1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pre Tacoma Help

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by alexretama, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Sep 21, 2011 at 4:41 PM
    alexretama

alexretama [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Long Beach, CA
    Im getting ready to give my 89 toyota pickup to my little brother.. It hasnt been off road in a loooong looong time and I was hoping the good people of TW could guide me into getting the 4wd back into shape.. it works but its noisy and drags the hell out of the truck.. besides changing the fluid, what should I do?

Thanks guys

2. Sep 21, 2011 at 5:29 PM
    Yodaforce

Yodaforce Diverse-Customs.com

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Western NC
    Vehicle:
    01 S-Runner (Arrghh! The Black Pearl)
    Simple Drop (3")
    Change the fluid and drive it. It's ALWAYS a good idea to actually engage the 4wd occasionally just to keep things lubed and functioning properly. Too many people out there driving 4wd's that have never been in 4wd. They can encounter surprises when they actually try to use it. Not a good time to figure it out. Same with a/c in the winter time. Unless you have the a/c/defrost function that automatically kicks on the compressor in full defrost mode, you should occasionally turn on the a/c compressor to keep the system functioning. Sorry to get off of the 4wd question at hand.

Products Discussed in

To Top