Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Box Rocket Trailer Build

Old 05-03-2014, 07:26 PM   #141
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you pick up the gas struts that had the correct ends to mount in that configuration? I've always wanted to do that, just haven't researched the parts.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:27 AM   #142
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
McMasterCarr
Old 05-20-2014, 12:03 PM   #143
FMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Hospital Corpsman
Name: Topher
FMF's Tacoma Gallery
Do you miss not having the annex on the new rtt?
Old 05-20-2014, 12:20 PM   #144
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I still have the annex and can use it if I need to. But having two tents (one on the truck and another on the trailer) makes the annex less necessary. We were primarily using the annex for a place for my kids to sleep. But now my wife and I sleep in the tent on the truck and the kids sleep in the tent on the trailer so the annex would only be used for a changing room or something like that. So to answer your question we don't miss it since we have two tents. If we still just had one tent, I would definitely want an annex.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:34 PM   #145
Neighborhood Know-it-all

On my last trip I managed to bend my Lock-n-Roll hitch so I ordered a replacement today and I'm going a different route this time just so I can compare the two. Got this new Max-Coupler today. Really looking forward to trying it out.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:29 PM   #146
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Any details on what was damaged on the old one?
Old 09-16-2014, 05:34 PM   #148
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Any details on what was damaged on the old one?
Yeah part on the trailerside attachment twisted a little behind the side-to-side hinge location and in front of the rotational section. I'll post a pic later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetlander View Post
Do you have a link from where you purchased the MaxCoupler? I'm looking to buy one in the next month or so.
I ordered mine from adventure trailers. www.adventuretrailers.com
Old 09-16-2014, 06:09 PM   #150
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I hope these guys are legit. Just got burned by sierra4x4trailers.
What happened?
I got my hitch from adventure trailers too.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:17 PM   #151
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Sierra4x4trailers has burned a lot of people from what I've heard. Adventure Trailers is about as legit as they come.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:29 PM   #152
Just trying to measure up...
Jetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Jonathan (aka MOAB)
Jetlander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
What happened?
I got my hitch from adventure trailers too.
Ordered and payed for a set of fenders over 3 months ago and have still yet to hear from them. I've called several times and have yet to speak to anyone, so I left several messages and still nothing... They haven't answered my emails either. Basically I've given up on getting my fenders or my money back.

Now I need to find an alternate source because I'm at a stage with my trailer build that I cannot go any further without a set. Would either of you have a idea where else I could find a set of large fenders?
Old 09-16-2014, 06:38 PM   #153
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Ordered and payed for a set of fenders over 3 months ago and have still yet to hear from them. I've called several times and have yet to speak to anyone, so I left several messages and still nothing... They haven't answered my emails either. Basically I've given up on getting my fenders or my money back.

Now I need to find an alternate source because I'm at a stage with my trailer build that I cannot go any further without a set. Would either of you have a idea where else I could find a set of large fenders?
Dispute it with your bank/credit card.
Biggest ones I found were from Sierra, (12" wide x 38" long)

These are close tho:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAIR-of-Trai...d6e662&vxp=mtr

Google around for "jeep trailer fenders"
Old 09-16-2014, 06:51 PM   #154
The Mad Scientist

Some more. No experience with any of the companies other than e-trailer (which is awesome), just what google came up with.

These are round, but 13" wide
http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Fend...F13X36-1R.html

Built to order, but up to 12" in jeep style:
http://www.fendersnmore.com/products/all.php

12" wide jeep style:
http://pacwesttrailers.com/catalog/t...ders-parts.php
Old 09-16-2014, 07:16 PM   #155
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Here's the pics of my bent Lock-n-Roll. It isn't *too* bad and I was still able to tow just fine with it but the side to side rotation is definitely binding slightly when towing with this bend.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:16 AM   #156
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
On my last trip I managed to bend my Lock-n-Roll hitch so I ordered a replacement today and I'm going a different route this time just so I can compare the two. Got this new Max-Coupler today. Really looking forward to trying it out.

I've had great luck with mine and supposedly these ones^^^^ are the new redesigned ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Yeah part on the trailerside attachment twisted a little behind the side-to-side hinge location and in front of the rotational section. I'll post a pic later.

I ordered mine from adventure trailers. www.adventuretrailers.com
I got mine from them. Been great to deal with. Was at my door two days after ordering.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:24 AM   #157
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that's definitely tweaked lol
Old 09-18-2014, 09:42 AM   #158
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Wow that's definitely tweaked lol
Yeah there's only certain situations where it can happen. Basically, if you are backing up and sharply turning the trailer, the coupler will want to rotate upward at the connection point with the truck. When/if that happens it makes it so the side to side rotation joint is bound up. If you continue to back up, something has to move and since that rotation is bound up it twists that section of the coupler.

It's a rare occurrence and kinda takes a perfect storm of steps to make it happen but it can happen. Lock-n-Roll has beefed up that section of the coupler on newer ones so that it will resist the twisting if the coupler does bind like that so I have not heard of too many cases of it happening in the last couple years.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:51 AM   #159
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
That's sucks for the price of those things.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:55 AM   #160
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
That's sucks for the price of those things.
True, but let's just say mine has been *well used* for 6 years now. Regardless of that it shouldn't fail like it did for what you are paying, so I agree. But I still find it hard to complain too much.