Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

luxes 1986 Toyota

Old 12-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #41
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
good news everybody!!!!!!!!! the 86 will be getting a 85 parts truck with a RUNNING 22r again

dose anyone know how hard is it to swap over a single cab long bed to a extended cab short bed frame?
Blake,
If it helps I have a pic of an 87 extended cab with the bed off in my gallery...
Also in my build:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...o-s-build.html

I don't see why it would not work, they have the same frame right?
Old 12-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #42
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Blake,
If it helps I have a pic of an 87 extended cab with the bed off in my gallery...
Also in my build:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...o-s-build.html

I don't see why it would not work, they have the same frame right?
it should be the same length but im looking at the cab and bed mounts not being different but im not sure
Old 12-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #44
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Regardless, I'm rooting for you.

oh and judging from your pics it looks different, but i guess ill look closer when i get the 2 side by side

but its no big deal if there totally different i just thought that be easer to do instead of a sas
Old 01-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #45

Old 01-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #46
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I want an old toyota like this to restore
Old 01-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty 06 4x4 View Post
then get one
i just picked this one up for 400 dollars yesterday (running 22r, solid axles front and rear, good tranny and transfer case) i can easily make my money back on the drivetrain alone
Old 01-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #48
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
then get one
i just picked this one up for 400 dollars yesterday (running 22r, solid axles front and rear, good tranny and transfer case) i can easily make my money back on the drivetrain alone
You can make 75% back on the front axle alone..$300 if it doesn't need a rebuild on knuckles
rear axle ain't worth shit cuz it's sa rear axle..$75 max
22r = $300
sa truck = L52 in it..transmission is worth $125..maybe $150
case depending if it's top shift or forward shift..top shift is $125, forward shift is $100
Old 01-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #49
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
good news everybody!!!!!!!!! the 86 will be getting a 85 parts truck with a RUNNING 22r again

dose anyone know how hard is it to swap over a single cab long bed to a extended cab short bed frame?
Nothing a plasma and a welder can't fix!!!

It won't line up though, btw.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
You can make 75% back on the front axle alone..$300 if it doesn't need a rebuild on knuckles
rear axle ain't worth shit cuz it's sa rear axle..$75 max
22r = $300
sa truck = L52 in it..transmission is worth $125..maybe $150
case depending if it's top shift or forward shift..top shift is $125, forward shift is $100
front axle needs rebuilt but i done care cause im keeping it (SAS)
rear axle i dont really need but if the gears arent 4.10"s then its getting swapped in the 86 housing
22r is getting cleaned up and swapped in the 86
its a g52 tranny (according to the tag on the firewall)
t case is idont know because i do not know how to tell the difference between to two
Old 01-17-2012, 07:46 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty 06 4x4 View Post
i actually picked this one up in canton ga
and you should buy whats left of my 84
Old 01-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #52
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #53
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i actually picked this one up in canton ga
and you should buy whats left of my 84
I used to live in Canton.

Nice build. I love the older yotas. Just SAS'd my 87 4runner and we have done a lot of work to my dads 85.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #54
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
How the fuck have I not found this thread before now?

Real builds are damned rare here. Nice work, looking forward to seeing it finished. If I still lived closer, I'd help you wrench it...but I don't
Old 01-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco76087 View Post
I used to live in Canton.

Nice build. I love the older yotas. Just SAS'd my 87 4runner and we have done a lot of work to my dads 85.

what kinda lift you got going on here?

looks perfect
Old 01-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #56
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Both axles from the donor open diff?
Old 01-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
How the fuck have I not found this thread before now?

Real builds are damned rare here. Nice work, looking forward to seeing it finished. If I still lived closer, I'd help you wrench it...but I don't
maybe you need to spend less time with your family/ having a real life and spend more time looking for real builds on tacoma world

MOVE CLOSER DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im gonna try to have it finished by the next uwharee trip
Old 01-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Both axles from the donor open diff?
yes but im locking the donors third and swaping it in the 86 housing and keeping the front third open.......for now

eventually the 86 third and the front donor third will get arb lockers and 5.29"s but for now it wont because that shits expensive
Old 01-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #59
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

what kinda lift you got going on here?

looks perfect
thanks man

Up front I have no idea what they are seem like 3" rough country or something they came off the 85 we have. The rear are some pro comp springs that are 3" I think. Then I have 5" shackles in the front and 3" shackles in the rear.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:56 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco76087 View Post
thanks man

Up front I have no idea what they are seem like 3" rough country or something they came off the 85 we have. The rear are some pro comp springs that are 3" I think. Then I have 5" shackles in the front and 3" shackles in the rear.
hows that beast at flexing