Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Woody CRF250 Build

Old 02-07-2011, 12:25 AM   #21
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXdoer View Post
the dual exhaust do have a lag but so do the carbed models. fuel injection i like the best, but the feel is better on my o5 crf250r. pro circuit high comp piston, titanium inlet/exhaust valves, hot cam stage 3, boysen quickshot, fmf factory 4.1 titanium with megabomb header, independ race suspension. 13/48 gearing. oh and all poished frame
Nice looking bike there, ive been looking at the hotcams but havent pulled the trigger yet, because ive never been completely in a situation where i absolutely didnt have enough power. I wanna go check out the FI bikes when i get home. My bank account says no but my brain says yes haha. I wouldnt trade this 250f for anything, i mean all the time and money i spent on the suspsension was more than worth it in my book. I had a polished frame on my CR250 and that was awesome for like the first month, but keeping that shit shiny is a PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneckc View Post
All I've done to my '10 so far is put a Yoshimura exhaust system on it, which made a pretty good difference. The only thing I plan on doing is suspension, possibly changing the gearing up a little bit, and fine-tuning the EFI. It is definitely a big difference from my '05, you touch the throttle the slightest bit on this bike and it just wants to GO! Kinda hard to get used to since on the '05 I would have that bike screaming all the way around the track, giving the throttle everything it had. Sure would be alot easier to get used to if I still had my own track to ride everyday. *sigh*
You can come down and ride our track Me and a buddy just built one 2 months ago. Came out alot better than i expected it too. You will love having the suspension set up just for you!
Old 02-08-2011, 06:18 AM   #22
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
nice bike and pictures! i've got a 2000 cr 250 that i'm wanting to replace with either the crf250 or 450 not sure which yet
Old 02-08-2011, 06:21 AM   #23
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks, im looking into buying about a 2000-2004 Cr 250 to turn into a freestyle bike After racing my 250 for 5 years, I finally jumped on a 250f and i ripped. Knocked a couple seconds off my lap time and felt really comfortable. I dont really feel the need for a 450 but thats just me.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:25 AM   #24
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody6047 View Post
Thanks, im looking into buying about a 2000-2004 Cr 250 to turn into a freestyle bike After racing my 250 for 5 years, I finally jumped on a 250f and i ripped. Knocked a couple seconds off my lap time and felt really comfortable. I dont really feel the need for a 450 but thats just me.
ya i dont really do any track riding, i'm either at the dunes or on trails, the 250 would be really nice for trails but the 450 would be awesome in the dunes so i'm stuck, someday i'll just have 1 of each haha
Old 02-08-2011, 06:33 AM   #25
McGrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timicha View Post
ya i dont really do any track riding, i'm either at the dunes or on trails, the 250 would be really nice for trails but the 450 would be awesome in the dunes so i'm stuck, someday i'll just have 1 of each haha
Yea i know what ya mean there, i think you would be happy with the 450 on the trails, my buddy rides alot of enduro and trails on his 450. Hes a lil shit too. Never gotten to ride dunes though i bet that is fun stuff!
Old 02-08-2011, 06:44 AM   #26
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea i know what ya mean there, i think you would be happy with the 450 on the trails, my buddy rides alot of enduro and trails on his 450. Hes a lil shit too. Never gotten to ride dunes though i bet that is fun stuff!
ya i'll probably end up with the 450 and then later when i get out of college i'll get myself a 250 also. The dunes are awesome! its pretty much balls to the wall every where you go, the shitty part is that its really hard on your bike, my cr250 has blown up on me twice at the dunes and siezed the bottom end once but luckily i can rebuild the whole thing my self in a day for around $450 haha i know i wouldn't be able to do that with a 4stroke so that tempts me to keep the two stroke
Old 02-08-2011, 07:06 AM   #27
McGrubber

Quote:
ya i'll probably end up with the 450 and then later when i get out of college i'll get myself a 250 also. The dunes are awesome! its pretty much balls to the wall every where you go, the shitty part is that its really hard on your bike, my cr250 has blown up on me twice at the dunes and siezed the bottom end once but luckily i can rebuild the whole thing my self in a day for around $450 haha i know i wouldn't be able to do that with a 4stroke so that tempts me to keep the two stroke
Yea thats what i miss about my 250, i havent taken the time to learn the four stroke yet. I really wanna get a 450 just to have, but i need to wait till im done with college as well. My lil 250f will hold me over haha
Old 02-08-2011, 07:11 AM   #28
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea thats what i miss about my 250, i havent taken the time to learn the four stroke yet. I really wanna get a 450 just to have, but i need to wait till im done with college as well. My lil 250f will hold me over haha
haha ya pretty much why i havne't sold my 2 stroke yet its so easy and cheap to rebuild, it tempts me to just keep it and save for a 4 stroke so i can have both because i know i'll miss the thing haha
Old 02-08-2011, 07:13 AM   #29
McGrubber

