LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

PRS' 73 Scout II build

Old 08-08-2010, 04:12 PM   #1
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
PRS' 73 Scout II build

Project 73 Scout II

Specs:
Engine: Orignal IH 345Ci 182HP TQ 303Ft/Lbs
Transmission: Chrysler Torque Flite 3 Speed Automatic
T-Case: Dana 20 2speed 2:1 Ratio
Rearend: Dana 44 with Drum brakes
Frontend: Dana 33 With Drum brakes
Suspension: Spring under Leaf Springs with shocks
Wheels/Tires: 31 M/T on 15" steel wheels.
Body: A little beat, but not a lot of rust (Winter project)

Plans:
Engine: Rebuild, Custom built Q-Jet 4bbl carb, New exhaust, electronic ignition.
Gauges: ISSPro Gauge Conversion
Transmission: Rebuild, shift kit
T-Case: Replace and Upgrade to a 3:1 Ratio,
Front end: Install the Chevy front Dana 44, Pinion angled 8*, re-geared to 4:11, ARB Locker, and set up for spring over conversion, and tapped for High Steer.
Rear end: Chevy 12 Bolt, Rebuilt, regeared for 4:11, Arb Locker, converted to spring over.
Suspension: CPT Long Travel Kit, shackle reversal
Trail Gear: Front and rear bumpers and sliders.
Wheels/Tires: 35 m/ts on the 15" steelies.

8/8/2010

Went and picked it up. It runs pretty well, but has some oil leaks, only drives in 4x4 and transmission wont go into reverse. The body is pretty straight. The winters projects will be to get the body straightened out and primed. Will also be pulling out the rear end. Getting it converted over for spring over, and rebuilt with 4:11s. Will do the ARB when I have more money.

Pictures (Last Picture is of the Chevy Dana 44 that will get built up for the front later):

Attached Thumbnails
PRS' 73 Scout II build-tn_p1030886.jpg   PRS' 73 Scout II build-tn_p1030890.jpg   PRS' 73 Scout II build-tn_p1030894.jpg   PRS' 73 Scout II build-tn_p1030895.jpg   PRS' 73 Scout II build-tn_p1030896.jpg  

PRS' 73 Scout II build-tn_p1030893.jpg  
Old 08-08-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Reserved for later use
Old 08-08-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
Navy:
reserved for later use.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #4
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see any pics.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:17 PM   #5
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Scouts are sweet...sub'd.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:21 PM   #6
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Pictures!?!?
Old 08-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #7
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
I don't see any pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07trd4x4 View Post
Pictures!?!?
Impatient!

They are up now.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:42 PM   #8
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Sick!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 04:49 PM   #9
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
looks like fun
Old 08-09-2010, 07:58 PM   #11
Navy:
08/09/2010

Today I removed the passenger door and gutted it. It will go over to my friends. There are holes down the side from some molding that was long gone. There are also several holes from various mirrors that had been installed at different times. All these holes will be filled by my friend. In the mean time I will sand and paint the door panel. This thing is all sheet metal! no plastic or cardboard door panel here. This thing is a solid beast.
This door will need a new regulator because the window wont roll up.

Attached Thumbnails
PRS' 73 Scout II build-tn_p1030897.jpg   PRS' 73 Scout II build-tn_p1030898.jpg   PRS' 73 Scout II build-tn_p1030900.jpg  
Old 08-09-2010, 08:05 PM   #12
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Old 08-09-2010, 08:09 PM   #13
6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nate
6spdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet. I am currently doing a 72. Mine is a little more rough around the edges.
Doing a frame up restoration.
Attached Thumbnails
PRS' 73 Scout II build-home-07-12-10-320.jpg  
Old 08-09-2010, 08:43 PM   #14
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdtaco View Post
Sweet. I am currently doing a 72. Mine is a little more rough around the edges.
Doing a frame up restoration.
Nice!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #15
shocker01 is a splendid one to beholdshocker01 is a splendid one to beholdshocker01 is a splendid one to beholdshocker01 is a splendid one to beholdshocker01 is a splendid one to beholdshocker01 is a splendid one to beholdshocker01 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Gordon
shocker01's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome, I love old scouts. One day hope to build one myself. Keep us posted on the progress. Good luck with it.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:01 PM   #16
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
subbed. This is going to be good.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:30 PM   #17
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
This sounds like an interesting build/project, will stay interested as you continue to work.
It sounds like you are doing a "rolling" restoration? Or are you going to go ahead and completely tare this ting apart?

I recently became very interested into IH scouts, especially the 800's of the 60's. Would love to get one and have something to work on a couple of days a week.
Would love to also "Line-X" it, and make it a good trail truck.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:01 PM   #18
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakoTruck View Post
This sounds like an interesting build/project, will stay interested as you continue to work.
It sounds like you are doing a "rolling" restoration? Or are you going to go ahead and completely tare this ting apart?

I recently became very interested into IH scouts, especially the 800's of the 60's. Would love to get one and have something to work on a couple of days a week.
Would love to also "Line-X" it, and make it a good trail truck.
I definitely will not be doing a frame off, But i plan to do the best i can without taking the body off the frame. I plan to line-x/bedliner the interior. Something to think about when line-xing the whole thing, this is already a pretty damn heavy truck. doing a complete line-x will add to the weight.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #19
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunnerSeth View Post
I definitely will not be doing a frame off, But i plan to do the best i can without taking the body off the frame. I plan to line-x/bedliner the interior. Something to think about when line-xing the whole thing, this is already a pretty damn heavy truck. doing a complete line-x will add to the weight.
Yeah that's something I'm worried about, it adding a lot of weight. Maybe half way up from the bottom can be Line-X, and the other portion can be paint.
I'm not sure what the thickness of the metal is, but I'm guessing it's thick. Which is always a good thing, but the weight sucks. I hear these scouts are very solid trucks, sounds good to me!

Your plan to put Line-X into the interior sounds like a good idea.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:56 PM   #20
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
moooar pics