Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

My yz250 build

Old 09-29-2011, 03:11 PM   #1
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My yz250 build

I saw some else put there dirt bike here so I couldn't resist.
2005 yz250
Bike started life (with me) last year when I picked her up used in California.

she stayed that way for a while until things took a turn for the worse.New top end went boom. Cracked the piston skirt off, caused by a bad crank/ bearings.
So after a complete wiesco rebuild. Everything was replaced, I even rebuilt the shocks.

I got bored of the look so, I upgraded.

I then resprung it for my weight and picked up some fancy suspension subtanks.(awesome, I eat rocks with my front forks now)

So far Ive left alone for a while but ill be getting a new pipe soon.

Heres my list of upgrades/parts
Eric gorr porting and head mods
full wiesco engine
Subtanks
Re valved for mx/woods
Black wheels with blue hubs
Aftermarket reeds
Cryca pro bend hand guards
2010 450 fender
Red bull graphics
2006 number plate
o ring chain
renthal sprocket
9oz fww
carbon fiber chain guide
works connection skid plate
alot of powder coated/ anodized parts

I think thats all
Old 09-29-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery

can you explain what these are?? keep the oil cooler like a resi?

sick bike btw.

what made you choose 2 stroke over 4 stroke?
Old 09-29-2011, 03:17 PM   #3
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.framebreakerracing.com/
"Quality that is guaranteed! Is your suspension as good as it can be?
If not, you may want to check out our FVO System. A subtank system that requires no drilling or any other modification to your forks. It's no secret, that our suspensions are limited to how well our forks are working. Since, the shock can easily be adjusted to out perform the forks, we all have been limited to how plush the entire bike can be. Now, with the help of our FVO System, you can actually have forks plush enough to get the most out of your shock. You will no longer be limited to "It's as good as I can get it". Instead it will be " It's as good as I want it." Not only does the FVO System fit behind the number plate without the use of zip ties, it is the first and only 100% maintenance free, no drill system with a total weight of 9 ounces on the market.
The FVO System uses an exclusive rebound by-pass valve, for a no surprise, no compromise performance. Other systems claim to be engineered to have a "Buffer", when in fact the so called "Buffer" is one of the major flaws that we have engineered out of the subtanks performance. Our system will work on any fork design, twin chamber or open bath types. Our system is engineered to control the air spring characteristic, that every fork has. All this means, you will have the plushest fork action possible, with no harsh buffering affects.
Why settle for 20 year old technology for your late model equipment? A new design, for newly designed forks."

It basicly makes the forks stiffer as you speed up and softer when you go slow. Speed sensitive, I love them.

I choose 2-strokes for 3 main reasons. fun factor, cheaper maintenance, and easy to repair. 4 pokes just are boring to me, no hit
Old 10-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
sweet bike!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #5
Petrol head

thanks man!