Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Box Rocket Trailer Build

Old 08-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #101
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Spent last week camping in Socal with the fam and going to Disneyland. No offroad towing involved on this trip so we took the "Burb". We're packing up and heading out again tomorrow for S. Dakota and plan to do a little wheeling in the black hills and badlands so we're taking the Tacoma this time. Stoked.

Leading up to these trips I made a few more changes to the trailer. In the above pic you can see that I added two Hella 1000 Black Magics to the rear swing out for camp lights. Also, if you look close you can see the rack I added right under the tent for a camp table. Works slick. Table just slides in and has a small lock to keep it in place.

On the front I made a new bracket for my CO2 tank and another for a 5 gal fuel can. So for now there's 10gal of water 5 of fuel, 20lbs of CO2 and whatever I can fit in the fridge.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #102
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Round 2 of the summer road trip. This time to South Dakota. Trailer was awesome.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #103
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
On the front I made a new bracket for my CO2 tank and another for a 5 gal fuel can. So for now there's 10gal of water 5 of fuel, 20lbs of CO2 and whatever I can fit in the fridge.
What are the yellow things?
Old 08-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #104
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
sander1036's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMoose View Post
Lids to containers?
Old 08-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #106
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMoose View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander1036 View Post
Lids to containers?
Yep. Lids to the bins that hold all the stuff.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #107
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Old 08-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #110
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is that even camping any more?
Old 08-25-2013, 04:57 AM   #111
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice work buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btnewman View Post
It sure is.......................camping in style......................
Old 08-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #112
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
I know. You do what you gotta do for the wife and kids. My two older boys and I are leaving in a couple weeks on an extended "expedition" from the lowest elevation in Utah to the highest. There will be plenty of "legit" camping on that trip.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #113
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
that looks phenomenal. love your setup adam.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #114
draddots is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Dan
draddots's Tacoma Gallery
Eh, your trailer is alright. It won't be perfect until it is color matched to the Taco.
(^ sarcasm)

Nice work! Is lifting and lowering the tent rack a one person job?
Old 10-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #115
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud ofNEWBIETACO has much to be proud of

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
This trailer is horrible you should sell it to me.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #116
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by draddots View Post
Eh, your trailer is alright. It won't be perfect until it is color matched to the Taco.
(^ sarcasm)

Nice work! Is lifting and lowering the tent rack a one person job?
It can be done with one person, two people is easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBIETACO View Post
This trailer is horrible you should sell it to me.
Make me an offer.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #117
Dwill817 is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
Dwill817's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Make me an offer.
I'll start the bidding at $1.00!
Old 10-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #118
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwill817 View Post
I'll start the bidding at $1.00!
this could take a while
Old 10-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #119
Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass
killianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shed

killianeric's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
From experience I'd say he's camping. We went from this to tents, still was blast either way though
Old 10-31-2013, 03:39 PM   #120
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
idk how i wasn't subscribed, thought i was.