Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Kilted Chiken's (aka Banshee) build. Codename "EVO".

Old 11-03-2008, 08:20 PM   #21
Shadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Shadow-Warrior's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, very nice. I did something like that myself, I ended up using a small 4" red neon tube under there. I also had a guy change out all my dash lights, Instrument cluster and AC controls to Red LEDís. This helps keeping my night vision when driving.

It looks great Banshee, I know what you mean about being able to see your center consol. I think they are now putting in over head map lights in the 09's. It's about time. Great looking rig.

Mike
Old 11-03-2008, 08:24 PM   #22
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
Nice! I've thought about something very similar in mine. The '09s have a little "under ledge" that would be perfect to light up the otherwise black hole that is down there. Right above the cigarette lighter, aux power, etc... It points straight down.

What kind of lights did you use?

I used some 10mm "superbrite" leds' from Fry's
. These are 12v and I wired them to a single pole single throw switch (SPST from West Marine one of these) that would fit almost perfectly into the slot next to the a-trac switch. Just would need a little cutting with a Xacto knife to fit. I wired it to the 12 cig lighter port so it is only on with the key in the in the acc or run position. Everything you need is right there
Old 11-03-2008, 08:26 PM   #23
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow-Warrior View Post

It looks great Banshee, I know what you mean about being able to see your center consol. I think they are now putting in over head map lights in the 09's. It's about time. Great looking rig.

Mike
Yes they are along with a *sigh* VSC off switch. Wonder what it will take to integrate one of those onto our rigs.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:30 PM   #25
The TW 1%
Actually pull the blank out and use the space it occupied. The switches I linked to fit almost perfectly into the void. The inside of the opening just need a little shaving so the tabs on the replacement switch will catch on the inside lip.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #27
The TW 1%
Jason,

Actually looking at the photo yours might be a little different in size and shape. I'll find one of my blanks and measure it and get those to you. Just to be certain.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:39 PM   #29
The TW 1%
21mm wide and 39mm tall with rounded edges.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:58 PM   #31
The TW 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
Thanks.

*searching to see if I have a metric ruler somewhere*
Best with the standard ruler I have 27/32" wide by 1'17/32" tall
Old 11-05-2008, 08:20 PM   #32
The TW 1%
Something new in the works.

Guess what it is and where it's going!!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Kilted Chiken's (aka Banshee) build.  Codename "EVO".-tank.jpg  
Old 11-06-2008, 04:48 AM   #33
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Guess what it is and where it's going!!!!

I have no idea, but it looks like armor of some kind...
Old 11-06-2008, 04:48 AM   #34
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No, wait... Air Tank??? :shrug:
Old 11-06-2008, 05:26 AM   #36
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
my vote is for an air tank and my guess is that you'll be planning on going to ARB for some lockers too.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:18 PM   #37
The TW 1%
For those that guessed air tank... You would be correct. It's a couple more days out from being done but once it is... Buuuwwhhhahahahah! Pics will follow.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:54 AM   #38
I dub thee malicious!

YEAH!!! I win!!!

...what do I win?
Old 11-07-2008, 06:42 AM   #39
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
YEAH!!! I win!!!

...what do I win?
I win! Do I get to keep the air tank?
Old 11-07-2008, 06:58 AM   #40
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I win! Do I get to keep the air tank?

uh... no... FAIL.

My post clearly says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
No, wait... Air Tank??? :shrug: