Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Kilted Chiken's (aka Banshee) build. Codename "EVO".

Old 09-25-2008, 09:20 PM   #1
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Kilted Chiken's (aka Banshee) build. Codename "EVO".

Start with a 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

From Factory:
Color: Sandstorm.
Options: Offroad Package (OF BFG Ruggd Trails 265/75R16, Alloy Wheels, Bilstein trail tuned shocks, Cyclone air pre-cleaner, rear diff lock and A-trac, Multi-Information display)
Convenience package (CQ Remote keyless entry Cruie control, power mirrors, rear parking sonar, privacy glass, DRL's)
Convenience package (C7 Roof rack, towing hitch, spare tire cover)
Security RS3200 (V5)
TRD Catback (37 Sounds nice)

Modifications that have been completed in the last 10 months since delivery.

Cobra 75 WX/ST CB radio, Bandi mount, Firestik 4'.

Custom rear cargo area storage box.

ARB High output air compressor (CKMA12)

ARB Bullbar

Extended breather for Transmission, Differentials, E-locker, Transfercase.
*no pic yet*
Warn M8000 winch
*no pic of installed winch yet*

Future modifications:
OME Suspension
Budbuilt skids front to rear
E-locker guard

Currently no where near Shadow Warriors most capable rig but getting there one step at a time.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Sweeet!

I'm liking FJ's more and more everyday. I hope I can have an FJ and a Taco one day.

You going to stick some lights in the ARB?
Old 09-25-2008, 09:29 PM   #3
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Sweeet!

I'm liking FJ's more and more everyday. I hope I can have an FJ and a Taco one day.

You going to stick some lights in the ARB?
Thanks,

I hope to as well,

Someday, right now I'm more focused on making her more butch. I have some ideas for lighting in the future, including lighting up the interior a little better with some LED's
Old 09-25-2008, 09:46 PM   #4
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm looking forward to your updates!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:50 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
looks great banshee!!!
Old 09-25-2008, 11:01 PM   #6
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
looking good!
Old 09-26-2008, 05:07 AM   #7
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking rig man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Thats the only mod I have on my Taco (the baby seat mod).
Old 09-26-2008, 05:45 AM   #8
Shadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Shadow-Warrior's Tacoma Gallery
Looks Great! I'm glad I'm not the only FJ over here.

Mike
Old 09-26-2008, 07:17 AM   #10
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
If somebody would quit spending all his money on his FJ, maybe somebody could afford to get another Tacoma.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #11
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Nice FJ Banshee would be nice to put that compressor in my truck. Man the possibilities.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:28 AM   #12
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Those are some serious mods! That thing doesn't even look like a Tacoma anymore!
Old 10-10-2008, 11:22 AM   #13
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Those are some serious mods! That thing doesn't even look like a Tacoma anymore!
Yea!! where did Banshee and Shadow-warrior bought their FJ bodykits for Tacoma? i want one!
Old 10-13-2008, 09:26 PM   #14
The TW 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
You are an ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
Yea!! where did Banshee and Shadow-warrior bought their FJ bodykits for Tacoma? i want one!
And you are an ass!

Update.

Here is a pic with the winch installed!!!! And out on the trail.

FYI on the air compressor. The thing rocks!!!! I was able to air up 4 265/75 R16's from 15psi to 36psi in about 10 minutes.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:51 PM   #15
The TW 1%
Newest mod.

Lights, and not for the front or back of the rig.

A little gripe of mine is the lack of light near the front of the console. At night it's a pain to find anything in that area. So i solved the problem with some 10mm led's.
Before with flash.

Without flash (camera sucks at night shots without tripod)

And now light.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:01 PM   #17
Shadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Shadow-Warrior's Tacoma Gallery
Yeh, the pic's didn''t show up?

I would like to see how they came out.

Mike
Old 11-03-2008, 08:06 PM   #18
The TW 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
pics didn't come through...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow-Warrior View Post
Yeh, the pic's didn''t show up?

I would like to see how they came out.

Mike
Un momento.

Fixed.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:12 PM   #19

I think I molested your truck. Sorry.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:16 PM   #20
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Newest mod.

Lights, and not for the front or back of the rig.

A little gripe of mine is the lack of light near the front of the console. At night it's a pain to find anything in that area. So i solved the problem with some 10mm led's.
Before with flash.

Without flash (camera sucks at night shots without tripod)

And now light.
Nice! I've thought about something very similar in mine. The '09s have a little "under ledge" that would be perfect to light up the otherwise black hole that is down there. Right above the cigarette lighter, aux power, etc... It points straight down.

What kind of lights did you use?