Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

My 1998 Toyota Corolla

Old 03-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #41
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
I miss my old 91.

Had over 187K miles on it.

Only put $400 of non scheduled repairs/maintenance into it. Starter ate itself and had to replace the muffler and Radiator.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:07 PM   #42
Small and Tall
tacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
tacobell007's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacobell007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
I miss my old 91.

Had over 187K miles on it.

Only put $400 of non scheduled repairs/maintenance into it. Starter ate itself and had to replace the muffler and Radiator.
Sounds like it was very reliable to you. I have about $500 in non scheduled repairs on the car (rust, clutch, exhaust).
Old 03-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #43
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You know how hard it is to find this type of Corolla with a manual in my area? People hang onto these forever.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:12 PM   #44
Small and Tall
tacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
You know how hard it is to find this type of Corolla with a manual in my area? People hang onto these forever.
I was looking for a SUV or pick up. I really wanted a manual though. Found this one and my dad looked at it and test drove it, then later the same day I went and looked at it. I see them in groups on craigslist one week and the next I do not see any. I think I got a very good deal on my car.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:14 PM   #45
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobell007 View Post
I was looking for a SUV or pick up. I really wanted a manual though. Found this one and my dad looked at it and test drove it, then later the same day I went and looked at it. I see them in groups on craigslist one week and the next I do not see any. I think I got a very good deal on my car.
I'm looking to buy a gas saver car and this was one of my choices mainly because I can't really do anything to it and they look good. I haven't checked craigslist but on autotrader you can find them in auto all day.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #46
Small and Tall

Quote:
I'm looking to buy a gas saver car and this was one of my choices mainly because I can't really do anything to it and they look good. I haven't checked craigslist but on autotrader you can find them in auto all day.
Have you looked at a celica? I'm not sure which model it is but one has the corolla engine in it and the other one or two has the camry engine in it. I think it looks pretty good for the most part. Especially with the gas prices. I'm not sure what they are over there, but here it was $3.49 a gallon this morning. I only do city driving, since there is no need to go on the highway for me, and I average around 23-24 mpg city.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:43 PM   #47
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
The fifth generation Celica (1990-1993) and sixth generation Celica (1994-1999) are both nice, and good on gas. They're not too bad looking either. I have had two fifth generations, I love them.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:44 PM   #48
Banned
Quote:
Have you looked at a celica? I'm not sure which model it is but one has the corolla engine in it and the other one or two has the camry engine in it. I think it looks pretty good for the most part. Especially with the gas prices. I'm not sure what they are over there, but here it was $3.49 a gallon this morning. I only do city driving, since there is no need to go on the highway for me, and I average around 23-24 mpg city.
Yeah but if I go with a sports car I don't want a front drive.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:46 PM   #49
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So... MR2?
Old 03-29-2011, 05:47 PM   #50
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by himmie View Post
So... MR2?
i was thinking about that but they are too old. I'm thinking Miata.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #51
Small and Tall

Quote:
The fifth generation Celica (1990-1993) and sixth generation Celica (1994-1999) are both nice, and good on gas. They're not too bad looking either. I have had two fifth generations, I love them.
I was looking at late fifth gen and all sixth gen celicas. I love the way they look also. My friend has an '01 I believe, in a 5 speed with a short throw, rims and tires, and a sound system.

Quote:
I would not really consider them a "sports car," they are a sporty looking car with good suspension in my opinion. They are all 4 cylinders and my friend's '01 gets about 21 mpg city in a 5 speed. Has the camry 2.2L
Old 03-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #52
Deltabox's Better Half

himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i was thinking about that but they are too old. I'm thinking Miata.
The MR2 has three generations...running from 1985-2005. How is that too old? Ha.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:51 PM   #54
Deltabox's Better Half

himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I would not consider the Celica a sports car. It's just a sporty little car. Mine were both the fifth generation ST184 with the 5SFE (the 2.2L 4 cylinder.) One a 1992 and one a 1993.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:52 PM   #55
Small and Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
My dad has a 98 corolla also. He currently had 272000 miles on it. Burns a little oil but thats about it. Its a pos but its reliable
Haha, my car does not burn anything. It has dents and is not pretty though, needs a good waxing too. As long as mine runs and passes inspection I will be driving it.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #56
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I drive a lot, yes. Mostly trips back home to Wisconsin. Also random weekend trips. She currently has almost 205,000 miles...in about three years. The mileage would be higher if she hadn't sat in the garage for a few months last year.
No, I drive a lot. 180k in 6 years is a lot. You drive all the fucking time. You're probably driving *right now*.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #57
Small and Tall

Quote:
Yeah, I would not consider the Celica a sports car. It's just a sporty little car. Mine were both the fifth generation ST184 with the 5SFE (the 2.2L 4 cylinder.) One a 1992 and one a 1993.
how much you looking for, for the 1992

Just kidding, I don't have money for another car.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #58
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
Years ago I bought an 89 corolla wagon(my 1st YOTA) with 300,000 kms on it...drove it to 550,000 kms...no engine issues at all the body just fell apart!!! 5speed manual...very usefull and great on gas

This car sold me on Toyota for ever.

My sister just gave me her 92 Paseo with only 160,000 km for my soon to be driving Daughter...sis bought it new!!! Cute little car with a sunroof...my son and I are doing some repairs on it now. Basically it is a sportier version of the Tercel.

Love YOTAS!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 06:07 PM   #59
Small and Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarioyota View Post
Years ago I bought an 89 corolla wagon(my 1st YOTA) with 300,000 kms on it...drove it to 550,000 kms...no engine issues at all the body just fell apart!!! 5speed manual...very usefull and great on gas

This car sold me on Toyota for ever.

My sister just gave me her 92 Paseo with only 160,000 km for my soon to be driving Daughter...sis bought it new!!! Cute little car with a sunroof...my son and I are doing some repairs on it now. Basically it is a sportier version of the Tercel.

Love YOTAS!!!
The Paseos are pretty sweet looking. I have a 93 tercel that we are gonna fix up in a 5 speed.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:13 PM   #60
Deltabox's Better Half

himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
No, I drive a lot. 180k in 6 years is a lot. You drive all the fucking time. You're probably driving *right now*.
Haha. I'm not driving right now, I do drive everyday though. You should see my 365,000 mile 2001 Sienna...

Quote:
how much you looking for, for the 1992

Just kidding, I don't have money for another car.
Ha, if you want her, she's in Wisconsin!