Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

bike build

Old 02-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
j83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: joshua
j83soldier's Tacoma Gallery
bike build, picture by picture/how to and writeup

SOOO I have slowed the truck build and started throwing money in my bike so I figure I would make a build page for it. First off here is my old GSXR 600. As some of you know it got totaled out, then on lucky member drove out to colorado to pick it up as part of the free stuff thread

Ok anyway after totalling that bike I got a big enough settlement to buy a newish 07 gsxr 600. here are two pics from the day I bought it

After riding around for a few days I relized how slow a stock 6oo was. I decided to upgrade my chain to a 525, drop 1 tooth in the front and add two in the rear. I also picked up some sliders for the inevedable wreck I will have. I also picked up some new tires, went with Michelin Power Pilot Race. They are track tires, stick like crazy but wear out quick

Next I wasted a hundred bucks on a LED kit. It looks sick

And that same night got pulled over for it

Enjoyed the ride for a while but wanted more. I ordered a K&N air filter and Yosh R-55 half exhaust. Install was simple minus 2 nuts that were impossible to get off and harder to get back on

new pipe

exhaust stripped off bike

new pipe next to stock

all done

k&N

tank pulled off

new filter next to old one-shit was filthy

installed with pipes cleaned

here is the bike, the harley and my truck.

and my new toy hauler, 6x15 haulmark I pick up for 900 bucks.

Next mods are gonna be a pit bull steering damper, Power commander and custom mapping and maybe stunt cage we will see.

btw computer is being weird sorry if some pics are down.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
good deal on the the trailer and fucking sick bike i have always wanted one
Old 02-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
j83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyeatlanta View Post
good deal on the the trailer and fucking sick bike i have always wanted one
Thanks bro. Couldnt believe the price on the trailer jumped on it. I have put 300 into in, new tires, rino lined floors, painted walls but it was an awesome deal
Old 02-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #4
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j83soldier View Post
Thanks bro. Couldnt believe the price on the trailer jumped on it. I have put 300 into in, new tires, rino lined floors, painted walls but it was an awesome deal
even if you only have 1200 in it that is still a great buy good job i wish i could find a deal like that
Old 02-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #5

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyeatlanta View Post
even if you only have 1200 in it that is still a great buy good job i wish i could find a deal like that
yep it was a steal. I wanted a double axle but for that price I couldnt pass it up
Old 02-13-2011, 08:52 PM   #6
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Interested to see how this goes. Subd

How can you say the 600 isn't fast enough? Maybe I'm just too new to it all but my CBR 600 is plenty fast for my tastes.

Also, did you notice any gains/improvement when you installed the K&N?
Old 02-13-2011, 08:52 PM   #7

Army:
Has anybody put steel brake lines on their bike. What are the pros and cons for it
Old 02-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #8

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFanTRD View Post
Interested to see how this goes. Subd

How can you say the 600 isn't fast enough? Maybe I'm just too new to it all but my CBR 600 is plenty fast for my tastes.

Also, did you notice any gains/improvement when you installed the K&N?
K&N helped the low in, but seemed to slow mid range. The pic isnt loading but my old filter was horrible so I am not sure if it was the k&n or just the fact I had a clean filter in. Dyno's show a 1-2.5 hp inprovement with a K&N and remapping. Buuuuut that requires a PC and dyno and it only improves low end. I did notice a diffrence with the pipes though. 600 GSXRs are slow on take off compared to cbr's hence the -1 +2
Old 02-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #9

Army:
btw if your in the springs come by if your intersted Id be happy to swap bikes if you want to see the diffrence in gearing and pipes. Also always happy to meet someone new to ride with
Old 02-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #10
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm always for riding a different bike to get a new perspective.

The CBR has a little lag off the line until the turbo kicks in around 7k RPM, then it takes off! I don't have the means to do any remapping. But I'm sure a better filter can't hurt any. That will probably be my next "mod" for the bike, followed by integrated tail light. I'd like to put on a new exhaust, but that one will be one that takes some saving of money.

If the weather is as good as it is suppose to be this week, I'm thinking I might pull it out of storage for a little ride.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:38 PM   #11

Army:
Quote:
I'm always for riding a different bike to get a new perspective.

The CBR has a little lag off the line until the turbo kicks in around 7k RPM, then it takes off! I don't have the means to do any remapping. But I'm sure a better filter can't hurt any. That will probably be my next "mod" for the bike, followed by integrated tail light. I'd like to put on a new exhaust, but that one will be one that takes some saving of money.

If the weather is as good as it is suppose to be this week, I'm thinking I might pull it out of storage for a little ride.
yea thats the start of your powerband. Most 600's start about 7 k. that is the main diffrence between a 600 and say a gsxr 750 (powerband starts around 3 k) 600's take longer to wind up. When I said it was a little slow thats what I meant, not slow just takes a minute to hit its sweet spot. I have 2 bikes I want a gsxr 750. perfact balance of power and weight and a ducati 1198--stupid fun. Today was an awsome day for riding man. I rode up to denver and back. Give me a holler next time you start your bike up
Old 02-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #12

That makes more sense about it being slow then. That part I can understand and appreciate. Any sport bike in the 1000+ range frightens me. I wouldn't know what to do with that much power. But I'd be happy to stare and .

Just remembered I have to clean the chain before I take mine out for a ride.

Do your mirrors shake/vibrate to the point where you cant see on the gsxr? There are certain speeds/rpms that I can't see a thing out of my mirrors on the cbr.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:55 PM   #13
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-13-2011, 10:00 PM   #14

Army:
Quote:
That makes more sense about it being slow then. That part I can understand and appreciate. Any sport bike in the 1000+ range frightens me. I wouldn't know what to do with that much power. But I'd be happy to stare and .

Just remembered I have to clean the chain before I take mine out for a ride.

Do your mirrors shake/vibrate to the point where you cant see on the gsxr? There are certain speeds/rpms that I can't see a thing out of my mirrors on the cbr.
nope I max it at 179 fairly often and have no vibrations at all except in the clip ons (hence the stearing damper). Your fairlngs may be loose or chain might be loose. Very few riders use all the power a liter bike puts out and on everything but the interstate and track a 600 or 750 will keep up. 1st gear is trick on them for sure. Thats why I never understood why gsxr are the only company that makes 750. Just ordered my stearing damper, wheelies will be safe in a few weeks, NO MORE TANK SLAPPERS
Old 02-13-2011, 10:04 PM   #15

Is there a way to tighten up the fairings?
Old 02-13-2011, 10:08 PM   #16

Army:
Quote:
Is there a way to tighten up the fairings?
that was just a stab in the dark seeing how your mirrors are attached to them. Yea normally there are a few bolts then the rest is held on with plastic clips. Like anyclip over time they may pop out. grab your mirrors and shake if they are steady then thats not it. If it a small quick vibration I would say drivetrain. Chain or something. I would have to see it to know.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:14 PM   #17

If I recall, the mirrors are pretty solid. I've read to use rubber washers for the mirrors, but that didn't help. Could very well be drivetrain. I can feel the vibe in the handlebars at interstate speeds.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:55 PM   #18

Army:
ok update on build. I just ordered a power commander and steel brake lines. The parts should be in in a week and I will do a install write up with pics when I install them. I also made an appointment in two months to get the bike on a dyno to custom map and tune it. (there goes a grand in parts and labor). Next will be the searing damper and a shitload of carbon fiber parts. Any other suggestions??
Old 02-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #20

Army:
I LOVE 750 perfect balance of power and control