Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

What do you do for work?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2014, 12:57 AM   #2401
ghostlytrd is on a distinguished road
Name: rory
ghostlytrd's Tacoma Gallery
Salesman Verizon Wireless...pays the bills. Was a heavy machinery operator for the USMC...Semper Fi
Old 08-03-2014, 12:59 AM   #2402
Don't mind me, I'm only slightly stupid
HamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
HamerMan's Tacoma Gallery
I cook food at sonic.. It's got it's benefits haha
Old 08-04-2014, 04:11 PM   #2404
johnnythunders79 is on a distinguished road
Name: John
johnnythunders79's Tacoma Gallery
Assistant State Court Administrator for western state supreme court
Old 08-04-2014, 04:12 PM   #2405
BAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prime BEEF
Name: Ray
BAMS's Tacoma Gallery
Operations Manager for the largest independent rifle barrel manufacturer in North America. And proud of it!
Old 08-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #2406
LCBogey is just really niceLCBogey is just really niceLCBogey is just really niceLCBogey is just really niceLCBogey is just really nice

Name: Landon
LCBogey's Tacoma Gallery
I sell Medical Software.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:31 AM   #2407
pruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pruchai's Tacoma Gallery
Unix/Linux Sysadmin. Networking. Storage. DevOps.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:02 AM   #2408
toofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
toofish2's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a Chief Building Engineer for a small company in DC that has multiple office/Residential buildings in DC…..
Old 08-18-2014, 09:26 PM   #2409
ecotecin is one of the sharper tools in the shedecotecin is one of the sharper tools in the shedecotecin is one of the sharper tools in the shedecotecin is one of the sharper tools in the shedecotecin is one of the sharper tools in the shedecotecin is one of the sharper tools in the shedecotecin is one of the sharper tools in the shedecotecin is one of the sharper tools in the shedecotecin is one of the sharper tools in the shedecotecin is one of the sharper tools in the shedecotecin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ecotecin's Tacoma Gallery
Cable splicer for Frontier Communications
Old 08-19-2014, 05:41 AM   #2410
1x1MTB is on a distinguished road
Marines:
1x1MTB's Tacoma Gallery
I've worked on the avionics systems in the AV8B Harrier jet for the past 15 years.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:12 AM   #2412
LCBogey is just really niceLCBogey is just really niceLCBogey is just really niceLCBogey is just really niceLCBogey is just really nice

Name: Landon
LCBogey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Does anyone know the firefighter who, many many months ago, posted a video of him fighting a fire with a GoPro attached to his gear? Anyone remember this? Am trying to find him to ask a question about how he attached his GoPro so well....
Google - GoPro Chesty Mount. Pretty sure that is what was used. I use it Mtn. Biking all the time and it works like a champ.

Look at one of my Mtn Biking Vids - Was this the view?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJgt3JvyTn4
Old 08-28-2014, 10:22 AM   #2413
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
I forget if that was the view, but I'm thinking it wasn't. It might've been a helmet mount, but my concern is getting too close to a fire and having the adhesive melt off. The chest harness would take a bit longer to get rigged if they're rushing to a fire - I can't slow them up to do that.

Pretty damned cool video, btw, thanks.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:59 AM   #2414
ThatOneGator is on a distinguished road

Name: John
ThatOneGator's Tacoma Gallery
I currently do surveying, mostly for mortgages on homes, but that may change since the company that was contracting mine terminated the contract and I can't move to where there's work.
Old 09-20-2014, 02:37 PM   #2415
TimsTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
TimsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I work for a tire & auto service company as a warehouse manager. Good job and pays the bills.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:23 AM   #2416
proavgeek is on a distinguished road
Name: Jonathan
proavgeek's Tacoma Gallery
AudioVisual Systems Design Engineer - I currently work for a University and do most anything from design like my title says all the way through programming of control systems and high level troubleshooting and maintenance.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:26 AM   #2417
Chesh is one of the sharper tools in the shedChesh is one of the sharper tools in the shedChesh is one of the sharper tools in the shedChesh is one of the sharper tools in the shedChesh is one of the sharper tools in the shedChesh is one of the sharper tools in the shedChesh is one of the sharper tools in the shedChesh is one of the sharper tools in the shedChesh is one of the sharper tools in the shedChesh is one of the sharper tools in the shedChesh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Chesh's Tacoma Gallery
I test various boxed cereals and video games in my parents' basement.

At least that's what everyone thinks when they ask what I do and I tell them I'm a web developer.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:41 PM   #2418
Tacoma253 is on a distinguished road

Tacoma253's Tacoma Gallery
Work on movie sets. Seasons 1,2 and 3 for "House of cards".
The last few years.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:02 AM   #2420
ProPhaze777 is a jewel in the roughProPhaze777 is a jewel in the roughProPhaze777 is a jewel in the rough

ProPhaze777's Tacoma Gallery
Parts sales for a semi truck dealership, stressful as fuck, but it pays decent and good hours

Products Discussed in this Thread