrible jobs while I was in school.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #2180

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
I love my job

That said I had some terrible jobs while I was in school.
Would you still go to work if they didn't pay you?

I love my job too mostly because it's the easiest exchange for food, clothing and shelter I can find. But, if not for them helping me supply my needs, I would be outta there....

Products Discussed in this Thread