1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alabama?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Lane Cypert, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Jul 14, 2008 at 8:06 PM
    Lane Cypert

Lane Cypert [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lewisville, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 silver prerunner double cab TRD
    I was offered a promotion with my company where I would have to move to Alabama. I was wondering the best places to live in Alabama. I have heard good things about Alabama and I am interested in taking the job in Alabama. I can move just about anywhere in the state and wanted to know what are the nicest and coolest places to live in Alabama for a person in their late 20's. I was also wondering what are the pros and cons about Alabama. I am from Texas which I love and wanted some good reasons why I should leave. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jul 14, 2008 at 8:09 PM
    missileman125fw

missileman125fw Well-Known Member

Member:
    I've only traveled through Alabama. But the really cool thang is there's a place we call Lower Alabama. It's the Florida Panhandle and it's just a short drive!

3. Jul 14, 2008 at 9:46 PM
    wareaglesc88

wareaglesc88 Caro-bama alliance

Member:
    Charleston, SC/Auburn, AL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner V6 SR5 TowPkg
    My badass in the driver's seat
    I go to school in Auburn but I can't say about the rest of the state. Auburn-Opelika is my little bubble.

4. Jul 15, 2008 at 8:16 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Pros: its in the south and the south rocks

Cons: unsolicited sodomy (its true, just watch "Deliverance")

5. Jul 15, 2008 at 7:48 PM
    gdc1072

gdc1072 Active Member

Member:
    Clear Lake, Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4dr PreRunner TRD Off Road
    Putco chrome kit (mirror covers, door handles, and tailgate handle), Bug shield, Vent visors, K & N Drop in air filter, Removed secondary air filter, De-badged tailgate
    Pros: Awesomely long deer season, decent fishing, and it is in the south

Con: It isn't Louisiana :D

6. Jul 15, 2008 at 8:12 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Had to do it.
    forrestgump-1_9a22223fa6547e36ffbe4a0ee0a83b2b19022dae.jpg

7. Jul 15, 2008 at 9:43 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    I don't know anything about Alabama except that it is 1st (alphabetically) in the list of all 50 states in the U.S.

8. Jul 15, 2008 at 11:07 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    A friend at work calls that area of the panhandle the "Redneck Riviera." :)

9. Jul 16, 2008 at 6:29 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    I was stationed at Fort McClellan in Anniston for a short while. The upside was it was a short while. :D

However it was close to Talladega if you like stock car racing or Will Ferrell movies. :p

10. Jul 16, 2008 at 6:33 AM
    klown

klown Tacoma World Ring Leader

Member:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD sport 4x4 double cab 6-speed
    Black, leather and heated seats, borla sport exhaust, side curtain airbags, daytime running lights, all weather mats, JBL premium 6 disk changer system, stainless step tubes, window tint, tow package
    I lived in Huntsville for a few years. Huntsville is not like the rest of stereotypical Alabama. Alot of transplants live there and is more mainstream then the rest of AL. We like it there.

11. Jul 16, 2008 at 8:54 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I like the Mobile/Pensacola area- I've spent most of my time in the south end of the state.

Where is your job taking you?? (It's not a small state)

12. Jul 16, 2008 at 8:57 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    I've lived in the Birmingham Area my whole life. There are some good places to live in and around Birmingham: Hoover (the HS from Two-a-Days on MTV), Vestavia Hills (my home town), Homewood, Mountain Brook (if you're LOADED), etc. They all have good school systems (if you're planning to be here when you have kids).

I've been all over the state, but haven't lived anywhere but Vestavia Hills. Like Klown said, there are a lot of transplants in the Huntsville area. The aerospace industry is big up there. There are good school systems up there, too (Grissom, another I can't remember at the moment). I know some people who lived in/around Montgomery (state capitol) and would never move back.

It's Alabama... I'd stick to the metropolitan areas if I could. Birmingham area is by far the biggest.

I can give you some more information if you'd like. Send me a PM if you have any more questions.

Products Discussed in

To Top