Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Pre Tacoma Help

Old 09-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
alexretama is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
alexretama's Tacoma Gallery
Pre Tacoma Help

Im getting ready to give my 89 toyota pickup to my little brother.. It hasnt been off road in a loooong looong time and I was hoping the good people of TW could guide me into getting the 4wd back into shape.. it works but its noisy and drags the hell out of the truck.. besides changing the fluid, what should I do?

Thanks guys
Old 09-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
Diverse-Customs.com
Yodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
Yodaforce's Tacoma Gallery
Change the fluid and drive it. It's ALWAYS a good idea to actually engage the 4wd occasionally just to keep things lubed and functioning properly. Too many people out there driving 4wd's that have never been in 4wd. They can encounter surprises when they actually try to use it. Not a good time to figure it out. Same with a/c in the winter time. Unless you have the a/c/defrost function that automatically kicks on the compressor in full defrost mode, you should occasionally turn on the a/c compressor to keep the system functioning. Sorry to get off of the 4wd question at hand.