Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

What do you do for work?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2014, 08:24 PM   #2301
trailbikerider is on a distinguished road

trailbikerider's Tacoma Gallery
I currently work at NAPA, but I'm going to school for Civil Engineering.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:29 PM   #2302
RdRunr is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
RdRunr's Tacoma Gallery
I'm an electronics engineer, currently working at a company that makes space ships.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #2303
VAYoder4167 is on a distinguished road

Name: Frank
VAYoder4167's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TRDsport View Post
I work for an excavation company running excavators, backhoes, loaders etc. I dig it
Damn your lucky I used to do that and miss it so much that and being a diesel mechanic. I envy you and your job.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #2304
Master of the Prius...
SpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryen
SpazzyB's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SpazzyB
Lube tech for Toyota.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:57 PM   #2305
SuazoYota is on a distinguished road

Name: Spencer
SuazoYota's Tacoma Gallery
1-800-Appliance
Pretty nice job, fixin appliances is pretty easy with an automotive background
Old 02-04-2014, 03:28 PM   #2307
just dig it
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19 D PFC, 165th brg 3-34 bat 5-17
Name: Eddy
EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
A fitter/welder and hate it!!! CAnt wait for my wife to finish school so I can get back to my degree
Old 02-04-2014, 09:09 PM   #2309
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shackley View Post
Retired in New Mexico after 21 years teaching archaeology at UC, Berkeley.
Nice. I got my BA at Cal....
Old 02-05-2014, 04:37 AM   #2310
Christ-a-licious
Battle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 15-6'rs
Name: Korben
Battle Pope's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-05-2014, 03:21 PM   #2311
06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
06TRDsport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAYoder4167 View Post
Damn your lucky I used to do that and miss it so much that and being a diesel mechanic. I envy you and your job.
That post was over 7 years ago. I've been working for a paving company the last couple years and it sucks! I miss running excavators.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:28 PM   #2312
Hafa Adai!
tagaman670 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: C-Tech
Name: joey
tagaman670's Tacoma Gallery
I am in the Airforce, i worked as a confinement officer, currently in technical school to be a combat arms instructor
Old 02-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #2313
Razer is on a distinguished road
Air Force: AC&W Radar Maintenance
Name: Martin
Razer's Tacoma Gallery
I work at the Mercedes plant in Alabama and I keep the robots running and the line moving.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:13 PM   #2314
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer View Post
I work at the Mercedes plant in Alabama and I keep the robots running and the line moving.
I got to work the line for a week at the Honda plant out there as part of my training. That's hard work, I was definitely sore the first few days.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:10 PM   #2315
TheSurvivalist is on a distinguished road

TheSurvivalist's Tacoma Gallery
Attorney
Old 02-20-2014, 12:16 PM   #2316
KMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KMitch's Tacoma Gallery
Accountant
Old 02-20-2014, 02:26 PM   #2317
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytoast View Post
I'm a railroad track inspector and also do estimating for railroad track maintenance/repairs/construction for a railroad engineering/construction company. Been in the railroad business for 9 years.

Who do you work for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Do you drive a truck with railroad wheels on it?

I get to!! 😬

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytoast View Post
I do sometimes; that type of truck is called a Hi-Rail vehicle. My Tacoma isn't one. I usually drive to a business/facility that has railroad tracks and do a walking inspection of the tracks. Hi-Rail equipped vehicles are used more for remote areas and mainline freight tracks.

I am about to start working as a management trainee on the railroad, will be a track supervisor in a year!
Old 02-20-2014, 04:41 PM   #2318
Motherfucking Wizard
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timmytoast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
Who do you work for?

I get to!! 😬

I am about to start working as a management trainee on the railroad, will be a track supervisor in a year!
I work for a company called H&H Engineering Construction, Inc.

I only drive the Hi-Rail when I'm inspecting a certain industry track.

I was offered a job a few years ago as a Track Foreman with Kiewit's South West rail division. I didn't want to travel as much as the job required so I turned down the offer. It's looking like I'll be moving into Construction/Project Management in a few years.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:30 AM   #2319
adamh1977 is on a distinguished road

adamh1977's Tacoma Gallery
Journeyman electrician/ plant E/I and maintenance
Old 02-26-2014, 01:35 PM   #2320
TreadUp is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
TreadUp's Tacoma Gallery
CRD/HCU Technician for GE.

CRD=Control Rod Drive. HCU=Hydraulic Control Unit

In laymen terms, I work on nuclear reactors. I get to travel around the country and sometimes out of the country.

I can honestly say, I love my job. Spring, I am away from home a lot but I am home for quite a while in the summer. It allows me to do a lot of diving/fishing.

If you are single, which I am not, mechanically inclined and like to travel, I would highly recommend getting into the nuclear industry as a tech during shut-downs.

Products Discussed in this Thread