LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

csuviper's Junktrk (84 Yota Pickup) Build

Old 08-23-2011, 07:24 AM   #41
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery
I am planning on getting emissions this week. Then drive it to work all next week and do a full change of fluids before the weekend. The following weekend will be its maiden voyage
(Labor Day weekend). Anyone is welcome to join us at Camp Dick/Middle St. Vrain for some wheeling, fishing, camping, drinking and fun that weekend.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:56 AM   #42
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by csuviper View Post
I am planning on getting emissions this week. Then drive it to work all next week and do a full change of fluids before the weekend. The following weekend will be its maiden voyage
(Labor Day weekend). Anyone is welcome to join us at Camp Dick/Middle St. Vrain for some wheeling, fishing, camping, drinking and fun that weekend.

bad weekend for me...got my cousin coming in town and hitting up concerts all weekend...i was looking forward to seeing it hit up the trails though

hope to see it on the trail before the winter kicks in
Old 08-23-2011, 08:35 AM   #43
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yea, we can all plan a weekend after Labor Day. I will get a feel for the truck and gain some confidence in it (test its limits) over labor day weekend. Easy trail but its a good starting point.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:37 PM   #44
Tundra FTMFW

My nice friend helped out by taking the extra carb home to rebuild it for me with all new O-rings and needle/seat. We are planning to put it back together today and fingers crossed it will be running like a champ.
Also going to Seafoam the fuel system and then gas it up with some good stuff.
Couple more things to do before taking it in for emissions.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #45
Tundra FTMFW

Put the rebuilt carb on and 3 hours later it was timed. Ran like crap at first. The carb needed adjusted and the it the distributor was defiantly off a tooth or two.
Also had to deal with the gas running out and the battery going dead a couple times.

Took it for a nice ride on a very rutted out dirt road. It ran great.

There is a bad rattle when slowing down, thinking something with the front brakes.
I didn't do the rear main seal as a part of this rebuild and its leaking a little. I will get to that over the winter. Just want to get it to the mountains now.

The rear definitely has a locker. The wheels squeal around every corner if I give it some gas. I also was able to put it in 4low and make it up the driveway without touching the throttle. The rear axle will be pulled apart and checked this winter as well.

Going to try to get the emissions done in the next couple days. Wish me luck.
I need to swap out wheels with my 07 because the emissions place doesn't accept 35's. I hope they work.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:59 AM   #46
Tundra FTMFW

I got the cheep bedliner all painted in the bed of the truck.
Here is the halfway point on cleaning up the paint

Almost Done

Painted the Roll Bar with the spray on bedliner. Looks good.

Took the truck in for emissions this weekend too. Had to put the 33's from my '07 on the back because they didn't take anything larger than 33's. Looks kinda goofy but it worked.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:00 AM   #47
Tundra FTMFW

Old 09-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #48
Tundra FTMFW

The invitation still remains for my camping trip this weekend.
As of now there will be 4 of us guys in two cralwers (MadIrish’s 81 and my 84) and possibly a couple in a 2010 Tacoma. MadIrish’s rig actually depends on if he can find a tow rig or a tow package in time.

A couple of friends are meeting me at my house at 5:30am and then we are meeting at MadIrish’s at 6am on Saturday. We should be up to the trail around 8 or 8:30am. After the unloading the 81 and airing down we will be ready to hit the trail around 9am or so. You probably don’t want to follow us up because my truck will be very slow up the mountain with the low gearing and 4cyl. If you are still in, meeting us around 8:30am at the trailhead would be best.

Anyone is welcome to join us for a day of wheeling and fishing or staying for the camping. Meet at the Middle Saint Vrain trailhead at 8:30am. The trailhead is just through the Camp Dick Campground. Google "Camp Dick" to find the location. We will plan to hit the trail around 9:00 to find a camping spot. If you let me know that you will be there I will wait a little for you before hitting the trail. Cell service is very limited up there.

Anyone that comes has to take a ride with MadIrish in his rig. It is such a blast. He definitely knows where the skinny pedal is!
Old 09-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #49
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There is a bad rattle when slowing down, thinking something with the front brakes.
I didn't do the rear main seal as a part of this rebuild and its leaking a little. I will get to that over the winter. Just want to get it to the mountains now.
Curious as to what you find out about the rattle. My 93 did that as well occasionally when I was coming to a stop.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:57 PM   #50
Tundra FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
Curious as to what you find out about the rattle. My 93 did that as well occasionally when I was coming to a stop.
It was actually the exhaust pipe rattling on the tow package. Fixed that problem though, cut the exhaust back. Must have just got a vibration when slowing but smooth when driving. It is better now.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #51
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It was actually the exhaust pipe rattling on the tow package. Fixed that problem though, cut the exhaust back. Must have just got a vibration when slowing but smooth when driving. It is better now.
interesting! Never thought about that. I bet one of the hangers was broke on mine.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:15 PM   #52
Tundra FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
interesting! Never thought about that. I bet one of the hangers was broke on mine.
Also found out that the dust shield on the front third member was bent so it would rub when spinning. It was just louder at slower speeds.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:22 PM   #53
Tundra FTMFW

Took the truck out for the first time since I purchased and rebuilt the engine and axle. I hit up the Middle St. Vrain and Coney Flats trail. Not the hardest trail but allowed me to get used to the new truck and test its abilities. I had a blast on the trails. Found out that Junktrk is a very capable trail rig. I drove it to the trail and drove it home, no problem. The truck does need new shocks.
Here are some of the pics from the trip. Videos to come.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #54
Tundra FTMFW

Here are a couple videos from the trip. Next time I will lower the air pressure a little more. Had it at about 15psi, tire flexed well around rocks but was still a little too bouncy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DAh989gtVQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YpBWAPbDGw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x8VlhX_sPE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AudBH9gVDXE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGPiltzd41A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DezYlXllqlA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydIvpOF2WmA
Old 09-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #55
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
I love the truck... and love the commentary!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:50 AM   #56
Tundra FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamikez View Post
I love the truck... and love the commentary!
Yea my friends are crazy.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:00 AM   #57
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck and build! my dad had an '83 and that thing was a tank!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:02 AM   #58
Tundra FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
nice truck and build! my dad had an '83 and that thing was a tank!
Thanks. Yea I like the rounded body style of the 83. My friends 81 is the same, definitely a tank.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:48 AM   #59
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Subed sweet truck man, looks like a good build
Old 09-06-2011, 09:14 AM   #60
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build! Subb'd, can't wait to see how it turns out once you're all done. More bewbz would be great too from time to time!

Products Discussed in this Thread