Started off this build with a friend. Its his car but im doing 95% of all the work. After building my 6th 240 i then talked him into letting me build his. Durring this build i sold off my drift car then bough a stock 240sx coupe and ended up trading him for his 2002 tacoma < the truck i now have. Long story short Its a 1991 240sx hatch back with a built sr20det running forged internals and a garett gt2871r turbo.
As the car sat leaving Kansas
What we started with
one fucked up harness
What I ended up with after 3 weeks of work
A cleaned up harness
As the car was before everything below this picture started.
After about 6 more weeks of driving the car we decided to clean it up some more and install some trick machine fasteners - aluminum radiator - E-Fans - cooling panel - and a new radiator mount.
My friend made the cooling panel - radiator mount and the E-Fan shroud.
He didnt get a chance to drive it due to one of the E-Fans having a broken blade. Thanks to Enjuku for sending me a new one out with no real issue.
While waiting for the E-fan we decided to pull the fenders to do a wire harness tuck because we want to drop the car another 3''-4'' and go with 40mm front over fenders and 50mm rear over fenders.
Us tucking the harnesses and bashing the seam line up.
While we were tucking the harness we located some over fenders in california. So we went on a drive to get them. We couldn't really wait to test fit them.
After the test fit we noticed there was still going to be a issue with the front and back rubbing. So we both said fuck it lets TUB and STITCH WELD the bitch.
so the motor came out
And the Tubing began
Today we stripped most the glue joints and wire wheeled them for stitch welding.
preping for the tubs
Ready for tubs and stitch welding
Stripped the motor down getting it ready for a good cleaning and paint...
Pulled the motor bay harness for the wire tuck ...
Pulled the dash to do a wire tuck and fix all the bull shit under it.
this s what was under the carpet
Started the tubs tonight but i need a better welder. Fucking flux core sucks ass.
started the mock up of the tubs.
finished up the tub templet's
Made some mounts for the front bash bar going to weld nuts on the back side so i can take it off when i need to.
Got our hands on a welder and put the tubs in and fixed some rust spots
Had to fix a rust issue first
WEEEE BEEE TUBBBINNN
Put in tubs and seam welded them up
Stitch welded the bay
Built a snow plow bash bar
Made our own power brace
Boxed in the lower arms and cut off the steering stop's ..
Plated some holes that I dont need anymore
Made a better FMIC mount ...
Also laid some body filler down on the tubs..
first thing i did was sleeve the frame
then i made the bumper to frame mounts
then welded in the last tube for the mount.
Then finished bash bar
test fit the fmic piping and bumper
Today we welded up some more hols and the rust we found also shaved the antenna and rear wiper arm.
the rust spot
blue tape is the shit when you need to make patterns
the new piece of metal
the finished spot of rust
Started the rear cuts on the wheel wells and fenders
threw some primer on the bay - bash bar - bumper/fmic mount..
Here is what the bay looked like painted but due to a major issue in the clear we stripped it down and started again.. Shitty but well worth it.
I little Tease how much tire we will be tucking ... Thinking of going 2'' lower all the way around.
I will be posting new paint pictures this week. We have done allot in the last couple months that isnt in posted yet.
Sorry about the build we jumped around allot due to having down time on some stuff.
Thanks for looking