Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

2013 Scion FR-S Storm Trooper Build

Old 12-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #21
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I see both sides. It looks great the way that it is, certain accents of either black or carbon fiber could add a little though.

Above pic is what I had in mind. The fender vents and lower valance.

Some of the other pics look great too. I like the how they painted the truck lid.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:58 PM   #22
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Carbon hood is OK if there's a weight saving - useful for a handling-oriented car. If the look bothers you, just paint it.
EDIT: just realized the stock hood is aluminum, no need to bother with CF then. Weight savings will be negligible.

OEM BRZ headlights can be a tempting mod.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #23
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Yup. The kit runs 2700
http://greddy.com/products/jdm-speci...er/frs-brz-86/
Old 12-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #24
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Carbon hood is OK if there's a weight saving - useful for a handling-oriented car. If the look bothers you, just paint it.
Unless he's doing Time Attack, no need for weight savings. The stock hood is light enough.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #25
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
AFe also makes a Pro Dry S intake for it, PN TM-2013B-D

Old 12-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #26
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:

Yea, that is tempting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
Thanks for the link, they have a sweet air intake system I may consider.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #27

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
Unless he's doing Time Attack, no need for weight savings. The stock hood is light enough.
Power to weight ratio is currently excellent: 12 lbs/HP
Old 12-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #28
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Some nice mods out there making this car look real nice now . Still has to have a turbo or supercharger if I would own one .
Old 12-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #29

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Some nice mods out there making this car look real nice now . Still has to have a turbo or supercharger if I would own one .
Both companies agreed to not make forced injection until 2014-2015, but Subaru has a turbo'd FA20 motor in a Legacy already and Toyota is in the process of making a supercharger for the FR-S.

Vortec I believe came out with a supercharger at Sema...I'll wait till Toyota TRD comes out with the supercharger, so I don't void warranties.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:39 PM   #30
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
You mentioned a racing stripe...I think that would take away from the styling of the car...if you're tinting the windows, and going for the storm trooper look, I'd get the roof wrapped in matte black. Kinda like this...but better...would help tie in the black wheels and looks really good in person. Plus, if you have it wrapped, you cold always remove it without damage if you grow tired of it.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:06 PM   #31

Law Enforcement:
That doesn't look bad...

Plastidip? LOL!!
Old 12-29-2012, 01:04 AM   #32

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
EDIT: just realized the stock hood is aluminum, no need to bother with CF then. Weight savings will be negligible.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8788

Same idea as the Taco BHLM.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:42 AM   #33
Live Fast, Die Young
superwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superwhite10's Tacoma Gallery
gonna keep an eye on this, interested to see what you do with it. my only constructive input, keep it clean and classy
Old 12-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #34
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
It's cheaper than Subaru headlights, but also lacks the LED "brow" strip. IMO an add-in aftermarket LED strip usually looks cheesy.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #35

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
It's cheaper than Subaru headlights, but also lacks the LED "brow" strip. IMO an add-in aftermarket LED strip usually looks cheesy.
I would agree they look cheesy, but the LED strip is not necessary. Reminds me of the halo head lights...
Old 01-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #36

Law Enforcement:

Stock projector cut off...

When I black out the headlights, I'm thinking I wanna keep the same projectors but put in HID lights.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #37
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
So jealous, sick whip. My friend wants to get the BRZ which is like the same car but subie, and i cant talk him into it enough... so sexy
Old 01-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #39

Law Enforcement:
I couldn't be happier with the car. The handling is what I like to refer to as slot race car type handling, similar to the vehicle being on rails. It's comfortable, the interior is sparse but has all that it needs. It's a super small car but has enough room for me to get in, sit and get out comfortably, I'm 6'1", 190 lbs.

As it is only a 200 hp, 150 ft lb torque motor, its not quite like driving a Nissan GTR around. When the motor warms up, it does get up and go pretty damn quick.

I got the auto 6 speed with manual mode and paddle shifters, I chose this option as I had driven a manual FR-S prior to my purchase. The manual is very very nice, but having 2 hands on the wheel during cornering and shifting is a plus for me.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #40
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Oooohhhhhhh, paddle shifts I'm jealous