1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any Okies in here?

Discussion in 'Oklahoma' started by Cossi, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Aug 11, 2011 at 7:07 PM
    mlittle

mlittle T O Y O T A

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Fort Sill, OK
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x4
    What are you looking to do to your Tacoma?

2. Aug 12, 2011 at 6:04 AM
    Joehs

Joehs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    AL
    Switching up some suspension things.

Right now I've got billies and stock coils with the TSB leaf back.

Sitting in my room waiting to go on:
    -Sway away front coilovers
    -Sway away extended travel rear shocks
    -All pro leaf pack
    -SS Brake lines
    -All pro flip kit

Just gotta actually do it. I've been busy lately :(

And I need some new tires :mad: So GD expensive, especially if I decide I want new wheels to (which I do, but again, $$$$).

It never ends does it? :(

3. Aug 12, 2011 at 8:30 AM
    08PRELB

08PRELB Don't Tread On Me

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner LB
    Toy Tech Ultimate Lift kit,Buildt Right UCA's 285/70/17 BFG AT, Camburg Spindles, BHLM, K&N, Flow Master 50, Spider Trax, URD MAF CAL, Satoshi Grill, any time fog mod, 20% tint, Katzkins Leather Interior, FX-R Projector Retro
    ^ I would be willing to help you install it if you need an extra set of hands when I get out there. And I have all the tools needed.

4. Aug 12, 2011 at 12:33 PM
    mlittle

mlittle T O Y O T A

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Fort Sill, OK
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x4
    x2

Let me know when you are looking to do the install. We can set up a mod day. I already installed my AAL, Coils, shocks, struts, and rear SS brake line. I just need to install my front SS lines. I also want to get 17" wheels and tires, but I will wait until my 16" Grabbers need to be replaced.

5. Aug 12, 2011 at 1:02 PM
    Joehs

Joehs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    AL
    Sweet!

You guys are awesome.

I'll probably be doing it soonish. If I don't get the time, and have to actually schedule time for an install I"ll definitely let you all know. Hopefully I can get it done before hand so we can do some wheeling.:burnrubber:

Still need tires =( and Spidertrax. I like my wheels, just gotta push em out a bit so I can tuck some 285's in there.

6. Aug 12, 2011 at 3:28 PM
    TRD4x4JIM

TRD4x4JIM Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JIM
    Hartland U S A
    Vehicle:
    2010 toyota tacoma TRD 4X4 OFFROAD
    4.0L V6 DOHC 24V 236hp 5 Speed Auto trans Part Time 4x4 2 Speed Transfer case Auto LSD, 16" TRD wheels, VSC TRAC TPMS, TRD OFF-ROAD EXTRA VALUE PACKAGE.... OFF-ROAD TUNED Suspension, Bilstein Shocks... Locking Differential.. VSC + ATRAC , HAC, DAC, SKID PLATES TOW HOOKS POWER INVERTER,FOG LAMPS , WINDOW TINT, RUNNING BOARDS ROOF RACK DOOR SILL PROTECTORS hot plug for my cell phone... A R E camper shell
    if you don't mine i will come down too just let us know when you need help ... I would be in on this

7. Aug 15, 2011 at 11:08 AM
    Joehs

Joehs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    AL
    Just an update. Went ahead this weekend and got most of it out of the way. I finally had a day off. Got started on it after my golf round, with the help of another TW/TTORA member.

Got the entire rear done, although we had a few hitches it went pretty well. Got the front torn apart to replace my billies with the sway away coilovers and realized I didn't have the mounting hardware for the top plate. Got in contact with camburg today and they told me what I needed. I'll be picking up the hardware with tentative plans to finish the install tuesday night.

I'll post up some pics when we're all done!

Looking forward to meeting some other okies!

8. Aug 15, 2011 at 11:24 AM
    timmo

timmo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    OKC
    Vehicle:
    2010 doble cab 4wd sr5-silver
    that's pretty cool. looking forward to pics. i'm not at all in the know about modding suspension so it'll be interesting to see what your list of parts did for the taco.

9. Aug 16, 2011 at 12:59 PM
    Joehs

Joehs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    AL
    I'll get some pics up when I finish the front. Looks kinda odd with all the red in the rear and none in the front :p

Out of curiosity, is anyone interested in a set of the Rugged Trail black wheels? They're currently on my truck, but I may be looking to get a new set of wheels soon. Since I'd prefer to do the deal locally, I thought I'd ask in here first. Anyone interested?

10. Aug 19, 2011 at 6:03 AM
    Joehs

Joehs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    AL
    Well,

I finally got my fronts in finally! Big thanks to sooner02r1 for the help!

Went out and ran a riverbed for a few miles with him afterwards. Smooth as silk, except for the part where my tires spun a lot.

