Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

2013 Scion FR-S Storm Trooper Build

Old 04-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #201
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
mine doesnt. mines smooth as buttah
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Same here, except it hates cold acceleration.
Ok thanks guys. We have thought from the beginning that something is wrong with this engine. Yesterday morning I started it and after about 10-15 seconds the engine bogged down and started shaking almost as if it was going to stall. This is the first time I experienced it. My wife has noticed it numerous times on cold starts. We have told the dealer about it but since it's not throwing any codes there is nothing they can do. I'm not sure what to do either. Thanks again
Old 04-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #202
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Let them start it cold..
Old 04-21-2013, 08:42 PM   #203
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^ this
Old 04-22-2013, 06:24 AM   #205
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here Kona, this scion might be more your style

http://www.scion.ca/scion/en/full/build-price/iq#
Old 04-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
OMGWANT
Old 04-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #208
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so

aaron

any problems with yours?

because

I might get one...
You should get one, it would be very Asian of you. But I'd import the GT-86 in from Japan, and get certified to drive left hand drive in HI, then you'd be FUCKING COOL.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:33 AM   #209
Time Traveler
MartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ROB
MartyMcfly's Tacoma Gallery
Just read through your entire thread. I see tint is on your list of mods.... lolol
I just bought one of these for my woman last week.
Great car! Handles like a go-kart. Actually handles better than my Evo IX!

Old 04-23-2013, 01:03 AM   #210
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Looks about 6.5 here .

http://youtu.be/wPj_mz3enwo
Old 04-23-2013, 02:02 AM   #211

Thats your FR-s video?
Old 04-23-2013, 02:04 AM   #212
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You should get one, it would be very Asian of you. But I'd import the GT-86 in from Japan, and get certified to drive left hand drive in HI, then you'd be FUCKING COOL.
id be so rice id have to cut carbs for a year!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:45 AM   #213
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so
aaron

any problems with yours?

because

I might get one...
Satin White Pearl BRZ shows up at my local dealership today or tomorrow....Taco might be going bye-bye. Must....resist...
Old 04-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #214
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
The FR-S is real cute and all, my wife would love one, hell even my sister. But how about something not so "Hey look at me, "I'm spunky, fun, and I love long walks on the beach!"

Maybe something with a some bawls like an STi or an EVO?
Old 04-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
The FR-S is real cute and all, my wife would love one, hell even my sister. But how about something not so "Hey look at me, "I'm spunky, fun, and I love long walks on the beach!"

Lol, compare the price difference of those cars. The FR-s is supposed to be a non-expensive play toy. You're comparing different leagues.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #216
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

"Not so "Hey look at me"" and your solution is an STi or Evo with a huge wing? Please tell me more about this concept

edit: And what the dinosaur said ^
Old 04-23-2013, 01:13 PM   #217
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
I used to have an 05' STi, arguably one of the best model years next to the bug eye. But one of the first things I did was swap the STi trunk with the wing from a WRX. Problem solved. That thing was a beast. Of course they are in two different leagues, a lot of the newer STis are ridiculously expensive in the mid 30s. However you can easily find a late model Pre-owned STi for the same price as a new FR-S.

I'd rather have a late model STi that's fast, then have a new and cute FR-S. At least that way I could keep my man card.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #218
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I used to have an 05' STi, arguably one of the best model years next to the bug eye. But one of the first things I did was swap the STi trunk with the wing from a WRX. Problem solved. That thing was a beast. Of course they are in two different leagues, a lot of the newer STis are ridiculously expensive in the mid 30s. However you can easily find a late model Pre-owned STi for the same price as a new FR-S.

I'd rather have a late model STi that's fast, then have a new and cute FR-S. At least that way I could keep my man card.

For sti money I would have to just buy a 5.0 and actually be fast.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #219
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I don't know how many posters are in here that really don't agree with you about the man card issue.

And like I said, lol neither do I!

And what if I do like long walks on the beach? What's a romance without that kinda shit?

Maybe I'll drive my FR-S to go get my girl and we can go do spunky fun shit and then have a nice long walk on the beach...
Old 04-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #220
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
I don't know how many posters are in here that really don't agree with you about the man card issue.

And like I said, lol neither do I!

And what if I do like long walks on the beach? What's a romance without that kinda shit?

Maybe I'll drive my FR-S to go get my girl and we can go do spunky fun shit and then have a nice long walk on the beach...
and to add, most people that i know that drive one are doods.

this car was never ment to go fast like yamaha dave thinks. its ment to be a great handling car. nothing more. altho, with its light weight, it doesnt take much to make it pretty damn quick