1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Painting your truck

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Delrivpilot, May 13, 2013.

1. May 13, 2013 at 5:12 PM
    Delrivpilot

Delrivpilot [OP] Red Sox Nation

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab
    Westin Runnin Bars, Toytec 2" spacers, TSB suspension, Cooper Discoverer ST's 265/75/16. Pionner Avic F700Bt, Wet Okole seats,spidertrax spacers
    I searched but didn't come up with anything. Has anyone had their rig painted a totally different color? I have an 06 in Impulse, but was thinking of changing the color. Just wondering if anyone out there had it done and any feedback. Thanks!

2. May 13, 2013 at 5:41 PM
    anotherreject

anotherreject Well-Known Member

Member:
    I havnt had my taco painted but once i took my firebird in for the $500 earl Schwab (spelling?) special and it turned out better then expected. If you take it to one of the cheap places like i did do the prep work yourself.

3. May 24, 2013 at 8:03 AM
    Greytacoma1

Greytacoma1 Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    dave
    Sacramento ca
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma dc lb
    Satoshi grill, Plasti derp, Ready lift kit, Wheelers 2 inch aal, Hella 700, Wheather tech floor mats, Blueinstinct armrest cover, sockmonkey bed decal, BHLM, debadge, 35% tint front windows, OEM roof rack, OEM step bar, TRD skid plate, tacomaworld.com decal, stock antenna trimed, gorilla extended lug nuts,diff breather mod, cab mount chop, AVS window visor, spidertrax 1.25 wheel spacers, toytec sway bar relocate, extra d ring mod
    What ever you do, don't go to macco.

4. May 24, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    ntilehman

ntilehman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Off Road
    Rock Sliders Front Light Bar +1.5" Front Arms with Ext. Kings
    Well I can't stress enough that a paint job is definitely one of those things you get what you pay for. If you do a full color change you are talking about doing all the jams and inside the engine compartment. No shop will touch a proper job for $500. That is a tape off the windows and spray job. Where as a proper shop will remove all the moldings, trim, doors, mirrors, grill, and any other stuff left of the truck so it is just the areas being painted left. If you want a quality job done you are looking well over $3500.
    Your paint is not old enough to warrant a new one anyway. The best paint is the factory paint. If I was you I would wait until it is royally screwed up first. Certain colors cost more than others too.

Products Discussed in

To Top