Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Prerunning4x4's 1991 Pickup Build Up

Old 10-07-2010, 10:26 PM   #1
prerunning4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunning4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunning4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunning4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunning4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunning4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunning4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunning4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunning4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunning4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunning4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tommy
prerunning4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Prerunning4x4's 1991 Pickup Build Up

Done:
Fully rebuilt, bored, and treated long block.
12'' Kicker comp sub, with 1100 watt amp, capacitor, and the new lil wayne cd.
Bed light works!!!!\
New windshield
New Goodyear floor mats
K&N drop in filter
Flowmaster exhaust- now straight piped with a dyno max.
Removed mud flaps
Painted fender flares
Removed rear bumper (drove like that for about a month)
Rear Aussie locker- Now front and rear lockrites, with 4.88 gears
New rear diff oil
Napa premium spark plug wires May '10
New NGK OEM replacement spark plugs gapped to 0.32'' Oct 10 2010
New fuel filter late Sept.
Rear tube bumper-New and improved.
License plate mount
License plate light
Moved license plate to the offset right side
Removed tool box
Painted stock steel rims
Removed front valence
Clutch
Alternator
Battery
Flushed coolant Oct 13
Oil change.. needs another
New Pioneer head unit
3.5'' dash speakers
6X9 Clarion in box, in back
Bed liner
Uniden CB radio
4' Fry's antenna
New Toyota rims (6 spoke from a 95.5 taco)
Painted new rims
New BFG A/T's 31X10.5 R-15
Removed upper stripe of stripe kit.
Multiple fuel treatments
Hi clearance spare tire re mount (sits in my bed for the time being)

To do: (in a list going from most important to least realistic for the time being)

Eliminate idle issue (too low when hot, too high when cold)
Eliminate Misfire
- DONEEEEEEEEEEE
Sliders
Bud built skid plate
Hi-lift
Shovel and Ax, mount them
Old Man Emu full suspension rebuild/lift kit (torsions, steering dampener, shocks, new rear leaf packs)
32'' A/T's

Front bumper, and lights as well somewhere along the way

I'd like to say thats all i would like to do, but the list won't ever stop

Okay, here we go.

Bought it because my Mercedes was in a wreck, his fault and we took a 3500 dollar check.

May '10

Got it for 2K, from my GPA, good hands.

I needed a decent radio, seeing the fact that i drive about 1.5 hrs a day!
Soo... kenwood deck with direct ipod hook up CD and HD radio and plugged away for a night.
Final Product:

That Electrical tape up on top, was the product of frustration and the sheer fact that the clip behind it would not go in, so i cut it off. i will file it down next time when i put my sub in but for now, i will live.

Cosmetics

Wheeled the living shit out of it.

Now i knew what i needed.

A LOCKER.

But i cant afford it then because... the alternator and battery both simultaneously took a crap.

Killing time, got a rear tube bumper put on, some minor things.

cleaned out a work shed for me to have a shop!

Rims!

Im painting these, i love them the way they are, but i like them without scuffs and faded alloy... more.

One, sanded down, now painted.
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...731101924a.jpg

Painted the bumper flat black, moved license plate, no more tool box.

i hate jeeps.

non poser shots from a little while back, still not locked in thse pics.

^^^^ that was a pretty gnarly rock from the other side, i scraped everything on my undercarriage it seemed like.... ahha

Then....

Shes ready to be locked up!:guitar:

Locked her!

Then...

got my bedliner done! thanks to josues help

Flowmaster is in.:rockin:

Then....

Tested my locker...
just one pic from that day

Well the radio went out, and i cant live without one so....

Its as easy as 1,2,3.

And... happy posting!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:30 PM   #2
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
nice man!!!! love the build!! keep it goin!!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
nice rig bro, have you considered swapping out the 3.0 for the much better 3.4?
Old 10-07-2010, 10:33 PM   #4
prerunning4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunning4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunning4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunning4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunning4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunning4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunning4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunning4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunning4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunning4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunning4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
nice man!!!! love the build!! keep it goin!!
Thanks man! I will take your advice, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbmx View Post
nice rig bro, have you considered swapping out the 3.0 for the much better 3.4?
Yes, everyday. I wish i had the funds for such surgery, because i would love to. Thanks though!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:45 PM   #5
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Your Mercedes was such win.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #6
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Also, your truck is coming along nicely! I can't wait to see it!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #7
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Full of win!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:49 PM   #8

all clean!

Old 10-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Also, your truck is coming along nicely! I can't wait to see it!
Well if you would stop neglecting me lets go for a ride duuuuude

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Your Mercedes was such win.
I dont really know what you mean Derek! I loved it so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Full of win!
I agree, anything dealing with me, and win... wins. Hahahaha thanks
Old 10-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #10
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good! I'll meet you at one of the up coming trail runs I'm sure.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:33 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
Looking good! I'll meet you at one of the up coming trail runs I'm sure.

For sure man! You'll recognize me easily, im the only one without a taco it seems:/
Old 10-13-2010, 04:06 PM   #13
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessTaco View Post
Very Nice Job With the truck! So when you gonna join SocalTacomas for a fun trail run?
He said he wants to go camping on the Ocotillo run!
Old 10-13-2010, 09:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessTaco View Post
Very Nice Job With the truck! So when you gonna join SocalTacomas for a fun trail run?
Well i have planned and made commitments to both Superstition, and the upcoming Ocotillo runs, and any other close ones i have, and thank you ever so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
He said he wants to go camping on the Ocotillo run!
Correct!
Old 10-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #15
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
lift it!!!

Old 10-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #16

Only two inches! And then put 32's on it, and re gear it, then lock the front
Old 10-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #17

I had fun today
Old 10-19-2010, 07:53 PM   #18
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
^sweet nice truck
Old 10-28-2010, 08:50 PM   #19

Well guys, im only getting power out of cylinders 2,4,&6.

Time for a re-build.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:57 AM   #20

About to start pulling things from the motor for either the timing belt or a whole new motor. Whichever holds the issue. Going to order (on monday) Front and rear Diffs with 4.88 gear ratios with F&R Lockright lockers. My Aussie has reeked havoc on my old 3rd.