Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

87 dodge d100, what i had b4 my taco

Old 07-13-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
Rhino is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
Rhino's Tacoma Gallery
87 dodge d100, what i had b4 my taco

this belonged to my great great grandfather and was given to me the day i got my license as my truck so i started workin.
as it sits now it has
3 inch body lift
265/60/17 nitto terra grapplers
17 in vision 875 warrior rims
uws toolbox
camo seatcover and steering wheel cover
dodge floormats
flowmaster 40 series exhaust
when i got the truck it had 58000 miles, a wrecked door, no grille, and been sitting up for about 3 years so it needed a good tune up, we put the lift on and repainted the fame, i got a ebay grile, i bought a door which still isnt on, i replaced the fuel filter, passenger side weatherstripping, winsheild, plugs and plug wires, replaced the winshield wiper motor, and got a buddy of my dads that owns a mechanic shop to fix the air conditoner and rebuild the carb, i also added a walmart console and got my flowmasters installed around this time. now it needs something fixed on the starter i cant remember exactly what, it could probably do for a complete hose replacement but i dont have the money right now, and it needs painting and a big dent in the side needs fixing due to some idiot who cant drive plowing into me in a oldsmobile
as she sits today

old rims

new ones (sorry for the dirt been to busy cleanin my tacoma)

body lift

flowmaster

seat cover

floor mats

the bad door (soon to be gone)

the dent in the side

the console

i dont have any pics of the day i got it but it had green moss growing on it, i washed this off and cleaned it up real good, i do have a few pics of the process of installing the lift somewhere i'll have to find though, my plans are to finish my taco build then start building this up to pull a camper while looking good, i'll add the old camper shell back on, do the body work (probably just gonna bondo that dent in the side), then hit up my girlfriends dad for a paint job, i also gotta build some front bumper brackets since the lift didnt include them, wire up some electronic brakes, redo all the upholstery, install a cb, fake autozone diamond plate rocker panel, and get her goin strong as she was in 87 this is gonna be a slow build though since i dont need it right now and im not gonna need it for bout 2 or 3 more years when it comes to camper pullin and since my taco comes first
Old 07-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #2

Rhino's Tacoma Gallery
i forgot to put this yesterday but i installed a sony head unit in it as soon as i got it, but now the antenna went bad so it'll need to be replaced and i found those pics of us paintin the frame b4 installing the body lift. you can tell the frame was in good shape b4, sorry for the crappy pics its all i had

before

after
Old 07-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #4
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
That is a cool old school truck! I like how she still wears the longram hood ornament nobody around here likes Dodges BUT there was a time when they turned out some reliable toughass haulers like yours-and that 318? the battle proven tank of all Dodge v8s. They stuck that motor in so many of their workhorses.. vans, pickups, even found its way into some of their cars including the fullsize ones like the Monaco. It went into big ol' Power Wagons and the occasional towtruck or reefervan!That motor could yank any vehicle around any size, tow, haul, you name it. I bet it's a blast to fire up and cruise. Thanks for showing it.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #5
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
The 318 that later became the 5.2 in fuel-injected form was the slightly enlarged version of the original LA-block Chrysler engine. The original was 273 c.i. (4.5 L) introduced in 1964. Also in the same engine family: the 340 (late 60's-early 70's), 360 (late 60's to early 2000's as 5.9), the 3.9 V6 (a 5.2 with 2cyl chopped off) and the 488 V-10 (iron block in trucks, aluminum block in Viper and other special applications).

Good heritage in that engine.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #6

Rhino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
The 318 that later became the 5.2 in fuel-injected form was the slightly enlarged version of the original LA-block Chrysler engine. The original was 273 c.i. (4.5 L) introduced in 1964. Also in the same engine family: the 340 (late 60's-early 70's), 360 (late 60's to early 2000's as 5.9), the 3.9 V6 (a 5.2 with 2cyl chopped off) and the 488 V-10 (iron block in trucks, aluminum block in Viper and other special applications).

Good heritage in that engine.
i know man i love it. it just needs a good tune up from sittin up for a few years. that engine is all stock except for matinence stuff