Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

2013 Scion FR-S Storm Trooper Build

Old 06-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #361
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Word of advice, dont spend the money supercharging it unless you plan to buy it out after the lease otherwise that seems likes a lot of money down the drain. Give me a moment to check out the intakes.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #362
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
The blower doesn't come with the lightweight pulley's, which I would view as a benefit if I were to use that blower...

The intake would get changed with the blower so I think lightweight pulley's and exhaust, and intake later if I don't get the blower...

Oh and:

Old 06-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #363
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

That is all kinds of amazing.

Definitely get the pulleys & exhaust 1st, worry about the rest later. I hate to make a rule for myself. No ordering new parts till old parts are actually installed and functional. I was getting to have too much of a stock pile with my old Xrunners supercharger system across my living room floor for a few weeks xD.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #364

Also the blower says it works with the factory intake:

"Stylized airbox and filter housing design allows for additional flow, while retaining the factory cold air ram intake. Quick release fasteners allow for simple access to filter for change/cleaning."
Old 06-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #365
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Basically everything regarding the intake that is outside the engine bay stays intact with that blower.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Basically everything regarding the intake that is outside the engine bay stays intact with that blower.
Yea I just looked at the designs, plus the dyno on the page shows you lose in the low end. I'd keep factory if I was you, put in a high flow filter. That's my plan with the tC.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #367

Law Enforcement:
With 294 hp and 210 ft lb tq at factory redline with that blower....considering I get maybe 150-160 hp and less tq, my first second and third gear shifts are usually at red line...this little mofo would be fast as shit.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #368

Aye, plus the low down power of superchargers is a dream. Ever been in a vehicle with one??
Old 06-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #369

Law Enforcement:
No, just a stock turbo'd Genesis Coupe 2.0 Rspec.

Trac off, high rev launch. I went FR-S because the 2.0T R-spec has some nasty turbo lag.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #370

Smart choice.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #371
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Do the intake and exhaust, then save for blower that wau you have even more power!
He needs those windows tinted..
Old 06-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #372

Law Enforcement:
Exhaust ordered...

Old 06-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #373
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah buddy! Happy bday to you.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #374
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
this is your girlfriend/wife car right?
Old 06-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #375
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
Sadly no he sold his taco for it.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #376

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
No, this is my current girlfriend.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #377

Old 06-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #378

Law Enforcement:
Old 06-03-2013, 05:28 AM   #379
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Just curious..what made you go with the Nvidia?
Old 06-03-2013, 05:34 AM   #380
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Also, I wouldn't buy a full out intake without a tune. From what I've found in the FT86 club forums is that more people than not end up with idle and stalling issues with an aftermarket intake without the addition of an ECU tune. And even then, the power addition is marginal at best. Toyobaru did a very good job designing the factory intake. Looks like if you're going to touch anything on the intake without a tune, a HF drop-in filter and the Perrin inlet tube get you the best bang for the buck. YMMV