1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

so, my dog is afraid of......

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Detective_Dan, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Aug 19, 2012 at 8:50 PM
    Detective_Dan

Detective_Dan [OP] "Place original and witty user title here"

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Beast / 2016 Yamaha FZ-07
    Pelfreybilt Front Plate Bumper, Brute Force Fab High Clearance Rear Bumper, Pelfreybilt Sliders, OME 886/Dakars, SCS F5's, 33" Ko2's, Cobra 75WXST/3' Firestik, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, custom shiftknob (made by me),
    i havnt played modern warfare 3 in a few months and today i decided to play a little. well a few months back i adopted an 8 month old black lab pit mix and now she is full grown at 85lbs. well today i found out that she is scared shitless of call of duty lol. the second i get in a game and start playing, she walks away while looking at me with her tail between her legs and goes and hides upstairs. i have no idea where this fear came from but its really weird.

is your pet afraid of any weird things? share

2. Aug 19, 2012 at 8:53 PM
    kirkofwimbo

kirkofwimbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clayton
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 Tundra SR 4x4
    Sad, but her previous owner probably didn't treat her very well, maybe a gamer who took his rage out on a poor dog.

3. Aug 19, 2012 at 8:54 PM
    2004tacoprerunner

2004tacoprerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    byron, mn
    Vehicle:
    2004tacoprerunner
    Popping noises and not just July 4th stuff either.

4. Aug 19, 2012 at 9:01 PM
    Detective_Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    Pelfreybilt Front Plate Bumper, Brute Force Fab High Clearance Rear Bumper, Pelfreybilt Sliders, OME 886/Dakars, SCS F5's, 33" Ko2's, Cobra 75WXST/3' Firestik, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, custom shiftknob (made by me),
    this is what im thinking. i have no idea why anybody would want to get rid of her. she is the picture perfect dog. she listens well, shes housebroken, doesnt chew, and is very nice to everyone, no biting or jumping. the only thing is that she is not good with other dogs. she wants to play rough with dogs, even small ones so we have to keep her on a leash around other dogs until she gets used to them. i just dont think she knows any better about the size of the dog

5. Aug 19, 2012 at 9:21 PM
    BB72

BB72 Born yesterday

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Canada eh. (Squamish)
    Vehicle:
    09 Sport, Mag Grey
    Just keep working with her, she'll be fine. Lots of play and socializing, and she'll be a great dog I'm sure!

6. Aug 19, 2012 at 9:26 PM
    TACO626

TACO626 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Montclair, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 2.7
    Same here. He barks at all popping sounds but is extremely terrified on the 4th of July including a few weeks prior and after. This year we finally popped some "calming" pills in his food, they helped ALOT!

7. Aug 19, 2012 at 9:44 PM
    farbio615

farbio615 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Ft. Polk
    Vehicle:
    Big and Blue
    A few
    my lab leaves asa the Battlefield 3 background noise comes on. I tend to yell sometimes when I get frustrated so he just leaves and goes to the other room. Once i shut the game off he returns right to the bed. I love it so much. Makes me look like a retard because I yell at a game but adds another cute smart quality he has.

8. Aug 19, 2012 at 10:17 PM
    2004tacoprerunner

2004tacoprerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    byron, mn
    Vehicle:
    2004tacoprerunner
    Small dog Xanax is what my vet prescribes. The pup is scared when I clean my guns and rack the slides. He's a great dog just skittish from sudden noises.

9. Aug 19, 2012 at 11:05 PM
    wrxRome

wrxRome Houston's Swamp Rat

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Covington, LA/Friendswood,TX
    Vehicle:
    06 SWB 4x4 trd off road
    my dog HATES when you open the windows in the house and he feels the wind, but would be perfectly fine if he goes outside in the same wind

10. Aug 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM
    IndigoTac07

IndigoTac07 Tortoise*

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    '07 Tacoma
    The gate thing I use to keep her in the kitchen when shes been out in the rain, random noises, the vaccum, anything she hasnt seen before, fireworks, thunderstorms, laptops, cameras, tripods, and alot more I cant think of off the top of my head. Shes an awesome dog though :)

11. Aug 20, 2012 at 10:09 AM
    takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    my buddy has an old mean coon dog that is scared shitless of chickens.

