Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Heather's 92 Pickup Build

Old 03-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #281
H Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Heather
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Time for a new clutch!

Old 03-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #282
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
This truck is pure sex!

Old 05-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #283
H Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
My 40" led light bar arrived. Now I just need to figure out the best way to mount it...
Old 05-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #285
valon5150 will become famous soon enough

Name: Steven
valon5150's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
My 40" led light bar arrived. Now I just need to figure out the best way to mount it...
sweet. a buddy of mine just got a 40" for his runner. He brings the daylight at night
Old 07-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #286
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Finally lifted up the rear with the trail gear 4" kit this weekend. It rides much smoother now with new leaf springs, and the install went well! I only have pics of it in progress for now:

Old 07-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #287
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some finished pics of the rear lift:

Old 07-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #288
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good!

Sliders next?
Old 07-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #289
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Looks good!

Sliders next?
Thanks! Ya... I've had sliders sitting in the garage for over a year... Just been dreading the install. I think that will be my next project!
Old 07-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #290
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Cleaned and painted the rear axle this weekend to cover the bare metal, since I didn't have time when we were installing the lift.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #291
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Just curious, why'd you do the front one red and the back black?

Also, where'd you get your extended brake lines from? I've been looking (not very hard, though) and so far I've just seen kits for tacomas and other newer trucks, not ours.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #292
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
Just curious, why'd you do the front one red and the back black?

Also, where'd you get your extended brake lines from? I've been looking (not very hard, though) and so far I've just seen kits for tacomas and other newer trucks, not ours.
I figured that painting the rear axle red would be overly tacky. Lol. Plus it is easier to paint and touch up the black.

I got my brake lines from Trail Gear. They came with both the front and rear kits I ordered from them.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #293
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Today I mounted my led light bar. I can't decide if I like it or hate it... I haven't wired it up yet cause I can't decide if it is staying there or coming off. Opinions?

Old 08-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #294
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Do you have any pictures of the whole truck with the bar installed? I'm undecided with those pictures. it seems to look pretty good, though.
I saw your name on that group buy and thought, "damn, where's she gonna put a 40" bar on that truck!?" I'm also interested in seeing close up pics of the mount, or at least reading a description.

Have you wheeled it with the new suspension, yet?
Old 08-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #295
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do you have any pictures of the whole truck with the bar installed? I'm undecided with those pictures. it seems to look pretty good, though.
I saw your name on that group buy and thought, "damn, where's she gonna put a 40" bar on that truck!?" I'm also interested in seeing close up pics of the mount, or at least reading a description.

Have you wheeled it with the new suspension, yet?
I will go take a pic of the whole truck in a bit. I bailed on that group buy and got a refund before it got too nasty. I ordered this one from another vendor for less money and had it two days later. I really wanted it on my roof-- but I was hoping it would look a bit slicker. The mount is a Carr light bar. It's the only roof mount I could find. It's a good idea, but it is a bit tall and bulky.

I haven't had a chance to wheel it yet. I've been working weekends. But, I have been daily driving the truck and it rides a lot smoother now.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #297
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
It's up too high IMO. Looks like the light might fit underneath the mount, tucked closer to the roof. I would certainly rip it off on a tree over here on the east coast.
I didn't even think about mounting it on the bottom side-- I'll blame beer and lack of sleep...

Anyway, I took your advice and flipped it. I like it much better now.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #298
LensCap

Hey, that looks much better! And it's protected, too. Good suggestion Ajohnson!

Yeah I stuck with trek lights and ended up getting my lights no problem. I only bought two mono xt pods, though, so I was only $90 into it as opposed to some of the other folks. apparently someone on another forum ordered like $9K or $10K or something in lights and didn't get any. It got pretty messed up.

Good to hear that the new rear suspension is a great improvement! I hope you're able to get it out in some dirt to fully test it soon.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #299
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey, that looks much better! And it's protected, too. Good suggestion Ajohnson!

Yeah I stuck with trek lights and ended up getting my lights no problem. I only bought two mono xt pods, though, so I was only $90 into it as opposed to some of the other folks. apparently someone on another forum ordered like $9K or $10K or something in lights and didn't get any. It got pretty messed up.

Good to hear that the new rear suspension is a great improvement! I hope you're able to get it out in some dirt to fully test it soon.
I'm glad you got your trek lights... I didn't think it was going to turn out as bad as it did. You get your lights on your truck yet? Any other new stuff on your truck lately?
Old 08-12-2013, 07:49 AM   #300
LensCap

I got two, intending to use both on the back as reverse lighting, then tested them and found that they are much brighter than I need for back there. I have a mounting spot for one but I still need to wire it up. For the other, I wired it to a cigarette lighter plug so I can have it in the cab as a spotlight. And I most recently got a portable 12V battery with a cigarette lighter female plug so I can take the spotlight anywhere. It worked out very well.
Other than that, I haven't done too much since the new suspension went on about 6 months ago. Still have some fine-tuning to do with the torsion bars, though.