1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No Bark Collar Question...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by AFButters, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Feb 14, 2010 at 5:31 PM
    AFButters

AFButters [OP] Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    Does anyone have exspierance with No Bark Collars.

I am curious if the collar will "Go Off" when my Dog sleeps.. bc he snores like crazy.. I will most likely take it off when i put him to bed at night, but when he falls asleep just laying around.. i dont want him to be "tazed" for snoring/sleeping

2. Feb 14, 2010 at 5:33 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    hmm... that might be kinda funny... no really though... I would think there is a setting on it for intensity. :confused:

other than that, i am of no use

3. Feb 14, 2010 at 5:35 PM
    sonjason

sonjason Pink Taco Lover

Member:
    Western NC
    Vehicle:
    85 Turbo Diesel 4x4 Yota
    Don't waste your money... the dog will figure it out soon enough anyway and just bark enough to keep it from buzzing him, then wait, and bark some more. :p

4. Feb 14, 2010 at 5:38 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    I would not keep the collar on at night anyways. If you get a bark collar get one from TriTronics or Dogtra. Those are good brands. If you are home and want to control the bark get an E-Collar, it puts you in control. Good Luck

5. Feb 14, 2010 at 5:39 PM
    CUtigerfan

CUtigerfan Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 Base
    Daystar 1.5" coil spacers, bedlined bumpers, clear corners, aftermarket stereo, 20% tint, half debadged
    I would think that they're not that sensitive but then again I've never heard your dog snore. It should be alright though. Does anybody know what triggers these things to go off? Is it a certain number of decibels or does it pick up vibrations from the dogs throat? I think my neighbor had to take it off her dog because it would shock the dog when it barked and then keep shocking it because it kept whimpering. Anyway theres really only way to find out. Let him sleep with it on and see what happens.

6. Feb 14, 2010 at 5:41 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Whatever brand you get and what not....Do not...I repeat...DO NOT get drunk and then play with the collar....lol

7. Feb 14, 2010 at 5:42 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.

LOL..or if you have messed up friends who put it on you while passed out.

8. Feb 14, 2010 at 5:47 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    ^That is actually pretty funny. I was just kinda drunk so a buddy tossed it to me and then I caught it and he hit the button.

We put it on a few drunked-out folks later that night.

9. Feb 14, 2010 at 5:53 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:

That is so wrong but I would love to see a youtube video of it.

10. Feb 14, 2010 at 5:57 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    great commercial

11. Nov 18, 2011 at 3:20 PM
    Capita

Capita Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab
    I have an E-Collar for my dog and its great.
    It's great having the control

12. Nov 18, 2011 at 3:28 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    I got one of those things and used it once. Problem was I forgot about the leash having metal... zapped the dog so bad i'll never use it on her again.

13. Nov 18, 2011 at 4:07 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    They are great in the right hands..should not abuse them.too many dog owners have untrained dogs...its sad

14. Nov 18, 2011 at 4:12 PM
    nick

nick MURDERED_TACO

Member:
    Green mountain ,nc
    Vehicle:
    - 2003 trd
    i keep a tri-tronics no bark on my pitt, not sure how the other colars are but mine will shock even when he whines.

15. Nov 18, 2011 at 4:19 PM
    nick

nick MURDERED_TACO

Member:
    Green mountain ,nc
    Vehicle:
    - 2003 trd
    true, i tryed this, problem is............ i know not to say anything when i put the colar on my dog dosent. so really hes shockin his self.....:eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top