it had a bad habit when it was younger of gettin into the chicken coop and killing them so he put the shock collar on the dog and as soon as that dog touched the next chicken he got a shock like it came from a lightning bolt. the dog associated that with the chicken and now it runs away tail between legs if a chicken even looks at it. kind of funny considering this dog is easily 100lbs and has fought some tough mean coons in its day

12. Aug 20, 2012 at 10:11 AM
    TheGrinch

TheGrinch Cheese Head.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    RP, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD DCSB OffRoad on 33's
    6" procomp lift
    my dog is affraid of the ice maker in freezer. when he walks by it he looks at it all funny, waits a little, then runs past it. sometimes he wont even cross the damn thing, just stares at it. the noise the ice makes when it drops scares him shitless, im guessing cuz he cant see where the noise is coming from. probably the most funny thing ive seen.

13. Aug 20, 2012 at 10:39 AM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    I thought it was funny with my dog. She hates loud noises, so if I am watching TV and get too loud, she will actually climb into my lap and put her paw over my mouth. It's funny as hell actually.

14. Aug 20, 2012 at 10:46 AM
    blacksheff405

blacksheff405 no one ever pays me in gum

Member:
    First Name:
    caleb
    north carolina, concord
    Vehicle:
    02 dbl v6 12' lift on 38's
    lift kit (12'), super swampers 38's, brush gard, kc's , sub, amps, high end audio equipment
    my brothers full grown black lab hides when ever he starts strumming on his guitar.. funniest thing i've ever seen. it won't even be like a harsh note.

15. Aug 20, 2012 at 9:05 PM
    Detective_Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    My dog has a similar affiliation with the dishwasher. If she sees her reflection, its all over with. That dam dishwasher is GONNA get attacked lmao

16. Aug 20, 2012 at 9:11 PM
    precoma

precoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Lake Arrowhead, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 trd sport
    Total Chaos 3.5 Long travel, Defined SUA
    I have a spiral stair case to get to the second floor in my house and my black lab won't come down or up them if his life depended on it he will bark at the top or bottom so I can let him out into the back yard where there is a flight of stairs to the second level, my friends golden retriever was the same way, I have yet to find a dog that will man up the spiral stair case lol

17. Aug 20, 2012 at 9:16 PM
    Toyota Tacoma

Toyota Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    Kelowna, bc
    Vehicle:
    dbl cab long box
    Suspension: -Bilistien 5100's all around -Add a leaf -Firestone ride rite air bags Performance: -K&N cold air -Borla cat back Stereo: -Pioneer AVH-X2500BT head unit -Kenwood 1400 shallow mount 12'' sub in custom box -Alpine 1100 amp -Alpine 400 4 channel -4 energy component 6.5's Wheels/tires: -17x9 with 4.5 backspacing XD hoss rims with 33'' bfTreadwright gaurd dogs and spidertrax spacers Looks: -Satoshi grille made by myself -Hood, front bumper, grille, roof, tailgate and rear bumper plasti-dipped. -BHLM -eyelids -matted out tailights -Tacoma bed mat Small mods : -Trailer 7 pin replaced and moved into bumper beside licence plate -Removed mud flaps -Repainted frame/lower a-arms, skid and rear diff/housing with por15 -Led bulbs -Interior lights replaced with blue led's -Beep on lock added
    Penguins, I got a large plastic penguin as a joke and my dog wont even come close to it, now shes afraid of anything that looks like a penguin.

18. Aug 20, 2012 at 9:16 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    My dog is afraid of a animated bumble bee in a tv commercial.

19. Aug 30, 2012 at 12:35 AM
    Dcpsychobilly

Dcpsychobilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Aurora Colorado
    Vehicle:
    04 dbl cab Taco
    Bumpers, skids, lights and more lights, trail gear bumper, sliders, front kings, dakar lift leaf springs rear, corbeau seats
    My dog hates any rc truck I have , barks at it like its a danger even when it goes away from him he follows it just to bark at it, 1+ yr old mixed border collie and the little guy is 80 lbs too:p

20. Aug 30, 2012 at 6:52 AM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    My black lab Stormy is afraid of the Roomba robot vacuum cleaner, wont even go into a room if she hears that thing in there. In some cases, if it happens to pop into a room we are in, she hides behind me and presses up against my back legs. As if to say, "Dad, don't let that monster get me!!!" Lol, she is such a character.

Products Discussed in

To Top