Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

The 1991 240sx drift build

Old 11-01-2011, 03:38 PM   #1
s13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
s13bdafocker's Tacoma Gallery
The 1991 240sx drift build

Started off this build with a friend. Its his car but im doing 95% of all the work. After building my 6th 240 i then talked him into letting me build his. Durring this build i sold off my drift car then bough a stock 240sx coupe and ended up trading him for his 2002 tacoma < the truck i now have. Long story short Its a 1991 240sx hatch back with a built sr20det running forged internals and a garett gt2871r turbo.

As the car sat leaving Kansas

What we started with

one fucked up harness

What I ended up with after 3 weeks of work

A cleaned up harness

As the car was before everything below this picture started.

After about 6 more weeks of driving the car we decided to clean it up some more and install some trick machine fasteners - aluminum radiator - E-Fans - cooling panel - and a new radiator mount.

My friend made the cooling panel - radiator mount and the E-Fan shroud.

He didnt get a chance to drive it due to one of the E-Fans having a broken blade. Thanks to Enjuku for sending me a new one out with no real issue.

While waiting for the E-fan we decided to pull the fenders to do a wire harness tuck because we want to drop the car another 3''-4'' and go with 40mm front over fenders and 50mm rear over fenders.

Us tucking the harnesses and bashing the seam line up.

While we were tucking the harness we located some over fenders in california. So we went on a drive to get them. We couldn't really wait to test fit them.

After the test fit we noticed there was still going to be a issue with the front and back rubbing. So we both said fuck it lets TUB and STITCH WELD the bitch.

so the motor came out

And the Tubing began

Today we stripped most the glue joints and wire wheeled them for stitch welding.

preping for the tubs

Ready for tubs and stitch welding

Stripped the motor down getting it ready for a good cleaning and paint...

Pulled the motor bay harness for the wire tuck ...

Pulled the dash to do a wire tuck and fix all the bull shit under it.

this s what was under the carpet

Started the tubs tonight but i need a better welder. Fucking flux core sucks ass.

started the mock up of the tubs.

finished up the tub templet's

Made some mounts for the front bash bar going to weld nuts on the back side so i can take it off when i need to.

Got our hands on a welder and put the tubs in and fixed some rust spots

Had to fix a rust issue first

WEEEE BEEE TUBBBINNN

Put in tubs and seam welded them up
Stitch welded the bay
Built a snow plow bash bar

Made our own power brace

Boxed in the lower arms and cut off the steering stop's ..

Plated some holes that I dont need anymore

Made a better FMIC mount ...

Also laid some body filler down on the tubs..

first thing i did was sleeve the frame

then i made the bumper to frame mounts

then welded in the last tube for the mount.

Then finished bash bar

test fit the fmic piping and bumper

Today we welded up some more hols and the rust we found also shaved the antenna and rear wiper arm.

the rust spot

blue tape is the shit when you need to make patterns

the new piece of metal

the finished spot of rust

Started the rear cuts on the wheel wells and fenders

threw some primer on the bay - bash bar - bumper/fmic mount..

Here is what the bay looked like painted but due to a major issue in the clear we stripped it down and started again.. Shitty but well worth it.

I little Tease how much tire we will be tucking ... Thinking of going 2'' lower all the way around.

I will be posting new paint pictures this week. We have done allot in the last couple months that isnt in posted yet.

Sorry about the build we jumped around allot due to having down time on some stuff.

