Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Box Rocket Trailer Build

Old 12-14-2011, 02:13 PM   #21
okboatie1 is a jewel in the roughokboatie1 is a jewel in the roughokboatie1 is a jewel in the rough

Navy:
Name: Darrell
okboatie1's Tacoma Gallery
You Sir have built one awesome trailer. Thanks for putting up the build page.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:31 AM   #22
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
wow

Amazing build! You are very talented! I wish I had the knowledge to do half the stuff you do!!!
Old 12-15-2011, 06:41 AM   #23
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
that is one awesome trailer build man great work
Old 12-15-2011, 09:44 PM   #25
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
There are a lot of times when I wish I wasn't a moron. This is just another.

How I'd love to have the skills and know-how to build something like that.

Nice work Brosef.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:54 PM   #26
rydaniels is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
rydaniels's Tacoma Gallery
amazing craftsmanship...aint no better feeling than building and crafting something with your own two hands...thanks for sharing
Old 12-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #27
Nick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Comm
Nick701's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool, makes me want to build one, just dont have the use for it... not yet
Old 01-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #28
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna finally be starting on a lid for the trailer soon. I think I'll also be respraying the fenders with bedliner. The paint on the front of the fenders has been getting beat up from rocks being kicked up from the truck.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #29
RCL will become famous soon enoughRCL will become famous soon enough

Army:
Name: Bob
RCL's Tacoma Gallery
Would you mind sharing the axle width?
Old 01-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #30
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

When I built the trailer I didn't have my Tacoma yet so it was designed around towing it with my 80 series Land Cruiser. There's some wiggle room on the ideal track width, but generally its nice to have a track width slightly wider than that of the tow rig. On the flip side if you can keep the track width close to the same then the trailer will be better at following in the same tracks as the tow rig which can be extremely helpful on tight or technical trails.

So I decided on 64" WMS to WMS. That is .5" wider than the 63.5" track width of my Land Cruiser. It works great with the Cruiser and even though it's a little wider than the Tacoma is has been pretty successful there too.

I don't know the track width of your truck (2010 right?) but I would guess it's pretty close to that.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #31
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Old 01-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #32
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build man
Old 01-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #33
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Nice build man

Thanks! I appreciate it.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #34
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
beautiful build. what kind of tent do you use?
Old 01-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #35
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhart View Post
beautiful build. what kind of tent do you use?
The one in the pictures is a first gen Mombasa. It's an entry level tent but has worked well when I've used it. I'm trying to save for an Eezi-Awn or Maggiolina.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #36
4Running
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Along with your truck this looks like another top notch build. The fact that you did it yourself and saved a huge amount of cash is just icing on the cake. Thanks for sharing the build.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #37
kidrobot7 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
kidrobot7's Tacoma Gallery
Damn I need to learn how to weld. That trailer came out awesome man. Only think I would've done differently would have been to make my own fenders out of diamond plate (so what if I have almost 150sq. ft. of it in my garage) because I like that look more but I still admire what you did with it.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #38
Neighborhood Know-it-all

I might be building new fenders sometime this summer. The current ones on it work fine, but I may be adding some side boxes that will work better with square top fenders.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #39
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Took the trailer out for some fun in central Utah last week. Good times.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #40
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
looks like your wheels will rub easily
It's a good thing that they don't.