Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

luxes 1986 Toyota

Old 04-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #241
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceline08 View Post
Nice build! Don't forget to swap oil pans from the 22r to the 22re and change the sump.. 4x4 is front sump to clear the front axle and 2wd is rear sump. Sump I mean oil pickup.
Do you have and efi gas tank lined up or are you going to run an external pump for the fuel injection?
Nice build

Brett
I already swaped pans and oil pickups. I plan on using the efi tank from the 2wd I'm not sure how or where I'm going to mount it though, I'm thinking maybe under the toolbox through the floor possibably??? I don't know yet and I'm not gonna worry about it till I get the electrical done

On a side note does anyone know where I can get a complete wiring diagram for the 2wd on the internet for free??
Old 04-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #242
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Have you swapped in an sr5 cluster for your dash with the tach and speedo volt gauge etc? I know with my 84' pickup now sold it just had the speedo in the middle and idiot light gauges .
I know the fuel gauge has to match the fuel tank. I had to buy one for my 85'long bed a bit ago, if I had a different tank set up or if I put in a sending unit out of a short bed compared to my long bed the gauge would not read accurately cause of the different fuel tank size.
Also 4x4 tanks are deeper than 2wd so that will play a part in the gauge saying its full or half empty.
If ya do care about all the anal stuff like me them rock on!! Just for your info.

Thanks

Brett
Old 04-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #243
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
anyway heres pics of the swap so far

pic of the doner (btw ill have this complete truck minus the engine, wiring harness, and fuel system for part out soon if anyone is interested in parts)

pulled the 22r again for the last time and striped the engine bay of all the 86 wiring harness and charcoal canister and other crap i wont need

pulled the tranny and cleaned it up alil just because its the only driveterrain part that hasnt been pulled and cleaned

cleaned and painted the tranny crossmember

wait a minute a 22RE???? thats not suppose to be in there

getting some of the wiring together and ready to go in

^thats about 1/6th of the wiring harness that needs to be swapped in

in

pretty much it so far, hoping to get alot more done this week and im hoping to have everything wired up and working within the month so stay tuned kiddies.
wow! What a job! Nice work!
Old 04-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #244
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceline08 View Post
Have you swapped in an sr5 cluster for your dash with the tach and speedo volt gauge etc? I know with my 84' pickup now sold it just had the speedo in the middle and idiot light gauges .
I know the fuel gauge has to match the fuel tank. I had to buy one for my 85'long bed a bit ago, if I had a different tank set up or if I put in a sending unit out of a short bed compared to my long bed the gauge would not read accurately cause of the different fuel tank size.
Also 4x4 tanks are deeper than 2wd so that will play a part in the gauge saying its full or half empty.
If ya do care about all the anal stuff like me them rock on!! Just for your info.

Thanks

Brett
no i didnt swap in a sr5 cluster, but i did do something a bit different, something i havnt seen done before
Old 04-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
I hate wiring!
oh my god you have no idea how much i hate it now. my gauges arent working and my lights that light up my gauges dont work, ive been studying some wiring diagrams and i think ive got it narrowed down but im not sure where the prob could be

oh btw the engines gotta come back apart something inside is touching when its not suppose to
Old 05-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #248

.......she.........

is.......................
.........................ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #251

still have alot to do though but im just happy shes alive and started on the first try really. after the fuel system was pressurized