Thanks for looking
Old 11-01-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, mad props to you guys doing all that work yourself!! You guys must have a lot of skill to do a project like that!
Old 11-01-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
wow thats sweet dude!!
Old 11-01-2011, 03:57 PM   #4
s13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Wow, mad props to you guys doing all that work yourself!! You guys must have a lot of skill to do a project like that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
wow thats sweet dude!!
Thanks Guys

Yeah i have built some shit box cars to get where i am now. Plus the schooling i have helped. I keep telling my friend that this is just guess work for me and im just kinda winging it.( he gets pissed when i say that ) Hopping to open a shop soon or maybe get picked up to work in one.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #5
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
friggin sweet

Old 11-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work dude. I have always loved those cars.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #7
Master of the Prius...
SpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryen
SpazzyB's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SpazzyB
normally I hate 240sx's(because of the ricer idiots and fanboys around here), good to see some legit work done.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
friggin sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Nice work dude. I have always loved those cars.
so have i .. thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazzyB View Post
normally I hate 240sx's(because of the ricer idiots and fanboys around here), good to see some legit work done.
I understand about the fan boy statement I have been into drifting and 240's for over 9 years now. I have seen the import world go to shit with the kids jumping on the bandwagon. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
theres not a whole lot of people that can just cut up a car, design and build custom parts for it, then put it back together, all while working out of their garage! Mad props yo! Looks like ur doin everything legit too, no shortcuts! Def keep this up to date!
It prides me to do everything by the book and take my time to do things the rite way with what i have. After this car im onto my tacoma think its time for something not so low or fast.

I am going to fix this thread once i have some more time and put everything in order and update it.

Thanks guys hearing this makes me happy.

Got alot ahead of me. Got to do a full MIL SPEC chase and enging harness with a custom cluster and switch panel. Plus put everything back together and get ready for the SCCA/FD spec Cage.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:31 AM   #10
no one ever pays me in gum
blacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: caleb
blacksheff405's Tacoma Gallery
not usually a big fan when it comes to low cars but i like this one
Old 11-02-2011, 07:03 PM   #11
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
s13bdafocker keep us posted, and yeah clean this page up and bit and also write some more detail about things like suspension components and why did u wire tuck and tub the inner wheel wells, things like that are things i like to learn about and im sure some of the folks on here would be interested in learning about "drift" components
Old 11-02-2011, 07:12 PM   #12
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 11-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheff405 View Post
not usually a big fan when it comes to low cars but i like this one
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
s13bdafocker keep us posted, and yeah clean this page up and bit and also write some more detail about things like suspension components and why did u wire tuck and tub the inner wheel wells, things like that are things i like to learn about and im sure some of the folks on here would be interested in learning about "drift" components
Yeah I have another build thread on Zilvia.net might just combine the two. Thanks for input I will most likely re write this hole thread this weekend when I can sit down and go through everything . This week has been late nights on the car and all I have is my phone to post with. Got some good updates to post

The new goal to finish is Feb 14th

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneBIGroom View Post
subd
Thank you
Old 12-24-2011, 04:48 AM   #14
REALLY!!
mrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: F-22 Crew Chief
Name: Brent
mrp192's Tacoma Gallery
Makes me sad. I miss my s14
Old 12-24-2011, 04:59 AM   #15
fuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to behold
fuzz master's Tacoma Gallery
man this makes me want to tear into my s14 again. sadly no extra money to do any upgrades. for now i let my dad drive it for a daily driver seeing that my truck is my daily driver.

great work so far, if i lived near you i'd so let you build my s14.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:32 AM   #16
2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Trooper
Name: Blake
2010nctaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks nice. I had an s13 in hs. Nothing nice, but i would like to have one now that i have a real job and some extra $. It would be a fun car to drive around everyday and keep the miles off my truck
Old 12-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #17

Sorry for no update.. after this weekend there will be a big update got alot of work done.

Bought a JD Square model 3 bender to do a cage.. Cant fucking wait..

Also I am in the works of buying another 240 shitty part about the is it takes away from my longtravel build ,,
Old 12-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #18
No...me no have no more lemon pledge
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd ive been looking for one of these to build as have as a DD this 240 looks great
Old 02-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #19
03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future

Name: adam
03aztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13bdafocker View Post
Sorry for no update.. after this weekend there will be a big update got alot of work done.

Bought a JD Square model 3 bender to do a cage.. Cant fucking wait..

Also I am in the works of buying another 240 shitty part about the is it takes away from my longtravel build ,,

you ganna cage it from front to back?