Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

2013 Scion FR-S Storm Trooper Build

Old 01-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #41
I am faster than 80% of all snakes.
Ben83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Intelligence Analyst for 10 years and then moved on.
Name: Ben
Ben83's Tacoma Gallery
Did you look at the Subie version at all? Any specific details that swayed you towards Toyota vs Subaru?

The car looks sick! Everything I have read and watched says it is a blast to drive. More akin to the japanese sports cars of the mid 90's.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #43
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Subaru added a bunch of things that weren't necessary, like push button start and some other cosmetic thing. Frame, suspension, engine, trans, etc are all the same. The price difference is close to 5 grand also.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #44
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Niiiiice. Sounds like a blast to drive. How's visibility?
There's one spot that doesn't have exceptional visibility and that is the area to the left rear of the driver. Which in mind is to be expected of a two door car with small windows.

Front visibility is great and so is rear view mirror visibility through the back window.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #45
I am faster than 80% of all snakes.
Ben83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Intelligence Analyst for 10 years and then moved on.
Name: Ben
Ben83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Subaru added a bunch of things that weren't necessary, like push button start and some other cosmetic thing. Frame, suspension, engine, trans, etc are all the same. The price difference is close to 5 grand also.
Sheesh! Didn't realize it was that much of a price difference. I can see why you went with the yota version.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #46

Law Enforcement:
The FR-S has everything it needs, and nothing it doesn't need. Its just a simple small easy to operate and fun to drive car.

That corners really really really well
Old 01-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #47

Law Enforcement:
I think I might have Mr. Marv make me a sub box too...

Old 01-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #48

Law Enforcement:
One incident happened today, air bag light came on in the middle of driving. Shut the car off and restarted, didn't come on again...

Not sure what kinda sensors these things have....maybe it had to get used to my new seat positioning. Which would be cool yet weird.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #49
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Vids or GTFO
Old 01-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #50

Law Enforcement:
Of?

Also, my thread, my rules. Don't ever tell me to GTFO of my thread.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #52
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
This will probably be the first car I ever buy new if I ever find a job once I graduate. Sub'd for sure
Old 01-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #53

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post

Love these cars.
Little too much on the body panels but overall looks good.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #54
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
I love mine too. Fun as hell to drive. Perrin over on ft86club.com has the vortech sc they have been tuning and its not to bad. Avo has a decent turbo that I don't think is to expensive and innovate has a twin screw sc coming out soon.

I'm gonna do a intake tune and headers and a catback at some point. I'm prolly gonna go with borla for the exhaust pieces.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #55

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
I love mine too. Fun as hell to drive. Perrin over on ft86club.com has the vortech sc they have been tuning and its not to bad. Avo has a decent turbo that I don't think is to expensive and innovate has a twin screw sc coming out soon.

I'm gonna do a intake tune and headers and a catback at some point. I'm prolly gonna go with borla for the exhaust pieces.
Have you done anything to the intake at all? Like change it to the Afe or Greddy?

I haven't looked into Borla for this car yet.

What color is yours?
Old 01-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #56
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Have you done anything to the intake at all? Like change it to the Afe or Greddy?

I haven't looked into Borla for this car yet.
No not yet. Only had it a month. I think I'm gonna do either the afe or maybe the fa20clubs intake. I'm gonna get a tune from them also

I have a ultramarine
Old 01-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #58

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
No not yet. Only had it a month. I think I'm gonna do either the afe or maybe the fa20clubs intake. I'm gonna get a tune from them also

I have a ultramarine
PM some info, are you on FT86club?
Old 01-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #59
Dark Lord of the Sith

Look up borla Uel up on YouTube. It sounds really good
Old 01-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #60
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
PM some info, are you on FT86club?
Yeah I'm on their. Same user name as here