Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

Heather's 92 Pickup Build

Old 04-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #41
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
I have the exact same truck but white. Great truck! Nice build, too!
I'm still not sure exactly how built-up I want to make my truck, but I've been on and off considering a small lift and larger tires. What drawbacks are there to your lift or any other that you know of? I've heard a lot about rubbing and other drive-train complications...stuff that I don't want to deal with.
Definitely gonna look into your CB radio, how much was it? The cab placement is cool, too! I hadn't thought of removing that little drawer thing.

Any thoughts on lockers?
Old 04-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #42
bajaracer is on a distinguished road
Name: Charly
bajaracer's Tacoma Gallery
If someone can tell me how to take some of my old truck pixs and make them digital so I can post them you"d be amazed at the similarities. I miss it even more as I read your thread.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:58 AM   #43
H Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Heather
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
I have the exact same truck but white. Great truck! Nice build, too!
I'm still not sure exactly how built-up I want to make my truck, but I've been on and off considering a small lift and larger tires. What drawbacks are there to your lift or any other that you know of? I've heard a lot about rubbing and other drive-train complications...stuff that I don't want to deal with.
Definitely gonna look into your CB radio, how much was it? The cab placement is cool, too! I hadn't thought of removing that little drawer thing.

Any thoughts on lockers?
I see the pic of your truck in your avatar pic. It does look like my trucks twin! From everything I have read, these trucks handle larger tires pretty well. I fit 33s on the stock suspension. With my lift, I could fit 35s but I'm not interested in going that big. Lifting my truck actually helped the handling and ride. Of course, that is likely because I ended up replacing a bunch of old worn out suspensions parts at the same time-- like the shocks, inner and outer tie rods, and ball joints. So far, I haven't had any issues with my lift.

The cb radio set up was around $130. Yeah, the ashtray drawer thing comes out and then you just cut the plastic out behind it. The radio fits in there perfectly!
Old 04-13-2012, 08:00 AM   #44
H Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajaracer View Post
If someone can tell me how to take some of my old truck pixs and make them digital so I can post them you"d be amazed at the similarities. I miss it even more as I read your thread.
Post some pics on TW! I have no idea how to do that-- I'm awful at technology. I bet a drugstore with a film developing department could do it...
Old 04-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #45
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajaracer View Post
If you or a friend has a scanner you can scan the pictures into a .jpg format to upload them. Or you can take a picture of them if you have a relatively high-quality camera (doesn't have to be a DSLR or anything super fancy, just at least a GOOD point-and-shoot) as an alternative. I've done that with school notes to copy them, it works well enough.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #46
LensCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
I see the pic of your truck in your avatar pic. It does look like my trucks twin! From everything I have read, these trucks handle larger tires pretty well. I fit 33s on the stock suspension. With my lift, I could fit 35s but I'm not interested in going that big. Lifting my truck actually helped the handling and ride. Of course, that is likely because I ended up replacing a bunch of old worn out suspensions parts at the same time-- like the shocks, inner and outer tie rods, and ball joints. So far, I haven't had any issues with my lift.

The cb radio set up was around $130. Yeah, the ashtray drawer thing comes out and then you just cut the plastic out behind it. The radio fits in there perfectly!
When I had my ARB bumper installed I was considering replacing the stock suspension, so I had a mechanic look at it, and they said that it all looks pretty good still. My truck handles super well, too, so I don't know.
Did you take many pictures of the install of your lift?
Old 04-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #47
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
When I had my ARB bumper installed I was considering replacing the stock suspension, so I had a mechanic look at it, and they said that it all looks pretty good still. My truck handles super well, too, so I don't know.
Did you take many pictures of the install of your lift?
I doubt that adding a lift like mine will change the way it rides significantly. Before I installed my lift, I had just cranked the torsion bars up about an inch or so. That made the ride awful. Which makes sense. But, as soon as my lift was on, my torsion bars got relaxed down to the stock position.

I don't have any pics of the lift install. We installed it really late at night in the freezing cold and the lift was fighting us pretty good. I didn't even think to take pictures until it was all done... Lol
Old 04-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #48
rbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: ARFF @ ROC
Name: Rich
rbishopp's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck H Bomb. Your CB handle I think. Makes a good one.
I always wanted a mid to late 90's tacoma to mess around with. My 2009 DD is getting little mods here and there til it's broken in (about 100K to go) and money isn't so tight.

Keep posting up your work.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #49
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
The powder coaters finally finished my new rear bumper!

Old 05-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #50
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Also repainted my stock wheels today...

Before:

After:
Old 05-13-2012, 05:14 AM   #51
Hug balls bitch
big dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
big dog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The powder coaters finally finished my new rear bumper!

I'm a little Julius you still have you stock pinstriping, sometimes I wish I still had mine Bumper looks great can't wait to get mine
Old 05-13-2012, 06:15 AM   #52
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Great Build thread
love the wheelin pics & rooster tail.
Your truck looks awesome!
The paint looks amazing for the year.
No toyota truck survives here in VT like that unless it was put up for winter.
Congrats & yeah the stock decals are the bomb.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:38 AM   #53
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
The truck looks great! The wheels came out real nice. Also, one of the nicest pipe bumpers I've seen - I like that it has somewhat of a step in the back vs. just a single pipe.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #54
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great Heather!! ^^^
Old 05-13-2012, 08:15 AM   #55
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery

You found a gem, no doubt about that!
Old 05-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #56
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by big dog View Post
I'm a little Julius you still have you stock pinstriping, sometimes I wish I still had mine Bumper looks great can't wait to get mine
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the TG bumper. I have been considering removing all the badging and striping from the tailgate... It isn't in great shape up close unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
Great Build thread
love the wheelin pics & rooster tail.
Your truck looks awesome!
The paint looks amazing for the year.
No toyota truck survives here in VT like that unless it was put up for winter.
Congrats & yeah the stock decals are the bomb.
Thanks, Judy! It must have been garaged for most of its life...Seattle can be pretty hard on trucks too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
The truck looks great! The wheels came out real nice. Also, one of the nicest pipe bumpers I've seen - I like that it has somewhat of a step in the back vs. just a single pipe.
Yeah, I thought the step thing looked silly at first. But, it is very handy and practical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Looks great Heather!! ^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post

You found a gem, no doubt about that!
Thanks guys!
Old 05-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #57
LensCap

I heard that back when these were new the first thing to go was the striping...not sure why, I like it.
The wheels look super nice!
Old 05-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #58
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Sliders are powder coated and ready to go on the truck...just need to get them welded on.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #59
Hug balls bitch
big dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
big dog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sliders are powder coated and ready to go on the truck...just need to get them welded on.

Hell yeah
Old 05-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #60
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Looks sick Heather!!!