1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is Mercedes-Benz slacking on their quality.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Lentsnh, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Mar 9, 2009 at 6:42 PM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    I think so. I am not very happy with Mercedes (I have never liked them anyways). But my mom has a 03-04 Mercedes-Benz C240 and all its been is trouble. We got it last summer.

Heres a list of problems.

• Ext. door handle broken
    • Int. door handle broken
    • Refused to crank a few times
    • very small on trips (not a mechanical problem, but a problem for me and my dad)
    • rear pass. door lock broke
    • tranny (auto-manual) is terrible
    • will not shift up when going up a hill. I have to basically put the gas through the floor to make it shift down.
    • pass. door sill broken
    • Its VERY sluggish
    thats all I can think of for now. My mom takes good care of her cars though. I wash it every other weekend.

The only thing i will give credit for Mercedes, is the steering. My dads BMW X3 was spectacular all around.

Sorry had to get that out.

2. Mar 9, 2009 at 6:50 PM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line
    My girlfriend has a mercedes SUV and that thing was a POS.
    The cruise control got stuck at 75mph as we were trying to exit and she had to turn the car off. We had that car in the shop at least once a month until a drunk driver totaled the car. All the little stuff was breaking. Like buttons were falling off and little misc. Stuff like that.

Now we have an 08' caddy CTS, black on black interior, and that is one sick little car! No problems yet!

And my mother has the BMW X5 and that is an all around great car as well!

3. Mar 9, 2009 at 6:53 PM
    Taco969

Taco969 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I also have a CTS love the car!:D

4. Mar 9, 2009 at 7:03 PM
    Lentsnh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Those new Caddy's are so beasty looking. Love em too!

5. Mar 9, 2009 at 7:05 PM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    Its Mercedes, but still.....Daimler-Chrysler

6. Mar 9, 2009 at 7:08 PM
    Lentsnh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    exactly. You guys have no idea how much i dislike Mercedes

Did you know that the BMW X3 is made in its own factory by another manufacturer under BMWs permission and supervision

7. Mar 9, 2009 at 7:09 PM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    I want a Cadillac DTS

8. Mar 9, 2009 at 7:12 PM
    Lentsnh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Oh yeah the biggy and hopefully with that Northstar V8 right?

9. Mar 9, 2009 at 7:17 PM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line
    the only complaint I have about the 08' CTS is that the key fob is way too BIG!
    And I'm also replacing the BOSE "sub" with a 12" rocksford fosgate sub with a 1000 watt hifonics amp powering it! I can't wait to install it! :):):)

10. Mar 9, 2009 at 7:19 PM
    Lentsnh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]

There you go. To calm your nerves :laugh:

11. Mar 9, 2009 at 7:42 PM
    Monkeysuncle

Monkeysuncle My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5 4x4 5 speed Manual Hubs
    Diff Breather,CB thingy,GPS,Cop Shocks,Cop Brakes, old Man Emu 881's Dakar Leaf Springs and Nitro sport shocks. Deck Plate mod
    The new Mercedes are trouble. If you like to drive your vehicle then don't buy one of these. If you like to have a loaner car then by all means, buy one.

12. Mar 9, 2009 at 8:01 PM
    tacoholic

tacoholic Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    They were shit, they'll always be shit, they can't be anything better than...well...shit. Unless you're getting like an S550 or S65 AMG or black series...those will still fall apart but they won't be as much of shit as ALL the other ones.

But yea I really hate how you pay 60K for an E-series and it still has the UGLIEST center stack ever, I mean it's all cheap ass plastic! I could get a GM with nicer interior quality!

On another note, it's absolutely great to hear you guys are having no issues with the CTS, my dad has always wanted a Catera but they sucked then a first gen CTS but they were lacking and now the 2nd gen CTS's are out and I think they're pretty sick but he may have moved on from them and wants something more...like an S80 or TL SH-AWD model or stuff in that category of mid-size luxury sedans.

