1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ghosts at the dealer.............

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by hoosiertaco, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Dec 6, 2008 at 5:33 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    So I had my first oil change and service done this week at the dealership.

Took a TSB to get checked out as well. Without going into a huge mass of information, lets just say I may have said something to the writup person that got relayed to the 'master tech' working on my truck.

Long story short, I use my headlights as an indicater on the wall in the garage to tell me how far to pull in. Its always dark when I get home.

The same day of my service on the way home from work in the dark, and when I pulled in the garage, my headlight on the driver side seemed to be a little outa wack. (actually ALOT)

Well, I adjusted it about 10 rounds on the adjustment screw and now it is lined back up.

Had the truck for about 4 months, park in my garage every night with no issues at all, and all of a sudden I have a headlight that is many turns out of adjustment........huh....

Is it me, or do these strange things happen at Toyota dealerships often?

I'm finally getting this posted because it has taken me a while to cool down.:)

2. Dec 6, 2008 at 5:35 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    I once thought I saw a Skunk Ape at one of my local Chevy dealers.

3. Dec 6, 2008 at 5:45 PM
    Ghost96Romeo

Ghost96Romeo What is the Search Tab for????

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Off-Road D-Cab
    3" Pro-Comp Suspension Lift AAL Rear w/TSB, All-Pro Plate Bumper, Lightforce 240 Blitz lights, Lund Genesis Roll-top Bed cover, K&N Filters, Spidertrax Wheel spacers, Built-by-Me Rock Sliders, Jeep Tow-Hook, Black Leather seats, 48"Hi-Lift Jack mounted in the bed, Blacked out TRD Rims, BHLM, FLM..... and Awesomeness
    <<<<<<<<< Hmm.....did you say GHOST????

4. Dec 6, 2008 at 5:54 PM
    hoosiertaco

Member:
    And where were you and what were you doing on Dec. 3..............:eek::eek::eek::eek:

5. Dec 6, 2008 at 5:57 PM
    Ghost96Romeo

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Off-Road D-Cab
    3" Pro-Comp Suspension Lift AAL Rear w/TSB, All-Pro Plate Bumper, Lightforce 240 Blitz lights, Lund Genesis Roll-top Bed cover, K&N Filters, Spidertrax Wheel spacers, Built-by-Me Rock Sliders, Jeep Tow-Hook, Black Leather seats, 48"Hi-Lift Jack mounted in the bed, Blacked out TRD Rims, BHLM, FLM..... and Awesomeness
    I was here....I SWEAR!!!!

In all honesty though, yes the evil gremlins like to mess with our trucks when they're at the dealer. My dealer had to remove my brushguard to work on my timing belt cover. When they so-called re-installed it, they couldn't even align the existing holes back up so while i began driving home, the brushguard was laid back onto my hood and rubbing my fenders.

Needless to say, when i took it back, they ended up replacing the grill and repainting the paint rubbed fender.:mad:

6. Dec 6, 2008 at 6:07 PM
    hoosiertaco

Member:
    I believe you that you were here, I can hear the addiction in your voice!!!:D

Nice truck btw, I really like your brush guard. I want to get one just like yours eventually. I think it looks good with the factory stance and wheels as well. Helps me picture what mine would look like. Glad the dealer made it right with ya.....

7. Dec 6, 2008 at 6:40 PM
    Ghost96Romeo

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Off-Road D-Cab
    If you want a picture with the factory stance here it is....This is before the 3" lift was added
    DSC00698.jpg

8. Dec 6, 2008 at 6:49 PM
    hoosiertaco

Member:
    yep, I already had checked it out in your gallery.........thanks.:)

9. Dec 6, 2008 at 6:50 PM
    Ghost96Romeo

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Off-Road D-Cab
    Oh yeah.....forgot that was there.:eek:

10. Dec 7, 2008 at 11:05 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Did you have it done up my way, if so I know the location.
    Had a few odd ball things happen, cover unlocked, XM radio station changed, and a pack I carry messed with. Most times I don't notice until I get home, but nothing ever taken.
    May do the mouse trap idea for the pack, but knowing how things go sometimes I may stick my own finger into it and get SMACKED :eek:

11. Dec 7, 2008 at 1:18 PM
    hoosiertaco

Member:
    not up your way bow....wanted to use the dealer closer to town where I work......save me some time and gas money.....but didn't start out to well!:eek:

12. Dec 7, 2008 at 1:51 PM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    I guess alot of them must be alike, I am glad you got the light thing figured out, after the lift, it took me forever to set things right. Finally dad said to put it on the street and let's have a look see in his car.
    Ended up pretty much keeping it as it was.

13. Dec 7, 2008 at 4:16 PM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB, STOCK..But not for long
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    i just took mine in on friday and it came back CLEAN!!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top