Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

2001 Honda CR125, yes 2001

Old 04-19-2011, 08:10 AM   #1
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mx SuperFly 25's Tacoma Gallery
2001 Honda CR125, yes 2001

OK, I have to note that this thread is 100% inspired by Woody, so thanks for the idea.

(This thread is in progress! Pictures, video, and more content will be added.)

Here's my story.
I started riding at 8 and racing at 10. When I was 15 I bought this bike new in 2001. I raced it for about a season and a half before other things took priority over racing. The bike was always garaged and maintained well. Before I knew it I wanted to get back into racing, but almost 10 years had gone by, four strokes took over, and my two stroke 125 was stripped of any technological gains it may have ever had. Being that I still enjoy riding my 125, I decided to revamp it.

Here are some bike pics. (More will be added)
These are the oldest picture of it that I have in digital form. Sitting next to my (sold) 954.
Basically stock.
Moose torque spacer, Tag T2 bars, Twin Air air filter, PC air filter seal, acerbis flag handguards.

Then I picked up new chain and sprockets (Renthal Gold Chain, Renthal Black rear sprocket, Renthal front sprocket) and a decal kit.

Then it was time for a top end, reeds, pipe, silencer, fork and shock revalve, and some other things. So I had to strip her down.

I sent out the suspension but did the rest of the work myself. I didn't take many picture but here are a few. Although it was still fully functional, the RC valve had a ton of carbon on it. I had never cleaned it before, but now I will regularly. The 10 year old studs were corroded, so I bought all new studs and dowels.

Because of all the carbon, the RC valve shaft didn't want to come out. It took a lot of PB blaster and alittle leverage to work it out.

I took these right after I finished the top end (wiseco pro lite kit), boyesen pro series reeds, rejetted the carb, new pro circuit pipe and silencer, changed the oil, replaced all the studs, installed the forks and shock, and cleaned everything meticulously before assembly.

Here are some action pics.

some old trophies and my smashed streetbike helmet (which saved my life)

Next on the list are a gripper seat cover w/step up kit, graphics, new front tire.

More GoPro Hero HD videos to be added next season.

Here's the new seat cover (didn't go w/step up kit), lower fork guards, removal of front disc guard, removal of stickers on shrouds, new numbers, and new front tire.

I don't know this guy standing in the picture (sorry guy)

Some pics with the new rear fender..

Here's a video from spring of 2011.
http://youtu.be/tmY3TSSilqo

Clip of me falling, summer 2011.
http://youtu.be/YSoeZn-jHkg

After the winter I picked up a newer style front fender (04-07), new radiator shrouds and number plates, graphics, and two sets of new plate backgrounds. I took off the handguards, put in new Hinson clutch plates, and a new OEM clutch cable. I also replaced the rear wheel bearings/retainer, put on a new back tire, tube, and motion pro lite-loc bead lock. In the picture are the old number plates. I haven't put on the new ones with the second set of background yet.

I did a crappy job using microsoft paint to block out my name. I will take some better pictures outside when the weather cooperates or I actually get to ride.

Waiting for my rear fender kit to come in.

Next on the list........Ride!

Still waiting on the rear fender kit to come in...
Some practice footage
http://youtu.be/by0AaHkSAQs

http://youtu.be/pJYTFImATlk

http://youtu.be/elGzsmcJYGg

Screen Shot

a short video of my tweaking my wrist ...
http://youtu.be/2f-qWmFmzGA

riding at a practice track w/a buddy
http://youtu.be/jegZ8XdXz3M

Derped the rims to see how much my bike can melt my heart with black rims. Didn't hold up well so I peeled it all off.

Any updated shot of the 125...

I picked up a used 450 this is how she looked when I brought her home...

This is how she looks now..
Old 04-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #2
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome thread! the picture of the bike stripped i can see where it looks like you polished the frame! I spent hours polishing the frame on my 2000 Cr250, looked awesome but after 2 minutes on the track it was messed up haha.

I have to admit you have that bike looking pretty and i bet it runs like a champ! Im gonna steal your idea about the helmets, i have a few of the thrashed helmets laying around

Honda FTW
Old 04-19-2011, 08:36 AM   #3
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah, polishing the frame is definitely not worth it. it's good for pictures, but that's it.

this friday i'm going to the track, so hopefully i can get some good video footage of it screaming. if i get my new helmet in the mail (no tracking # wtf?) before i goto the track it will be on the helmet, if not it will be trackside and shaky. i don't want to waste a mount on the old helmet.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:51 AM   #4
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mx SuperFly 25 View Post
yeah, polishing the frame is definitely not worth it. it's good for pictures, but that's it.

this friday i'm going to the track, so hopefully i can get some good video footage of it screaming. if i get my new helmet in the mail (no tracking # wtf?) before i goto the track it will be on the helmet, if not it will be trackside and shaky. i don't want to waste a mount on the old helmet.
Yea I used to only polish before a race Now i dont really give a hoot about how it looks as long as she starts haha.

