Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Build to come '40 Chrysler

Old 10-09-2011, 07:08 AM   #1
Just a guy.
hitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Veteran
Name: Chris
hitmans.army's Tacoma Gallery
Build in progress.

Along with what I will be doing on my Tacoma, I also have a lot of work planned for my '40. A stack of parts for it sits along with the parts for my Tacoma.
12v EZ-Wiring 18 (black wire kit)
Everything needed for 6v Neg to 12v Pos conversion
Alarm system
Power door locks
Power window kit
Power trunk lock
Battery relocate kit
Optima red top
Dolphin 3 3/8" quad gauge kit with 3 3/8" speedo and tach
Peep style mirrors
7" TruckLite LED headlights
Electric fan conversion

Still trying to find a header for it, but thats not looking too good and my stock exhaust manifold has a crack in it......
Pictures of the build will come once the build is started (after Tacoma build)....
Old 10-09-2011, 07:10 AM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
subbed.

how bout them pics.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:19 AM   #3
Just a guy.
hitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Had to get onto FB to get the car pics. They wanted to show up thumbnail size so I had to work em a lil bit....
Old 03-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
RockLobster1106 is just really niceRockLobster1106 is just really niceRockLobster1106 is just really niceRockLobster1106 is just really nice

RockLobster1106's Tacoma Gallery
Chris amazing looking car. How did you get your hands on her, how much did she cost?
Old 04-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #6
Just a guy.
I found her on CL when I was home from Afganistan on R&R. I paid $5700 if I remember right. Got to drive her around a bit before I went back, but the top gasket on the carb blew out so I had to park her. I had the carb sent out to me in Afghanistan where I rebuilt it and cleaned it up (got funny looks when the CSM came in my tent when I was polishing it with a dremel). I am working on having her shipped down here to AZ next month so I can start wrenching again.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #7
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
392 Hemi would be right at home in that.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #8
Just a guy.
I actually want to put a 331 Hemi in it. But for now, the original motor is running strong so she wont get a heart transplant yet.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #9
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmans.army View Post
I actually want to put a 331 Hemi in it. But for now, the original motor is running strong so she wont get a heart transplant yet.
Yeah, 331 probably an easier fit. And with a solid stock motor you have plenty of time to plan the rodding.

331 can still be had fairly reasonable..... something to wet your appetite!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331-CHRYSLER...a950ee&vxp=mtr
Old 04-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #10
Just a guy.
Yep. I think stock had 108 hp. I can roast the tires till they pop if I wanted. Only mechanical issue I have with it is that the manual overdrive doesn't always work (happened a lot with these appearently).
Old 05-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #11
Just a guy.
Well, some good and some bad. Got the car delivered, great to see her again. But, she developed a knock when my dad went to put gas in before loading her up on the truck. So, it was knocking pretty good when I drove her around and to storage (actually sounded like I spun a rod bearing). Today I went and started her up to try to pinpoint the knock using a stethoscope, and no knock other than the standard valve tick. I am going to get her out again tomorrow and see if she does it again, if not I am going to change the oil for the 3rd time in a week and thicken it up just a bit.
Also today, I pulled my new wiring kit out and started getting it divided into sections along with getting the new remote battery kit laid out. I did find out that my guages are a little too big for the original bezel. I refuse to cut into the original bezel, so I will be pulling it out and using it as a template for a drawing I will send in to have a new one made with the holes for the guages (anyone know a good inexpensive cnc shop?). Which will then be smoothed out and chromed. I still havent been able to get someone to help me remove the seats, but when I do the brackets will be shortened 3 inches to allow for the power seats to be used.
Also, since she is going be be a cruiser and there is a 90% chance of me staying in a warm climate, I am going to disconnect the heater to allow for a cleaner look without the hoses running to the firewall. All the wiring will be loomed with minimal wiring to be seen.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #12
Just a guy.
Eck, Gotta change the oil pump........ Pulling the head too to check the pistons and see if they have too much piston slap. Should be fun.