1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anybody else on here a DJ/Producer?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by The Traveler, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Jul 28, 2012 at 1:25 AM
    The Traveler

The Traveler [OP] Desert Chief

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1991 Toyota Pickup 4x4 Prerunner
    And I don't mean you know how to crossfade 2 songs...anybody actually a professional DJ/Producer? Like you get paid for it in cash, not cans of Coor's Light...

#1 reason why I got my Tacoma (okay, #2 reason...I really wanted it for wheelin') :D But now I can haul my speakers/equipment anywhere with ease...I did it for 4 years with a VW Rabbit. Yeah...I know. :(

I've been spinning for about 4.5 years now, and just getting into producing tracks, mainly house/electro/progressive stuff with Ableton Live 8. Spin under the name "Joyride" of The Beat Republic. Local venues opening for big names (Tommy Lee and DJ Aero, Tritonal, Designer Drugs, Felguk, Wolfgang Gartner, Alex Dreamz, Benassi, Diplo, Bingo Players...to name a few). Also do mobile gigs like weddings, engagement parties, and fundraisers.

Post up what you spin and what you use! Venues, setups, techniques, Soundcloud links, etc! Would love to see some fellow TW member's work.

[​IMG]

2. Jul 28, 2012 at 10:58 AM
    The Traveler

The Traveler [OP] Desert Chief

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1991 Toyota Pickup 4x4 Prerunner
    Lol...I must be the only one.

Products Discussed in