Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

The 1991 240sx drift build

Old 02-12-2012, 07:08 AM   #21
s13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
s13bdafocker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03aztaco View Post
you ganna cage it from front to back?

No going to cage it sides and the front. Dropping it through the floor to 360 weld it. You should come by and check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
How u plan on getting more steering angle? Besides cutting off tha factory stops

Going to cut 1" of the steering arm on the spindle.

I have a massive update to do done a lot on the car in the last month.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:26 AM   #22
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Impressive work and knowledge of the car!
Old 02-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #24
s13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
U could also use spacers on tha rack to extend ur travel

Yeah i know but you get more with the knuckle mod.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #25
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
i know nothing about tuning, drift cars, or anything of that nature but that looks sick!
nice job
Old 02-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #26
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13bdafocker View Post
Yeah i know but you get more with the knuckle mod.
oh ok, is that just on 240s or on any car? I just started in on a 87 supra, got it completely stripped, motor pulled, wiring harness chopped, and was about to start working on steering angle myself. Its my first drift build so just getting all tha info i can
Old 04-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #27
TacoG91 is on a distinguished road

Army:
TacoG91's Tacoma Gallery
=O any updates??
Old 04-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #29
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
youre the man!
Old 04-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoG91 View Post
=O any updates??
Yes i do :0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
that tree resistant front end is hella dope!
LoL that bash bar is no more im making a new one this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamtoz View Post
youre the man!
Thanks but not really just love what i do

Well It’s been a long year since we have started this build. We have learned a lot and done some things twice and fucked something’s up in the last year. But it feels so good to be on the tail end of this build and ready for Vegas FD.

Anyway on to the update.

Rear bash bar

We decided to run a self-ejecting D-Zus on the front and rear bumper so we can remove them with ease.

After the D-zus were mounted we started to heat gun the shitty extreme dimensions fenders. The rears fit of but the fronts were just pure junk. So those fenders are in the trash. Have no real pics of how bad the fronts were. so while waiting for the new sex fenders from frsports we did other things.
Started off by removing all the sound deadening bull shit to prep for the cage.

Then decided to remove the rear subframe to weld the diff and clean it up.

no pics of it welded we all know how they look
We then decided to upgrade to some Stance Sub frame solid bushing.
so we burned the old ones out while they were on order from frsports.

While waiting for the bushing me friend bought a welder and and talked me into doing gussets and boxing the ruca mounts.

Still waiting for the bushings he talked me into removing the spare tire trunk pan and doing some bracing and a nice bead rolled floor pan.
started by marking all the spot welds

then went to town on drilling them out

floor pan out

Bracing we put in

then the bushings came in. Thank you frsports of being such a kick ass company and hooking it up.
Dry Ice getting the bushings cold for install

Our only way to heat up the subframe for easy bushing install

bushings installed

The subframe back together with some PBM RUCAS

after the install of the subframe we went to stitch welding the chassis

Then bought the metal for the new trunk floor pan. 20g Cold rolled.
Our pattern for the new piece

then we cut it out of the 20g and took it to a friend to have it bead rolled
So from this

To this sex
( this is also going to help for a good mounting spot for the 16gal fuel cell )

After the install of that we Made the 3 1/2 hour drive to frsports to pick up some new parts. Unwrapping will come and be posted.. Got some free shirts plus a bad ass hour of bullshitting with a couple of frsports sales guy while we wrapped this for the 3 1/2 hour trip back to Havasu.

Once we got back from Fr we started the cage a couple days later.
Got this delivered to the house for freeeeeee 90ft of 1.5'' .120 wall DOM.

The whole goal behind the cage was to make it to where we could run all the panels from the rear struts forward. Just for more of a daily driver feel.

Started off by make the strut tower mounts. 2hours of bending and banging to get them where we liked..

Once they were welded in we started bending and mounting tubing.

Once we had most all the tubed mocked up we started to make the boxes for the cage floor mounts.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #31

Once the floor mounts were made and tacked in we started to run all the Tubing
The door bars have an out kick because were big guys and want the extra room

door bar hand cut fish mouth lol

The cage is now fully welded in i don’t have very many pics but I will post some ASAP

Mounted the dash bar.

Then I got a 1'' dimple die from friend and made the Cage Gussets

I work with what I got.. My little Gusset machine lol

Welded in

Then I made this in 20 min just playing around

But what do you guys think we should run
Option #1

Or Option #2

Got the new over fenders mounted. Origins look so much better and fit fantastic, hardly any sanding needed to get them to fit.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #32

Thing on the list for the next month.
Fenders
Body work
Prime
Paint car silver and cage the color of the bay
Seats
Fuel Cell
Wiring
and other BS to get this car back on the road..
More updates to come
Old 04-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmc View Post
great update, super detailed build. rep sent

Thank you sir

I have 2 build threads this one and one over on www.zilvia.net so im doing my best to keep them both updated. this one is i copy and paist of that one sorta,,
Old 04-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #34
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery

Awesome progress, it's good to see a 240 actually built right.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #35
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery

I vote for dimples
Old 07-30-2012, 08:16 AM   #37
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13bdafocker View Post
Then decided to remove the rear subframe to weld the diff and clean it up.
no pics of it welded we all know how they look

BTW, any progress on this?
Old 12-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #38
Hot Daym is a glorious beacon of lightHot Daym is a glorious beacon of lightHot Daym is a glorious beacon of lightHot Daym is a glorious beacon of lightHot Daym is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Dave
Hot Daym's Tacoma Gallery
i would'nt run a coil pack cover. they have a tendency to cause the coil packs to over heat. very clean build as well . i have an 89 240sx with a disco potato in it as well. have a soft spot for these cars and tacos nice taste