Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

csuviper's Junktrk (84 Yota Pickup) Build

Old 08-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #21
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boomtacoma01's Tacoma Gallery
Nice start, keep up the progress.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:26 AM   #22
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery
Hub Completed, except for one stupid bolt that decided to break. Not sure how I am going to get it out. I have had bad luck with using the reverse thread bolt extractors.

Also got the power steering pump installed.

Side project in the works as well. Need to figure out where and how im going to mount. Thinking two in the 07 and one in the 84 for now.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:35 AM   #23
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
subscribed

nice work man!
Old 08-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #25
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
I want one of those roll bars so bad! Nice looking 84!
This is my friends, I think it's an 86? Little to busy for my with the body lift and and stuff.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #26
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hood cowl is cool but reminds me too much of a ranger. Badass truck though.
I really wish I had the sun roof. Maybe I will cut one out next year, lol.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:43 AM   #27
Tundra FTMFW

I took my radiator in to get cleaned up.
Started like this:

And ended up nice and clean and freshly painted:
Old 08-17-2011, 07:16 AM   #28
Tundra FTMFW

Well getting ready to add the fluids. I bought enough for two full fill ups on the diff gear oil, engine oil and coolant. My plan is to run it for about a week (test run, couple trips to work, etc) and put some seafoam cleaner in the fuel and oil for the last couple days. I will then change out all the fluids again and check for any problems. I will change out the tranny and rear axle gear oil as time permits. The brakes will get new fluid as well since I had to disconnect and drain the lines.
Is there anything else that I should do?

Getting close:

Had to drill out the diff drain plug and beat it off (kinda left that for last). But cleaned and flushed and filled her up.

Used a bolt removal tool to get the broken bolt out of the hub. What was weird about the whole thing is I used a spare matching bolt and the second one broke. I was only trying to get to the recomended torque of only 9ft-lbs. I decided not to torque the 3rd bolt to that torque again. The only thing that I can think of is that there is a burr that is slicing the screw, or ironically two bolts that were week in the same spot.

Finally this weekend I cleaned out the interior to get it ready. I painted a couple of the plastic trim pieces black (still have a few to go). I need to paint the rocker and the door. Still debating on the material for the door panel but that's another discussion.

Found some stupid ford speakers in the back. Decided that those had to go.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #29
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
getting real close
Old 08-18-2011, 10:14 PM   #30
Tundra FTMFW

So I am getting ready to start looking for material for the interior door panels. So which should I build? Wanting cheap and easy and stylish.
- Black Plastic
- Aluminum sheet metal
- Aluminum diamond plate
- Leather with Wood or cardboard backing for support
- Fabric with Wood or cardboard backing for support
- Replica OEM or used OEM

I'm really thinking the aluminum sheet metal looks the best but not sure about the flimsiness of it.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:41 AM   #31
KBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (DD-214), 3d Marine Division
Name: Kurt
KBToyota's Tacoma Gallery
I have looked at those aluminum ones for my 90'. might be loud as hell though, turn the door into a big ass snare drum. I dont think it would be flimsy, through a few rivets in as needed.
I still have my OEM panels so I may try to re-purp those.

If you go diamond plate or sheet metal I want to hear how they turn out.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:48 AM   #32
EndlessSummer is just really niceEndlessSummer is just really niceEndlessSummer is just really niceEndlessSummer is just really nice

Name: Jason
EndlessSummer's Tacoma Gallery
I'll admit I didn't read anything I just came for the boobs
Old 08-19-2011, 05:54 AM   #33
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-19-2011, 06:25 AM   #34
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
I personally like the OEM panels best.

Great build tho! Keep up the good work!!
Old 08-22-2011, 07:55 AM   #35
Tundra FTMFW

Really wanted to get JUNKTRK started up this weekend. I put the oil and coolant in. Ended up with a coolant leak because I missed a hose connection. Wasted most the day Sunday fixing the E-brake and installing new drum brake pads.

Painted the center console

Cut the arm to the rear brake load sensing purportioning valve and added adjustment to it from the top. This way I can actually have rear brakes.

Added brackets to the e-brake cable connections to avoid the leaf springs and the shock. Now I can park on slopes.

[IMG]

Finished the rear drum brakes so i decided to put the tires back on. Wow, forgot how big this thing is.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:22 PM   #36
Tundra FTMFW

GOT IT RUNNING TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started up rough, played with the distributor to get the timing right but the idle was really rough any lower than 1100-1200 RPM. Suspecting it has to do with the carb so my awesome friend is taking my spare carb home to rebuild it tomorrow (purchased the kit a while back).
Took it for a quick little test drive since it was late. Rides high and bumpy with the knobby tires but AWESOME. Can't wait to get to the mountains.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:11 AM   #37
Tundra FTMFW

The beast is alive
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-23-2011, 07:18 AM   #39
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
hell yea!!!! now let's go break it!

haha