Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Off-Topic Discussion (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Plastidip or LET? (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/169487-plastidip-let.html)

CopyTaco 07-30-2011 12:02 PM

DERP or LET?
 
For anyone who has used both derp and liquid electrical tape would you say that they could be used interchangeably on large projects? I am looking to coat a motherboard with plasti-dip if will at a minimum keep moisture out and withstand ambient temps of ~-30 Celsius and all because I would much prefer not to drop more $$ on LET if its pretty much the same stuff.

You thoughts are appreciated. :bored:

cmack 07-30-2011 12:03 PM

I wouldn't Plasti-Derp........stuff isn't that great to be honest.

CopyTaco 07-30-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmack (Post 3510545)
I wouldn't Plasti-Derp........stuff isn't that great to be honest.

Not that great for the application I am looking at?

cmack 07-30-2011 12:06 PM

Yeah, I don't think it'll withstand the temps...

Go with quality on this one and do LET.

CopyTaco 07-30-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmack (Post 3510556)
Yeah, I don't think it'll withstand the temps...

Go with quality on this one and do LET.

Yeah that is my only real concern. I guess the price of a can of LET is better than the price of my mobo. Thnx :)

cmack 07-30-2011 12:28 PM

Just my two cents.

VirginiaBound 07-30-2011 12:51 PM

If you use plasti dip you won't even need a mother board, the plasti dip has computers in it. Plus your computer will gain horse power

CopyTaco 07-30-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI (Post 3510673)
If you use plasti dip you won't even need a mother board, the plasti dip has computers in it. Plus your computer will gain horse power

Derp?

I would prefer GHz gained instead.

Sandman614 07-30-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CopyTaco (Post 3510768)
Derp?

I would prefer GHz gained instead.

I would like to see pictures of the final project.. This interests me!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:41 PM.