1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My buddies wedding.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Swwacoma, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Jan 11, 2009 at 9:16 PM
    Swwacoma

Swwacoma [OP] Doomsday Squad

Member:
    Estero, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5.
    I have to rant here about this.

My friend is getting married in July to a girl that none of us can stand. She's trailor trash and bottom scum (I have all the stories and proof but thats for a different day), so I'm already not thrilled about this wedding.

I'm slated to be the best man and my other friend is another groomsman. Well, her daddy is loaded, the man has money coming out of places that a good Christian can't say. Well this old bastard thats paying for the whole wedding isn't paying for the best man or grooms men to find their way to the wedding (something I was under the belief was tradition when you're loaded)...Here comes the problem.

As yall can see, I live in Florida...the wedding is in New York City...over July 4th weekend. I did some number crunching and for me and my girlfriend to get up there for 4 days and back (plane, hotel, transportation, food, etc) will cost me over $2000...plus as the Best Man I'm expected to pick up the tab on the bachelor party...which he "expects" to be a fishing charter which will cost an additional $600 or so.

The only damn redeeming factor was I've never been to NYC and thought it would be cool seeing July 4th in the City...Well, the wedding is on July 5th and the rehearsal dinner is the night before..yup, July 4th...Fuck this Wedding...I'm proposing to my g/f as my best man speech just to steal their spot light....but shit thats another couple K for an engagement ring.

Suggestions?

2. Jan 11, 2009 at 9:20 PM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...
    open a beer.

3. Jan 11, 2009 at 9:25 PM
    SouthWhittierMetalWorks

SouthWhittierMetalWorks Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Whittier, CA
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Sirius Satellite Deckplate Mod
    Well at least there'll be an open bar?

4. Jan 11, 2009 at 9:28 PM
    Stu

Stu Well-Known Member

Member:
    G'Ville, NV
    Vehicle:
    Taco TRD OR
    Not much yet, got a pretty good sound system w/ my custom sub box. Plan on adding more lights & a tool box.
    U gotta relax man. For your friends' sake, you cannot mess this up. Imagine yourself in his shoes. If you do piss on their cheerios, you will not only not be a friend, but an enemy. You had better talk with the groom about the proposal, crap, maybe you two can come up with something better. They can take away allota things, but one of the few things they can't take away are your friends! Talk it out with the groomsman & maybe you 2 can split the bach-party. Or talk with the groom about it. AINT NEAR ENOUGH COMMUNICATION IN THIS WORLD!!

5. Jan 11, 2009 at 9:32 PM
    Swwacoma

Swwacoma [OP] Doomsday Squad

Member:
    Estero, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5.
    Ha, I was just kidding about the proposal thing, and yes there will be an open bar..I WILL EXACT MY $2000 ON THIS OPEN BAR!

6. Jan 11, 2009 at 9:59 PM
    SouthWhittierMetalWorks

SouthWhittierMetalWorks Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Whittier, CA
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Sirius Satellite Deckplate Mod
    Now that's what i'm talking about!

7. Jan 11, 2009 at 10:59 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    I would just be honest with him and tell him you can't afford it. Not everyone has that kind of money to spend.

8. Jan 11, 2009 at 11:47 PM
    nurseboy

nurseboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jan
    Riverside, Ca
    i agree. if you guys are that close of friends for you to be his bestman, you should be able to tell him that having to be the bestman is going to cost you a pretty penny. Ask if he can maybe ask the rich farther in law to pitch in. There is nothing wrong with brotherly communication. maybe getting him drunk to agree with you will work also

9. Jan 11, 2009 at 11:52 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    OPEN BAR DUDE!

GIMME 6 SHLITZS...NO SHLITZS? AH HELL WHATEVERS FREE!
    [​IMG]

10. Jan 12, 2009 at 6:02 AM
    Marc M

Marc M Dirty White Boy

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Washington, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD O/R Dbl-Cab
    TRD Cat-Back, TRD CAI, 3" Lift, ATX Chambers, Color matched Grille and Door Handles, Scooped Hood, GrillCraft upper and lower, DTRL, Foglight Mod, Redline Hood Struts, 20% Tint all around, SGII, Blacked out dash, Extang Full-Tilt, etc, etc, etc.
    Wow, some Christian :eek:

Marc M

11. Jan 12, 2009 at 6:04 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    how is she trailer trash if daddy's loaded?? :D

12. Jan 12, 2009 at 6:36 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    "drop back and punt"

Need to ponder on this one.

