luxes 1986 Toyota

Old 07-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #21
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
you should import the taco, youll get all kinds of looks over there
Way too big. Way to impractical to drive. Especially with only getting 20 MPG in a place where gas is $8 a gal.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #23
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
& the steering wheel is on the wrong side...
Exactly.

I've got a couple years to get everything in order though.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:39 PM   #24
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Way too big. Way to impractical to drive. Especially with only getting 20 MPG in a place where gas is $8 a gal.
you get 20??? im lucky to get 17
Old 08-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #25
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

moved to first post
Old 08-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #26
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boomtacoma01's Tacoma Gallery
Hell man I like it. Great job on being persistent
Old 08-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #27
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good! I really like that you left a silver ring around the wheels, compliments it nicely!
Old 08-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomtacoma01 View Post
Hell man I like it. Great job on being persistent
this truck really means alot to me. it has way more sentimental value to me than anything i own so yea im most definitely gonna get it running no matter what needs to be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope953 View Post
Looking good! I really like that you left a silver ring around the wheels, compliments it nicely!
i think it looks amazing, i liked it soo much i did the same thing to my taco

Old 08-22-2011, 08:57 PM   #29
XMF - Extreme Mexican Food fo Life!
fajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud of

Name: Lee
fajitas21's Tacoma Gallery
This is my favorite truck on the site. It's got a good story behind it.

By the way, wood bed was a great move, it's got a classic look. Love it.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:15 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by fajitas21 View Post
This is my favorite truck on the site. It's got a good story behind it.

By the way, wood bed was a great move, it's got a classic look. Love it.
really??? why?

the only problem i see with the bed is i use it as a hunting vehicle mostly and i need to find a way to keep blood from soaking into the wood
Old 08-24-2011, 09:39 AM   #31
XMF - Extreme Mexican Food fo Life!
fajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud of

Name: Lee
fajitas21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
really??? why?
I love my 2011 TRD Sport DC Tacoma. It's got a crap ton of features that are comfortable, it's got power, and I get good MPG.

But I didn't do anything to get it to do that.

I'm more proud of the custom cabinets and desks I've built than my Tacoma, those are mine. I just bought this truck, you built yours.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:08 AM   #33
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Diggin the story, the sentimentality, the results.......that's because I had a 27yr 500k mile love affair with a pretaco 22r myself. It ended up like this in 2009 before going Tacoma........

BTW, would you be interested in a new 22R RV cam and new springs? This one doesn't fuck up the idle. Got more 22R parts too. Cam/springs were never installed. PM for more pics if interested.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:13 AM   #34
SoftShellTaco is just really niceSoftShellTaco is just really niceSoftShellTaco is just really niceSoftShellTaco is just really niceSoftShellTaco is just really nice

Air Force: Tactical Aircraft Maintainer
Name: Justin
SoftShellTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gov875 View Post
great build despite all the issues! love the wood bed, i'd just sand it and seal it with some wood sealer like Thompsons or whatever they have at your hardware store to keep blood/guts/water etc from seeping in. May need to redo it every year or two but it should bead up nicely and not ruin your bed.

^^^This!

I love the Toyota Pickups especially for our area(southeast) they hold their value well and they hold up well. Yours had taken a hit but you have resurrected quite nicely!
Old 09-18-2011, 10:49 PM   #35

future plans: (in order)
- complete 22re swap with 22re wiring harness (current 22r has way more power than before the rebuild but it smokes like a bitch and its having trouble starting)
- bed bob
- SAS with a toy axle (84 or a 85)
- 4-5 inch lift
- 35's
- maybe dual t cases
- new stereo and cb
- new paint (olive drab, orange, dark gray)???
- plate bumper and a xrc8 winch
- sliders
- rear tube bumper
Old 10-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #37
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #38
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
come to cali, i'll sell you my 22re.
one day i'm building a 22r.... .30 over, 234/262 cam, hd springs, lifters, etc..
probably a 38 web or maybe even a 40 sidedraft if I can bump compression up some.

it's gonna scream!! and only cost me like $1100 to do lol

cool build though, good job on fixing her up!
Old 12-09-2011, 07:12 PM   #39

good news everybody!!!!!!!!! the 86 will be getting a 85 parts truck with a RUNNING 22r again

dose anyone know how hard is it to swap over a single cab long bed to a extended cab short bed frame?
Old 12-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post

dose anyone know how hard is it to swap over a single cab long bed to a extended cab short bed frame?