What kinda helmet did you get? I just got a set of the new Fox gear and the v3 helmet is crazy light.

Edit: I always order off of motorsportsoutlet.com they are quick on shipping and have great prices... my Excels were on backorder for like 6 months tho
Old 04-19-2011, 09:09 AM   #5
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Nice bike! was that the first top end you've done on the bike? You're gonna be amazed how much better it runs now.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:56 AM   #6
Adrenaline Addict

woody- i ordered a TLD air in pulse red.. i heard good things about it and i love the paint... i went through bto.. gotta killer deal..
http://www.troyleedesigns.com/produc...at=32&id=15030

steve- the top end was done twice before, but my friend's father did it for me. i was 15 or 16 at the time, this was the first time i've done it myself. but when he did the top end i don't think he decarbonized the rc valve, b/c the carbon on it was brutal
Old 04-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mx SuperFly 25 View Post
woody- i ordered a TLD air in pulse red.. i heard good things about it and i love the paint... i went through bto.. gotta killer deal..
http://www.troyleedesigns.com/produc...at=32&id=15030

steve- the top end was done twice before, but my friend's father did it for me. i was 15 or 16 at the time, this was the first time i've done it myself. but when he did the top end i don't think he decarbonized the rc valve, b/c the carbon on it was brutal
yeah you gotta clean all that out, and the honda's RC valve is definitely known for not working as well as the other non cable ones when dirty.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:31 PM   #8
Adrenaline Addict

as an update, b/c i have a gopro hd and windows vista without a video editting program, i can't upload any videos onto youtube or vimeo or metacafe.. when i get the time i will upload it from a friend's computer...
Old 07-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #9
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ahh..the joys of a 2 smoker..I remember my 01 CR..

I bought it for $15xx..sold it for $15xx two years later
Attached Thumbnails
2001 Honda CR125, yes 2001-dsc_0298.jpg  
Old 07-07-2011, 07:43 AM   #10
Adrenaline Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
Ahh..the joys of a 2 smoker..I remember my 01 CR..

I bought it for $15xx..sold it for $15xx two years later
that's a good investment. i like the graphics too.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:52 AM   #11
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
more pics of the 954!!
Old 07-07-2011, 08:00 AM   #12
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
sweet bike you got there man!

i have a 07 crf450r.

i have been racing since a little kid. but im starting to get out of it cause of injuries..

what class did you race in?

track or desert? which do you like better?
Old 07-07-2011, 08:01 AM   #13
Adrenaline Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
more pics of the 954!!
i can't find many of the bike before i laid it down, they are on my other computer..

before.

after.

result. broken femur.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:11 AM   #14
Adrenaline Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
sweet bike you got there man!

i have a 07 crf450r.

i have been racing since a little kid. but im starting to get out of it cause of injuries..

what class did you race in?

track or desert? which do you like better?
thanks. if money wasn't an option i would have a big four stroke, they are nice!

i raced from ages 10-17. now i'm 26. i just got back into it last year but i've only been doing practices.. less pressure to do stupid things i guess. if i were to race i'd hop in 250C for a few then prob 250B or +25B. up here in PA we only have the option to ride motocross or hare scrambles, no desert. i have more fun on the mx track than the h.s. track..

stay safe on it!
Old 10-24-2011, 10:07 PM   #15
Adrenaline Addict

Video added on 10/25/11. It has no music and is straight footage, lame. Next one will be editted and have some music.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:01 AM   #16
Adrenaline Addict

Crash video added 10/26/11
Old 02-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #17
Enduromatic is a splendid one to beholdEnduromatic is a splendid one to beholdEnduromatic is a splendid one to beholdEnduromatic is a splendid one to beholdEnduromatic is a splendid one to beholdEnduromatic is a splendid one to beholdEnduromatic is a splendid one to beholdEnduromatic is a splendid one to behold
Name: matt
Enduromatic's Tacoma Gallery
ahh the fresh scent of smoke I love smokers!!!! I have a ktm 300 rite now excellent enduro racer!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #18
Adrenaline Addict

After a long time I added some pictures
Old 06-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #19
Adrenaline Addict

added a video
Old 08-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #20
Adrenaline Addict

added video to first page