Quote:
haha ya pretty much why i havne't sold my 2 stroke yet its so easy and cheap to rebuild, it tempts me to just keep it and save for a 4 stroke so i can have both because i know i'll miss the thing haha
I would just dont trash it or anything. I miss mine, every chance i get ill snatch a 125 or 250 and go have fun. They are so easy to throw around after being on a four stroke. I wish i woulda kept mine but i need the money for my suspension work haha
Old 02-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #30
rwilso03 has a spectacular aura aboutrwilso03 has a spectacular aura aboutrwilso03 has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: USAFA - Class of 2011
Name: Russ
rwilso03's Tacoma Gallery
So awesome... This makes me want to get my bike back and start riding again like I did in high school. Now if I could just solve the whole lack of money thing...
Old 02-08-2011, 09:18 AM   #31
McGrubber

Do it haha, i bet CO has some awesome places to go ride.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #32
rwilso03 has a spectacular aura aboutrwilso03 has a spectacular aura aboutrwilso03 has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: USAFA - Class of 2011
Name: Russ
rwilso03's Tacoma Gallery
yeah def. Too bad I'm only here for another 6 months. Have to do it this summer.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #33
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would just dont trash it or anything. I miss mine, every chance i get ill snatch a 125 or 250 and go have fun. They are so easy to throw around after being on a four stroke. I wish i woulda kept mine but i need the money for my suspension work haha
ya unless i get a really good deal from someone that wants to trade my bike or somthing for there 4stroke then i'll most likely be keeping the 2stroke for a long time
Old 02-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #34
RX2RIDE is a jewel in the roughRX2RIDE is a jewel in the roughRX2RIDE is a jewel in the rough
RX2RIDE's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet, looks like you know how to ride. I am on my 3rd CRF 250. Love my 2010. FI is pretty cool.

Now..... Learn how to load it into your taco. Dude you got the full dork sideways bike tilt going there. You don't wear your gear in the truck do you??? Just Kiddin ya!
Old 02-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #35
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX2RIDE View Post
Sweet, looks like you know how to ride. I am on my 3rd CRF 250. Love my 2010. FI is pretty cool.

Now..... Learn how to load it into your taco. Dude you got the full dork sideways bike tilt going there. You don't wear your gear in the truck do you??? Just Kiddin ya!
haha whats wrong with loading your bike in like that? i do it but with my truck its the only way i can close the tailgate with the bike in
Old 02-13-2011, 09:40 PM   #36
McGrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX2RIDE View Post

Thanks man! Its my first CRF but i had a couple CR's

I always turn it sideways, i find it easier to keep my gear, gas, and stand from falling out having to tie it all down. Haha i hate it when people ride home in the gear i dont know why. Sometimes just to mess with people on the interstate ill throw the helmet on while im driving haha.

FYI got some new 2011 fox gear in November and i love that stuff. The helmet is soo sweet!
Old 02-13-2011, 11:22 PM   #37
shaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shane
shaneckc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You can come down and ride our track Me and a buddy just built one 2 months ago. Came out alot better than i expected it too. You will love having the suspension set up just for you!
yeah, as soon as i get to start riding more ill get the suspension and everything else dialed in. whereabouts is your track? mine was in somis, ca. ill try to post some pics if i can find any on my other comp but it was a badass track. built on a few acres, it has a couple regulation sized triples, a really smooth flow, nice banked berms, and alot of jumps. i can still go out and ride it. its only a half hour from where i live now but the new owners dont maintain it like we did and they changed a few things that im not a huge fan of.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #38
Valdosta State University
Taco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Orrin
Taco GTR's Tacoma Gallery
nice bike, good build. cant believe you spent so much on the suspension though. i have an 05 cr125 and im about to buy a crf 250 and 450. i love honda. just cant get away from them.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:28 AM   #40
McGrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco GTR View Post
nice bike, good build. cant believe you spent so much on the suspension though. i have an 05 cr125 and im about to buy a crf 250 and 450. i love honda. just cant get away from them.
I know what ya mean, love my hondas! Honestly i think suspension is the best dollar for dollar upgrade you can make on a dirtbike. Regardless of what you ride from trails, to track, to dunes. It can make a huge difference on how comfortably you ride. My suspension has saved my butt on more than one occasion. Surprisingly the rear linkage made a big difference, i dont know how it works but it makes your back tire stick in a rut like you wouldnt imagine.

I love 2 strokes but the first time i rode a 4 stroke i knocked a couple seconds off my lap times and i was hooked ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz834 View Post
Good build.
Thanks bud