Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

the black sheep of TW

Old 12-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
Sparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Sparky4.0's Tacoma Gallery
the black sheep of TW

Well.... Sadly I retired my 01 trd taco. But this forum is the best I have ever found. I do plan/looking for a solid axle yota. Still have an 81 cj7 locked Linked etc. A vw buggy yada yada. I hope this is the right place to post a non yota Q. Or plz move it mods. So... I aquired a 91 v10 blazer. Commonly called k5 but in 88 Chevy swapped designs on the trucks and left the "fool size" blazers the same body style and designated them v models opposed to k's........ On to the q I buried the blazer in more water than the Nile will hold. Trailer it home. Spun the spark plugs out cranked the engine to purge water from the cylinders.... and yea it was more fluid than Ron white drinks on stage. Next..... Being stupid I cranked the engine. Fired up and ran strong!!! The idiot stick hit me. (still looking for that elf) anyways I killed it. Swapped the oil cause... Duh..... it had a gallon of water. Checked to see if I was at proper level. And it was. So i started it up again. Ran fine for a few minutes at idle. Then bang...... I dropped my beer. LOL. After it ran at idle it shot water out of the muffler. I sawzall the muffler off. ( full exhaust is sitting in the garage) after the oil swap I lost all oil pressure at idle. At 1500rpm the engine runs sound at higher rpm I have a knock (not valve train) also at idle no pressure. Slight throttle its acceptable oil psi. As soon as i left of the skinny pedal the ecm sends the dummy signal and shuts power off as its under 5-10 psi on the (mechanical gauge) so having heard that what's my next move.? Drop the oil pan.... See if the oil pick up it clogged. Run a heavy oil to pick up sediment./clean .... Check the oil pump. Sorry I forgot. Tw is awesome and i miss my trd with a passion!!!!! I know starting it like a newb basically acted like sandpaper on my bearings etc. Guess I will start from the bottom (oil pan/crank) up to the tbi system. Any thought from the taco world.. ? 91 v10 blazer. 5.7 tbi 350 cid sbc.. 700r4 tranny... Np241 x fer case. 10 bolts gov bomb rear diff 4.10 r&p 33 muds...
Old 12-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
Sparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Sparky4.0's Tacoma Gallery
Bump.