Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

InfaMOUSE's YZ250F Rebuild.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
InfaMOUSE's YZ250F Rebuild.

Latest pic:

Saw this bike in Craigslist a few months back and couldn't pass it up.

2002 YZ250F for 500.
It didn't run when I bought it.
Faded Plastics.
Looked pretty solid though.
Great compression for a 9 year old bike.

Anyway, So I brought it home, and put it up for the night.
Next morning, I set out to get it running. Picked up a new spark plug and fresh oil. Added some gas and she cranked up!

Anyway, rode it for the weekend, and then disaster struck!

Pissed at myself for missing that when I looked the bike over. But then agian I figured this would be an opportunity to go through the bike and freshen it up a little. Make it a tad more competitive for a 9 year old bike.

Took it to work and to have one of the tig guys take a shot at it... No such luck. Went and found a clean rust free frame from ebay for 200. Had planned on painting it...

Decided that if I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it sexy. Sent it in for PC.

Pretty nice color choice right?

That's where I'm at now.

Here's the goody list:

Renthal Chain/Sprockets DONE

MSR Levers DONE

Excell Rims HELL YES!

Motion Pro Titan Throttle Tube DONE

Scott Waffles DONE

Motion Pro Throttle Cable DONE

Carb Rebuild kit DONE

New Plastics

Seat Cover

Destroyed one of my pinch bolts trying to remove it. So I figure it'd be a good idea to look through ebay and pick up some used nuts and bolts for the whole bike.

Air Filter DONE

It's a little more thourough of a rebuild than I had planned, but it's proving to be a fun one!
Old 10-27-2011, 06:40 PM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
very nice, subbed
Old 10-27-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
pretty sweet. subbed for progress
Old 10-28-2011, 10:57 PM   #5
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony250 View Post
Nice, if you havent done the cam mod. Thats the best mod you can do to this bike. I did it to mine.
What is the cam mod? I have a 04 YZ450F all still new to me thanks
Old 10-28-2011, 11:02 PM   #6
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4jeep View Post
What is the cam mod? I have a 04 YZ450F all still new to me thanks
Well it only works for the 01-02 yz250fs becuase they have Manual decompression levers to start them. You swap to a 03-08 camshaft and make it start like one kick easily.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:46 PM   #7
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
Ok gotchya I did read about that on ThumperTalk.com. It seems to be the TW of dirt bikes haha
Old 10-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #9
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well for this weekend's update, I was hoping to be starting the rebuild process sometime this week. I just have to track down all my parts.

BUT

I went into NO this weekend, and someone stole the toolbox out of my truck. So I lost all of the tools I carry around and use on my bikes, plus I had my axles in there too. So thats a bummer. Can only blame myself I suppose.

I'm figuring something like 130 bucks in tools and parts.

edit: And I'm sourcing a cam right now, but for me it's not a necessity. I really don't mind the decomp lever.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #11
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 12-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #13
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Those early Yamadog 4strokes were a huge pita to start if they died.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #14
1998tacoma4x4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
1998tacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd! I also have an 02 YZ250F, and I can definitely agree that these bikes a pain to re-start after it stalls. I hate the damn de-comp lever, so I'm hoping to install a newer cam in it! Good luck on the build.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #15
Team 4Runner

Got my shit together and got some progress done on the bike with the help of my bro. Bikes been sittin since last year, so everything as a nice coat of dust.

Got the original alsmost completely torn down.

Engine's going to get a detailing before I put it back in.

Managed to get the oil lines and part of the wiring harness put back in on the new frame.

Going to get more done tonight.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #16
Team 4Runner

Got the engine and rear end put on the new frame. Changed the clutch lever and ran the oil lines. Also completely rebuilt the carb. Pretty satisfied with the Moose Rebuilt kit. Have yet to run the engine however.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:40 AM   #17
Team 4Runner

Ignore the messy work shop!

Starting to look like a bike again! Loving the way the yellow pops. Gonna hate getting it dirty!

Also got the go ahead to blow some saved cash as well to finish up the parts list!

Feeling an IMS Oversized tank in the future.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #18
Team 4Runner

MSR Levers, Renthal go fast goodies, and the new Takasagos.

Horrible iPhone pics, sorry.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #19
Team 4Runner

Moving out of my moms house to my first apartment Friday, So work's going to slow yet again for a while untill I get straight.

Also made a stop at the parts store the other day and picked up some hardware I had ordered as well as the first piece of new plastic!
Got some fuel lines, a new oil filter, and ordered a new throttle valve plate seal too.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #20
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mx SuperFly 25's Tacoma Gallery
nice! keep up the good work