Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

1980 LAND CRUISER: buy advise

Old 01-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
BlueOxen is a jewel in the roughBlueOxen is a jewel in the roughBlueOxen is a jewel in the rough

Navy: radar tech
BlueOxen's Tacoma Gallery
1980 LAND CRUISER: buy advise

I need some help deciding on possibly buying a 1980 Land cruiser. I think it is a FJ-40. Pretty much fully original.

The truck is in the garage of a family friend and is being used as a storage compartment/shelf. The body and glass looks clean and the floor boards were new metal. but we have no idea weather it runs or not. I was not able to look underneath for rust.

There is some bit sentimental value in the truck and thats why it hasn't been sold to an "outsider" yet. But I don't know whats a good price/offer and the owners haven't said a price.

What do these go for? what would you offer?
Old 01-03-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I looked at one the other day. White late 70's model FJ-40. Had a warn winch on the front. Pretty decent shape. Floor pans were intact but I don't know if it even ran. I called the guy and he said he had to work on the points.
also it just had the bikini top. He was asking $4500. It could use some work. The springs in the front were almost touching the stops.
Dont look on ebay, you might not like the prices that you see. I've seen some go for 40k.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #3
BlueOxen is a jewel in the roughBlueOxen is a jewel in the roughBlueOxen is a jewel in the rough

Navy: radar tech
BlueOxen's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the input. I was thinking of offering $4,000 or $5,000. Most of what I saw on ebay were fully restored. They go an offer years ago from a guy and when he was turned down said that he'll offer $5,000 sight unseen.

anybody else??