1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Doing Business Over Text Message, Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ChiveOn, May 8, 2013.

1. May 8, 2013 at 6:42 AM
    ChiveOn

ChiveOn [OP] City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet

Member:
    A BC Boy in Calgary
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD Sport 6spd
    Plasti-Dipped Emblems, Tonnopro Tri-fold toneau cover (for winter use only), AVS in-channel visors, Ultra Gauge, Tepui Kukenam RTT, Muteki Trail Hog 285/70/17, Pop N' Lock, Bilstein 5100's in the front set at .85 with Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100's in the rear with a Toytec AAL. Toytec drivers side spacers, Toytec diff drop kit. All Pro u-bolt flip kit, TJM Compressor (permanently mounted), Custom rack for the RTT over the bed, Tepui Kukenam RTT, Toyota Bed Mat, Cobra 75 WX ST CB Radio, and a lot of gear behind the seats.
    Right, just as the title states, is it acceptable or unacceptable to do business over text message?

I bought my truck 3 months ago and my sales lady would never call me or answer her phone instead I would get a bunch of text messages to negotiate little things.

I don't mind barging with buddies on the prices of his rims over text but once it is a professional or corporate business agenda I think no texting.

What are your opinions?

P.s.
    Can a mod put a poll in for me please...Ok, Not Ok, and I don't care

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  2. May 8, 2013 at 6:51 AM
    ziggynagy

ziggynagy All Glory To The Hypnotoad

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Sport AC 4x4 V6 Auto Tow
    Westin step bars, led dome & map lights, tailgate hoseclamp, BluLogic, MetalMiller emblem, 35 tinted front windows, extra OEM d-rings, WeatherTech front/rear
    I personally prefer negotiating via email or something in writing like a text. A text is by no means a binding agreement and my personal preference is always email, but i'd be down. When i locked in the rate on my home refinance it was initially done via text til the forms were printed/signed.

3. May 8, 2013 at 7:13 AM
    MY50cal

MY50cal ---- Tread Lightly ---- Leave No Trace

Member:
    First Name:
    Mojo
    Camden County, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 PM RC / 05 SWB AC (RIP)
    Yep.
    A few + years ago, absolutely not. However now it is quite acceptable as an informal means but I would not take anything in txt as a legally binding agreement. Get it in writing vial email or paper after an agreement has been reached.

I am in the process of selling my house and much of the "informal talk" with my realtor and attorney is done via txt. Once answers are concluded, emails are then sent back and forth.

I tend to think of it like rough drafts :p

In you do not want to converse like that, simply ask the person to do it another way. If they refuse, find another person to do business with.

Products Discussed in

To Top