Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

My 1998 Toyota Corolla

Old 03-29-2011, 06:15 PM   #61
Small and Tall
tacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
tacobell007's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacobell007
Quote:
Originally Posted by himmie View Post
Haha. I'm not driving right now, I do drive everyday though. You should see my 365,000 mile 2001 Sienna...

Ha, if you want her, she's in Wisconsin!
Road trip! does it need any work?
Old 03-29-2011, 06:17 PM   #62
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobell007 View Post
Road trip! does it need any work?
The engine is fine, needs a new battery. It needs a wheel bearing and brakes. The body needs to be cleaned up a bit. I haven't seen it in about a year, I have been in Arizona. I will most likely actually go about selling her this summer.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:22 PM   #63
Small and Tall
tacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
The engine is fine, needs a new battery. It needs a wheel bearing and brakes. The body needs to be cleaned up a bit. I haven't seen it in about a year, I have been in Arizona. I will most likely actually go about selling her this summer.
Brakes are not hard to do, just a pain to use the bench grinder. I cant afford another car, but if I could, I would be all over it.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:27 PM   #64
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
I would not really consider them a "sports car," they are a sporty looking car with good suspension in my opinion. They are all 4 cylinders and my friend's '01 gets about 21 mpg city in a 5 speed. Has the camry 2.2L
If I got one I would spring for the GTS.

Quote:
The MR2 has three generations...running from 1985-2005. How is that too old? Ha.
The real MR2s were discontinued in 1995.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #65
Small and Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post

GTS or GT Four

1994 MR2 is what I want to get
Old 03-29-2011, 06:59 PM   #66
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I concur on the MR2s. The Spyder does not compare.

The fifth generation GT-S isn't anything special... Same engine as the GT. At least in the seventh generation it offered the six speed manual.

Quote:
GTS or GT Four

1994 MR2 is what I want to get
GT-4 FTW.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:59 PM   #67
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I concur on the MR2s. The Spyder does not compare.

The fifth generation GT-S isn't anything special. In the seventh generation it offered the six speed manual.
Yup. That is what I would get.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #68
Deltabox's Better Half

himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yup. That is what I would get.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:03 PM   #69
Banned
Quote:
Still. I don't want the torque steer to break my hands every time I decide to do a spirited launch.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #70
Small and Tall

Looks like i will be doing more work to my car soon. I went out to go visit my friend working at a local ice cream place since today was opening day. Get my ice cream, start the car, and the check engine light stays on So I turn the engine off, eat my ice cream, pop the hood and the gas cap door. No vacuum hoses seemed loose, all electrical connections seemed tight, and the gas cap was on securely. Drive to Advanced Auto Parts and get the code read. It is a P0440 code, EVAP system malfunction. The guy that read the code said it was probably the purge solenoid since it said error not leak, but we shall see.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #71
Small and Tall

My dad got home and took out the EFI fuse to reset the ECM after checking for vacuum leaks and loose connections, and now there is no light after starting 4 times. Took a trip to Walmart with no problems. Hopefully it stays off.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #72
Small and Tall

North east winters really take a beating on the cars up here. Damn it, do I HATE rust! Rust caused my car to fail inspection at first, caused the springs on the exhaust bolts to fall off, and now, a brake line to fail. Great way to start my tuesday off. Good thing there were no cars turning where my brake line ruptured or I might be posting pictures of a crash. Dropped it off at the shop tonight at 10 (went late so no traffic would be out except my dad in front). No one was on the roads and smart driving with the manual transmission and emergency hand brake prevails. Plan to hear from the shop tomorrow or thursday.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #73
Small and Tall

Got the car back today. was close to $400 for 2 new brake lines, running from the engine bay, all the way back to the rear drums. Seems to brake and drive fine, but I have only driven it almost 2 miles. Will get pics of new lines up soon.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:35 PM   #74
Small and Tall

One of the lights on my speedometer was out when I bought the car in November. I finally got around to changing it. The green bulb condom on it had melted to it so I just changed my gauge cluster color over to white.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #75
Deltabox's Better Half

himmie's Tacoma Gallery
It's odd seeing a 90's Toyota with a white cluster... Looks good!
Old 05-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #76
Small and Tall

Quote:
It's odd seeing a 90's Toyota with a white cluster... Looks good!
Thanks! It took all of 20 minutes and it was free I haven't driven it in the night with this setup yet. It shouldn't be anything the dimmer switch can't handle
Old 05-24-2011, 06:21 PM   #77
Small and Tall

With all the rain the last week I thought it would be nice to invest money into something that would unlock my doors faster. I got a Auto Mate Keyless entry system. I put it in since the shop wanted double the price of the unit to install it, if i bought it.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #78
Small and Tall

Well I found out I needed a new condenser and receiver dryer to get my A/C back to working since the condenser was leaking and the receiver dryer was filled with moisture. Spent some time putting that in tonight, yes it is finished. Also put in a aFe Pro Dry S drop in air filter today. I'll get pics of that later.

Right after I took the parts out of my car

New condenser

New receiver dryer after being put on new condenser

Something is missing... I think it is the radiator!

Everything out...

Old 07-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #80
Small and Tall

**UPDATE**
So I found out the new condenser I put was actually leaking. So I had to take that out and got a free replacement. Hopefully this will last longer than 2 weeks. I cannot get the system vacuum tested and charged til next week cause our friend thats a mechanic is on vacation and I am at lacrosse camp the rest of the week. Also, I was leaving my friend's house after doing an amp and sub install on his 97 Wrangler, and my cv boot came off and slung grease all over. That was real fun to be on my way to pick up my date and have the cv start clicking but I got to use the truck for the night So I put a new axle in and 2 days later I go to put my new condenser in and notice hot, melted grease on the ground turns out the metal retaining ring on the boot snapped and allowed the boot to slip forward towards the wheel. Here are some pics of the old axle and the one I put in that the retaining ring snapped on...

In 2 pieces...

New one that snapped the retaining ring...