Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Ntydog13 86 pickup build

Old 11-27-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
ntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ntydog13's Tacoma Gallery
Ntydog13 86 pickup build

figured its about time i do one of these

truck was originally purchased brand new by my father in 85. he drove it until about 1994 when he loaned it to one of his buddies and the buddy blew the engine. in 2006 we started a restoration after it sitting for 10+ years. went through almost the whole thing. brand new engine block straight from toyota with mostly brand new parts all along the way. my dad balanced and blue printed the engine himself. band new paint back in 2007. seats totally redone carpet professionally cleaned the whole 9 yards. rocked it that way for about a year then started to get some more money in my pockets and descided to put some money into the truck.

closest picture i have to stock

first purchase which i still regret to this day a shit ass light bar cause i liked the looks

little bit later got a bolt on bumper

then purchased slider and found a set of 31x10.5s on craiglist

rocked it this way for a bit then i wasnt happy with the performance so i got the lc engineering power pack and installed that

during the process hit 200,000 miles

rocked it this way for quite awhile and found tacomaworld and the real off roading began.

almost lost it on a cliff once but toyota power to the rescue. only casualty was the bumper got ripped off. i was fine with that

heading out to pismo with the so cal guys

got tired of the stock suspension so i bought a parts truck

fender got bent from ripping the bumper off so i swaped to fiber glass off of my parts truck and had a new bumper put on

now im starting the process of putting a total chaos gen 2 kit on which will be installed this next weekend

have everything minus shocks for the rear waiting for a deal to come up on some 2.5 bypasses and then the rear end will be done as well.

future: cab cage that ties into bed cage
regear
suspension bucket seats and 4 point harnesses
and as we all dream a supercharger
Old 12-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
ntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

the gen 2 kit and t100 axels showed up yesterday. getting installed this weekend
Old 12-11-2011, 09:22 PM   #3
Sabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: FN
Name: Kyle
Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
saw this truck at barstow this weekend mob around and its now making me want an older pickup to long travel instead of building my truck further

can't wait to see the rear get built keep an eye out for those shocks!!
Old 12-13-2011, 11:04 PM   #4

Sucked it up and bought bump stops and my bypasses yesterday and today now just gotta order the cans for my bumps and it will be set to go into dirtydangler again
Old 11-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #5

Realized its been almost a year since I updated this
Post front lt install

Then got the rear lt installed

Testing out the full lt in pismo

Stock front skid post pismo

Rebuilt the engine and installed lc engineering dual row timing chain kit

Added a led bar on the top of the bed cage

Soon to be future mods
Bypasses up front

Fiberglass bedsides

Some action shots

And lastly my drive way when I owned the three on the left. Back down to just the blue truck
Old 12-31-2012, 07:15 AM   #6
Paiza RIder
87Tcyota is on a distinguished road

Name: Joel
87Tcyota's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build man. Really enjoyed reading through it. A d its nice to know that someone elss is also building an old yota
Old 01-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #7

Thanks! Ya its nice to pull up to meets and stand out in the crowd. Ur build was pretty good too lots of changes
Old 01-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #8
Paiza RIder
87Tcyota is on a distinguished road

Name: Joel
87Tcyota's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man. How do you like your rear cage? I noticed you have the back part of whats usually the inside the cab out. Me and my buddy are thinking about doing something similar
Old 04-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #10

Since its been another 6 months another update is in order
Bedsides have been installed

Went to pismo

Picked up a brand new race radio

Regeared rear locker and bumped up to 33x12.5s

Picked up some devil horns

Now stripping the interior for it to get caged starting this weekend as well as get front bypasses mounted

After it gets back from getting caged its going in to fix a crack in the roof and replace severely cracked core support and get repainted so all body pannels will match again havnt descided color yet. Then after that back to the fabricator for spare tire carrier/rear bumper then hopefully by the end of the year engine swap to a 5vzfe
Old 04-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #11

Oh and played jeep for the first time a few weeks ago

and picked up a daily driver for when the truck is being worked on. Had to stick with Toyota. 2000 toyota celica gts
Old 05-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #12

Truck is currently getting caged, lower skid, and spare tire carrier. Pics when complete
Old 05-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #13
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Love the truck, reminds me so much of our farm truck that got burnt same truck except xtra cab, same color too with the retro stickers. I don't have any pics of it before or after it burnt but may it rest in peace sure do miss it
Old 06-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #14
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if i missed it but who built your bedcage? I'm LT'ing my rear this summer and I like the design of your bedcage, clean truck BTW
Old 06-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigo View Post
Not sure if i missed it but who built your bedcage? I'm LT'ing my rear this summer and I like the design of your bedcage, clean truck BTW
Thanks. Dirtydangler has done all the fabrication work on it