1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1983 toyota trailblazer

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by gearhead06, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Aug 29, 2010 at 3:58 PM
    gearhead06

gearhead06 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    josh
    columbus
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma v6 4x4
    I have a 3" lift from suspensionconnection.com... I have 4.88 gears Front and Rear with 2 Arb Lockers.. Im running on some 315/75R16 FIERCE ATTITUDE M/T...
    so im getting an 1983 toyota trailblazer
    22r
    solid front axle
    all the interior room you will ever need
    it is a 1983 so it has its little querks but is a solid truck no rust
    clicking sound from clutch but operates fine...

so does anyone know anything about these trucks or maybe know why there is a clicking sound coming from the clutch???
    i want to get it so i can take it easy on my 2007 tacoma i have some work to it but parts are not cheap
    i had to replace a u-joint a carrier bearing and i still need to replace inner and outer tie rods i have a 3" lift on it with some 32's and now im getting a noises from the rear sounds like its coming from my diff so i want to fix all that and STOP trail riding it and trail ride the 83 but i dont want to get a P.O.S. if you know what i mean....
    so if anyone knows anything about the 1983 toyota trailblazer let me know PLZ....

Thanks

2. Aug 29, 2010 at 5:09 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    hmm...i've seen trekkers, but never a trailblazer....sweet

3. Aug 29, 2010 at 5:11 PM
    johnw

johnw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner v-6 4.0L 4 door
    well you asked for specs..... 06 trd sport speedway blue 5.3l v8 4.0 camburg lift spindles extended travel icons total chaos lowers allpro 4" leaf pack 17" xd hoss rims 37/12.5/17 mickey thompson baja atz Allpro hybrid bumper grill craft grill wicked flow muffler inside i have..... wet okole real tree camo seat cover blue oznium dome light stealth sub box with 2 10" kicker comp subs kicker 400 watt amp weathertech floor mats
    isnt trailblazer a chevy?

4. Aug 29, 2010 at 5:12 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
  5. Aug 29, 2010 at 5:20 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    My dad had an 81 Trekker back in the day. Those were very similar, they were fiberglass from the back of the pickup cab all the way to the rear bumper. Is the Trailblazer fiberglass or steel? Other than the bodywork, the Trekker was just a 4x4 pickup. I'm pretty sure you can use all the same aftermarket parts on it that you would for a pickup of the same year. The only issue I can remember with the Trekker was getting new bumper brackets for the rear bumper after it got hit. They were different than a pickup and I believe dad had to get them custom made. I think they are super cool trucks, very slow I am sure, but it's a trail rig!

Products Discussed in

To Top