13. Mar 9, 2009 at 8:08 PM
    Lentsnh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ^ I was so close to getting a Volvo S-40R. Black on Black

agreed the only Mercedes that are worth mentioning are the S class and AMG models.

14. Mar 9, 2009 at 8:11 PM
    tacoholic

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    Those are nice! And even without the turbo those things are pretty damn quick! You'd be hella baller in that thing...get all the girlies. lolol

Don't forget the Black series...those are the baddest mofo's in the country!

15. Mar 9, 2009 at 8:13 PM
    Lentsnh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    You mean......... THIS!!
    [​IMG]

Yeah man those Volvos can get you some where fast...... the only down side is that their made by Ford still. Or unless I have mistaken

16. Mar 9, 2009 at 8:17 PM
    tacoholic

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    Hell yea! That shit is the shit!

Well Ford jacks their shit...like the MKS and Taurus are made from the S80 and the Edge is made from the XC90 and they jack all Volvo's safety equipment...yea, they still have share in Volvo but most Volvos you get are mainly Volvo's design and parts.

What's really funny is back in 98-02 when Ford first bought shares in Volvo they told Volvo to use American parts and those were the absolute WORST Volvos to come out ever! The irony is that the terrible transmissions that fail and blow up on the 98-02 V70's is that they were made by GM! :rofl:

17. Mar 9, 2009 at 8:20 PM
    Lentsnh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    haha that's hilarious.

yeah but the 96-99 were tanks. Body wise

18. Mar 9, 2009 at 8:23 PM
    TightShirts

TightShirts The StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Phoenix... The Land of Lifted Trucks & Dirty Sluts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    Tint, Clear Bra, De-badged, In-Dash DVD, 09 Led Tail Lights, Chris4x4's old OME front shocks, 1.5" Deaver AAL with OME n182s, black billet in white sport grill, BHLM w/4500k HIDs + Fogs, bumper blackout
    my mom bought a new C230 Kompressor in high school and we had a handful of problems with it... enough to get rid of it and get something else. i liked driving it (i was also 17 at the time so i thought it was amazing) but that model is the cavalier of Mercedes, so i don't know how much you can expect from it. after what i know now i'd go for a BMW over a Merc... the CTS is sharp but i'll do anything i can to not support GM products after the BS they pulled with the bailout

19. Mar 9, 2009 at 8:27 PM
    tacoholic

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    Well I can vouch for the 99 V70 GLT's being crap, hell ours took $2K/6months and twice there wasn't even a servicing involved! :eek: Then there was a $4K charge for a second tranny at around 40K miles...a year or two after the initial purchase date. Granted it was used but it was a 3 year lease from that dealer with complete service records. The thing seems to be running fine now, aside form leaky shock/struts, minor interior defects, worn down brakes, and the need for new hoses (current ones are 10+ years old). Other than those things, it's beast now! The engine has never had a single problem and it's the turbocharged 2.4L I5 with one of the absolute best notes ever. You get a growl down low and then it starts to yell back at you and then around 3K RPM you get that waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh form the turbo. It's just great to hear. Definitely worth it to find one and gun it a few times.

Anyways, prior to 98 every Volvo was beast! The cars never cared when you serviced them, 3K mile intervals...15K mile intervals, didn't matter, they always ran and ran good. Oh well, they've gotten back up to that reputation, just don't get one built between 98-05 or 06. You'll learn why within a year. haha

20. Mar 9, 2009 at 8:28 PM
    Lentsnh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Like what you said. You dont get squat for the price your paying for those cars. All your paying for is the badge.

I mean the Merc. doesn't even come with Sat. Radio. Whereas those Japanese are producing cars that have all the bells and whistles imaginable for the SAME PRICE.

We can't rid of the Mercedes because we made a mistake with the former Hummer we had and so my grandad got it for us. But my mom loves the new Volkswagen CC. Its a sharp sedan

Products Discussed in

To Top