1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1980 LAND CRUISER: buy advise

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by BlueOxen, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Jan 3, 2011 at 6:03 PM
    BlueOxen

BlueOxen [OP] Active Member

Member:
    East Coast
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    I need some help deciding on possibly buying a 1980 Land cruiser. I think it is a FJ-40. Pretty much fully original.

The truck is in the garage of a family friend and is being used as a storage compartment/shelf. The body and glass looks clean and the floor boards were new metal. but we have no idea weather it runs or not. I was not able to look underneath for rust.

There is some bit sentimental value in the truck and thats why it hasn't been sold to an "outsider" yet. But I don't know whats a good price/offer and the owners haven't said a price.

What do these go for? what would you offer?

2. Jan 3, 2011 at 6:13 PM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    I looked at one the other day. White late 70's model FJ-40. Had a warn winch on the front. Pretty decent shape. Floor pans were intact but I don't know if it even ran. I called the guy and he said he had to work on the points.
    also it just had the bikini top. He was asking $4500. It could use some work. The springs in the front were almost touching the stops.
    Dont look on ebay, you might not like the prices that you see. I've seen some go for 40k.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Jan 3, 2011 at 7:22 PM
    BlueOxen

BlueOxen [OP] Active Member

Member:
    East Coast
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    thanks for the input. I was thinking of offering $4,000 or $5,000. Most of what I saw on ebay were fully restored. They go an offer years ago from a guy and when he was turned down said that he'll offer $5,000 sight unseen.

anybody else??

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top