1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Plumbing Question

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by DdayIsNear, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Mar 12, 2010 at 3:49 PM
    DdayIsNear

DdayIsNear [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders
    I dont want to hire anyone, so i am asking if i can do this myself.

i have awashing machine and a sink in the laundry room, the washing machine drain and sink drain meet in the wall and form a t. and then drain into the large drain as i can hear the water draining under the toilet drain (toilet removed) but the problem is, the water is slow draiing and there is a clog, as the washing machine drains, it backs up into the sink ( from one side of the t to the other side and up the sink drain, filling up the sink. it does not come up the toilet so the clog is in the t somewhere not letting the water drain. how can i fis this

2. Mar 12, 2010 at 3:51 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    1) Draino/ Foaming Pipe Cleaning
    if that doesn't work
    2) Try to find a place to rent a pipe snake or buy one.

3. Mar 12, 2010 at 3:53 PM
    DdayIsNear

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders
    my question is, how would i get it down the t part....or do the pipe snakes work that way?

4. Mar 12, 2010 at 3:55 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Pipe snakes kinda go where ever you poke them. You could run it thru both the sink drain and the washer drain and it should clear everything out....

5. Mar 12, 2010 at 3:58 PM
    DdayIsNear

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders
    it backs up into the sink which is why i think the clog is where it is
    [​IMG]

6. Mar 12, 2010 at 4:00 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Yeah...A pipe snake with get back there. Give some Draino a shot first.

Give it a shot and worst case is- you still gotta call someone to get it.

7. Mar 12, 2010 at 4:03 PM
    DdayIsNear

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders
    i don teven know what to call that type of drain i tried to google , T drain, but nothing....

8. Mar 12, 2010 at 4:09 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    IDK that it has a name- It's just a pipe junction....

Draino that bish and see if that fixes it- If not- Pipe snake it. That'll get it.

9. Mar 12, 2010 at 4:13 PM
    DdayIsNear

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders
    im gonna give it a shot...off to get the draino!

10. Mar 12, 2010 at 4:14 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    I prefer the foaming stuff....Just make sure you read it carefully.

11. Mar 12, 2010 at 4:30 PM
    DdayIsNear

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders
    thanks pd...i dont think i would have been able to get the job done without your great advice...where were you waaaaay in the beginning

12. Mar 12, 2010 at 7:07 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    /me is gunna start advising crack exposure as part of EVERY suggestion post he makes....

13. Mar 14, 2010 at 1:53 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    Do you happen to have a clean out on the ext of the home where the drain inside is located?If so you might try removing the cap on the clean out and run a snake down it or pour some draino down it................I know around here the laundry water is considered grey water and can be drained into the gutter.......maybe you can reroute the pluming drain in the laundry out to the street granted once you clear the original drain to prevent this from happening again..........

14. Mar 14, 2010 at 2:37 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Is it possible that the trap for the laundry is frozen ? Sometimes this can happen as there is always some water in the trap to keep the septic gasses from backing up into the house , I saw you are in New Jersey so thought it could be an issue .

OZ

15. Mar 14, 2010 at 3:56 PM
    TimS

TimS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC tacoma/2005 access cab
    Rebuilt with flatbed 5100's, new spring packs
    If the trap can be removed, take it off and clean it out including the pipe. Also, check your vent to make sure its clear. It allows fumes to escape and water do drain more freely. If clogged, it will slow the draining process up. If your toilet is off, snake it upstream and down stream also. Use a drain cleaner but its not a cure all. Sometimes you have to get a bit messy.

Products Discussed in

To Top