For anyone who may have been interested, wheels are now spoken for. I'll be getting new wheels and tires shortly, and then the pics will be coming!

11. Aug 19, 2011 at 6:32 AM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
    so what are some decent areas (low crime, more family oriented) to live in in OKC? I'll be headed to Tinker AFB in March and have no idea where we should start looking...I'm planning to take my househunting leave in late Feb and could use some ideas.

12. Aug 19, 2011 at 6:41 AM
    Redhed

Redhed Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner BSP
    Polk Audio components, Rammat sound deadening & Ensolite, blacked out emblems, color matched grill, rhinolined rear bumper, shorty antenna, nerf bars, black Toyota trail edition rims, Sockmonkey vinyl, retrofit overhead temp/compass, JDM Altezza tailights, JDM Black Crystal headlights, Hella Black Magic driving lights, 20" dual row LED light bar.
    Welcome future Oklahoman. I work about a block from Tinker. If you're looking for something close to base, Moore or Norman OK are probable your best bets. I live about a 30min drivve north in Edmond, which is where I'd recommend if you don't mind the drive. But there's also Mustang or Yukon, OK, both at about a 30min commute each way. But of course, an Oklahoma commute is nothing like the traffic you're probably used to. Anyway, Welcome. P.S. We're not all cowboys and country folk down here. haha. :D

13. Aug 19, 2011 at 6:43 AM
    Redhed

Redhed Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner BSP
    Polk Audio components, Rammat sound deadening & Ensolite, blacked out emblems, color matched grill, rhinolined rear bumper, shorty antenna, nerf bars, black Toyota trail edition rims, Sockmonkey vinyl, retrofit overhead temp/compass, JDM Altezza tailights, JDM Black Crystal headlights, Hella Black Magic driving lights, 20" dual row LED light bar.
    Thanks Joey, Looking forward to my new-ish wheels! :cool:

14. Aug 19, 2011 at 6:56 AM
    Joehs

Joehs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    AL
    OKC is incredibly hit and miss as far as neighborhoods go. Unless you're ready to drop some big coin on a house in Nichols Hills, you're best bet is just to go drive around and look.

The better areas are generally the suburbs (edmond, moore, norman).

If you don't mind a commute, all of those places are going to be better than living in the city, IMO. I live in the city and I pay to much to live in a crappy part of town. I'll be moving when my lease is up.

15. Aug 19, 2011 at 6:57 AM
    Joehs

Joehs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    AL
    For sure!

16. Aug 19, 2011 at 2:25 PM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC

definitely won't be like the commute in so cal...fortunately there is only one ship on coronado right now so it hasnt been too bad...once all 3 are home at the same time, i'm screwed lol

as far as the last part...tell that to my wife...everyone in the navy we've met from OK she thinks is weird lol

17. Aug 19, 2011 at 2:54 PM
    08PRELB

08PRELB Don't Tread On Me

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner LB
    Toy Tech Ultimate Lift kit,Buildt Right UCA's 285/70/17 BFG AT, Camburg Spindles, BHLM, K&N, Flow Master 50, Spider Trax, URD MAF CAL, Satoshi Grill, any time fog mod, 20% tint, Katzkins Leather Interior, FX-R Projector Retro
    You should check out the base housing. We are moving into base housing next week I'll let you know how it is if you woul like.

18. Aug 25, 2011 at 6:30 PM
    sprgrey

sprgrey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grey
    Conroe, Tx
    Vehicle:
    TRD, DBL, TOYO w/KONIGS
    Many, the list goes on..
    Dont know if you guys have ever seen me around town. I see a few tacoma's around that look nice. Actually maybe that's you guys that actually wave to another Tacoma....Here's a sneak peak of me...the one with the Tacomaworld sticker :D

2011-08-25 18.31.41.jpg

19. Aug 25, 2011 at 6:32 PM
    DubyaDawg

DubyaDawg Underprepared and Overconfident

Member:
    Tulsa/Norman, OK
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner TRD Sport
    Avid Light Bar, KC Dayliters, Roll-N-Lock bed cover, TRD Center Caps, Fog Light Anytime Mod.
    I don't think I've seen you around before... because I think I would've remembered that truck. I'll keep an eye out now though!

20. Aug 25, 2011 at 6:58 PM
    sprgrey

sprgrey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grey
    Conroe, Tx
    Vehicle:
    TRD, DBL, TOYO w/KONIGS
    Many, the list goes on..
    OK, Here's a better pic with my little man getting in the truck because he loves it as much as I do. Several of the Mods on my truck have been local Craigslist finds and from TacomaWorld site. I have to brag on Ryno4WD as Ryan there is the man that will treat you right and is honest. Lets share any good local finds if you run across any...

2011-08-25 18.32.11.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top