13. Jan 12, 2009 at 6:51 AM
    jeremy_283

jeremy_283 Super Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad Access Cab 4x4 Auto 4.0L
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    that confuses me too???? how?

14. Jan 12, 2009 at 7:34 AM
    spaghettiedy

spaghettiedy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB Sport in Black 4x4
    Gray Weathertechs, LG Wet Okoles, Tacome OEM Bedmat
    Paris Hilton would be an great example of this this kind of street-greasery.

But seriously dude, you have to calm down about this. I'm sure that you can devise a plan to have the old man pay for it all. Like the one guy posted, just communicate. If you can't work on the groom or rich dad to pay for this, suck it up and work on the bride. If she's the kinda person you describe, NOTHING will ruin her big day. So If that means daddy paying for her new hubby's bestman to make the travel, so be. Daddy worebucks will be shelling out the cash in no time for "Daddy's little Girl".

It sounds bad, but devise a plan. You'll have your vacation on the old man's tab.

15. Jan 12, 2009 at 7:35 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    :rofl: street-greasery....

16. Jan 12, 2009 at 7:43 AM
    brendazzle

brendazzle Active Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Timberland Tacoma 4x4 OR Access Cab
    3" readylift sst
    my advice, chill about the money, its a big chunk of cash and sucks but its the way it is. weddings are expensive and assuming its his first you have to pretend it will be the only one that matters.
    Just make sure to say what you feel in your speech. :D

17. Jan 12, 2009 at 7:50 AM
    Bearskill

Bearskill Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab PreRunner Sport
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    Ok, lets be real here. Ya friendship is priceless. Great. What kind of friend asks "do you have $2600.00 I can blow?" And if He is marrying a chick you can't stand, are you realy going to be hanging out with him all that much any more? "Piss on his cheerios?" I think he is pissing on your cheerios expecting you to come up with$ 2600 bucks to come to his party. Ok, I can see the $600.00 for his bachlor party. But not $2600.00. I would tell him you cuaght the HIV or something.

18. Jan 12, 2009 at 7:56 AM
    Bearskill

Bearskill Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab PreRunner Sport
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    Why is she trashy if her dads loaded? She is trashy "because" her dad is loaded.
    Haven't you guys notice that it sometimes goes in a cycle? If the parents are loaded, the next two or three generations after realy sucks at life because with there parents loaded they never had to learn reality and life skills all that much. Everything was provided for them. Then after a generation or so with parents sucking at life, Their kids grow up and see how mom and dad live and say F that! And they make something of them selves and move far away from home. And then the cycle begins again. Im not saying this happens all the time, but it does happen a lot.

19. Jan 12, 2009 at 8:07 AM
    JimmyCrackCorn

JimmyCrackCorn Atlanta Falcons

Member:
    Cumming, GA (N. Atlanta Area)
    Vehicle:
    2008 Black PreRunner TRD Sport
    Aero Kit, 3" Lift, 18% All Around Tint, 50% Windshield Tint, MO 957's (Polished), 285/65/18 Terra Grappler's
    Almost guaranteed that she slobs and awesome knob...

With all due respect, they probably don't give a f*ck what you think...

The groom needs to communicate with either his fiance, (ya know the trailer trash chick!) or her father that your his best man but can't really afford the trip. Daddy should understand and either take care of your costs or at the very least split it with you...

Yeah, take everybody to the local pier...what's that $5 a head or something? :rolleyes:

NYC is freakin awesome dude, you'll love it...

Very nice, I'm sure everybody will get a huge kick out of it..

20. Jan 12, 2009 at 10:53 AM
    spaghettiedy

spaghettiedy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB Sport in Black 4x4
    Gray Weathertechs, LG Wet Okoles, Tacome OEM Bedmat
    I agree, well so far. I'm getting married next Oct., and called something that I had to pay for "Wedding Shit". Let's just say that it wasn't a good night. Fudging wedding shit.

It should be one of the best days of your life, but all I can think of is "How much for 1 day?"

Products Discussed in

To Top